INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why can I no longer see or play my APE audio files in MC19?  (Read 1078 times)

jbd

• Recent member
Why can I no longer see or play my APE audio files in MC19?
« on: December 30, 2013, 04:57:33 pm »

MC19 says playback for APE files is not supported.  It was supported several days ago when I last used MC19.  What happened?  Do I need to re-rip all my CDs to another format now?  That would be a total PITA, esp since I spent hours ripping my CDs to the APE format which appeared as the default format for ripping CDs within JRiver. 

I'm willing to believe this is somehow a configuration failure on my part, but I sure can't figure it out.  It was working so well just a few days ago.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Why can I no longer see or play my APE audio files in MC19?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 05:43:19 pm »

APE is fully supported.  How are you trying to play them?

Did you try rebooting or reinstalling?

Windows or Mac?

jbd

• Recent member
Re: Why can I no longer see or play my APE audio files in MC19?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 07:49:57 am »

Using windows on this machine... XP to be exact, though planning to convert to Win7 in a few days.  Trying to play APE files resident on that machine and that appear in MC19 main library. 

Installed Monkey Audio wondering if it was a codec issue of some type.  No joy.  However...

APE files work in the MC instance on my original, personal user account on that machine.  The playback failure was on a new user account I created for family.  I haven't been able to figure out why APE playback works on one user account but not the other, but I've abandoned that non-functional user account anyway so moot at this point.

I'll be back with more info if APE playback fails after all the reinstall work needed to upgrade from XP to Win7.

Thanks...
Pages: [1]   Go Up