INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC only displaying every second item from Android devices  (Read 2810 times)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
MC only displaying every second item from Android devices
« on: January 06, 2014, 04:58:23 am »

Hi Guys,

This has been a bug bear for a while, but is now more prevalent since the better half got a Nexus 7 for Christmas.

On any android device I've tried (HTC One, HTC Sensation, Nexus 7, Galaxy S2), using any DLNA app I've tried (Skifta, Stock HTC, Bubble) MC will only display every second item from the phone, whether I'm playing a slideshow in the program or if I'm scrolling manually or if there are a combination of video files and images.

Is there a setting in the options (or an option in the phone settings) I can tweak to fix this, or is it a bug?

Cheers,

J.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC only displaying every second item from Android devices
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 06:35:34 am »

On any android device I've tried (HTC One, HTC Sensation, Nexus 7, Galaxy S2), using any DLNA app I've tried (Skifta, Stock HTC, Bubble) MC will only display every second item from the phone, whether I'm playing a slideshow in the program or if I'm scrolling manually or if there are a combination of video files and images.

I expect that you will need to be more explicit about what you mean by "MC will only display every second item from the phone" ...

• Are you referring to case 1) where MC is browsing a library served by the phone, or 2) where you are pushing an item from the phone to play / display on MC?
  • What precisely do you mean by "every second item" i.e. are you referring to items in a playlist, or tracks in a library? And how do you decide what counts as "every second" i.e. according to which sorting criterion do you determine "every second" ??

Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 09:37:21 am »

I expect that you will need to be more explicit about what you mean by "MC will only display every second item from the phone" ...

• Are you referring to case 1) where MC is browsing a library served by the phone, or 2) where you are pushing an item from the phone to play / display on MC?
  • What precisely do you mean by "every second item" i.e. are you referring to items in a playlist, or tracks in a library? And how do you decide what counts as "every second" i.e. according to which sorting criterion do you determine "every second" ??

Thanks for helping me to explain this a little better.

I'm using Skifta / HTC Stock Gallery / Bubble / KX Player etc to push content to MC HTPC.

In the software, I can browse media on the device - photos, video etc and push it to MC. Using a swipe, I can move to the next picture or the previous picture in the folder, or I can use the Play function which automatically moves to the next image in the local folder after 5 seconds (a slideshow if you like).

"Every second x" means "Every Second x". So for instance...

On my device, I open KX and navigate to the Pictures folder. I have x number of images in the folder. I select the first one and it appears on my device screen and on MC. Great.

HOWEVER

If I swipe to the next image, or use the slideshow function, the next image displays on my device screen, but not in MC, but then the one after that does display on both and so on and so forth, so literally *every second* image or video does not display in MC.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 02:55:44 pm »

If I swipe to the next image, or use the slideshow function, the next image displays on my device screen, but not in MC, but then the one after that does display on both and so on and so forth, so literally *every second* image or video does not display in MC.

Ok. Understood.

How much time are you allowing between swipes? (Does it work if you wait a little longer?)

Anyway, without knowing the answer, my personal guess is that this could be another issue related to MC's implementation of SetAVTransportURI / SetNextAVTransportURI...
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 05:04:20 pm »

I thought it might be a time-to-load problem, but it isn't. It doesn't matter how long I leave between action to go to next image or video, the problem persists.

Thanks for your thoughts.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 05:50:15 pm »

Make sure you have slideshow off.  Hit the space bar once.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 10:38:04 pm »

Thanks Jim,

Slideshow is off and still happening.

Cheers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up