INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mp3 on cd - playlist stops if a track is offline  (Read 526 times)

dayraider123

« on: February 25, 2002, 02:21:12 am »

MJ 8.0.211 beta

A data cd of mp3s when catalogued appears in the database as its unique media identifier rather than as the drive letter of your cd drive eg  (0x1C1501E9): instead of H:  (in my case)   In MJ7 cds all appeared as drive H: but now each with the media identifier. Before if a playlist contained a track from a cd that was not in the drive it just skipped it, which is fine. Now if any offline file is found it pops up a "can't find" type message and stops playing altogether (and even locked up MJ this last time) CDs I previously logged still appear as drive H: and skip as before.

Can this be fixed, or given and option to either ignore missing files or not.   I've tried making a category "offline" and adding all my cd tracks to that, then putting the filter on to not play tracks that are "offline", but it ignores that and still stops play. If it cant be fixed I'll just go back to mj7, catalogue them all as H:

When doing a library update (to remove missing links) all tracks in the CD DVD section are erased even though option not to delete media on removable drives ticked. Luckily I'd backed up before update. Dive H: items (old MP3cd records) remain untouched,

Apart from this MJ is the best prog out there, highly recommended Next Page
Pages: [1]   Go Up