INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Samsung Blu Ray Player Disconnects from MC after 1 song  (Read 2499 times)

tkemcg

Samsung Blu Ray Player Disconnects from MC after 1 song
« on: January 26, 2014, 01:40:49 pm »

Newbie here.  Question - I've been looking for a suitable replacement for my old Audiotron for a good number of years with little success.  Recently I stumbled onto JRiver and based on the reviews I thought maybe I had stumbled upon an answer.

The software works great on my server and through Gizmo, but I'm having difficulty with audio playback through my Samsung Blu Ray player over DLNA.  It connects just fine, searches are relatively quick (by DLNA standards on a Blu Ray), but after playing back one song in entirety, the player gives me a "error-disconnected".  I've tried various setting up different DLNA profiles (generic, Samsung BD, UPnP) in the MC software - all work and all do the exact same thing.  One song and disconnect.

Although both are painfully slow when indexing, I've experimented with Windows MediaPlayer and the Samsung Allshare software for the server and the Blu Ray player will play back whole albums without issue.  It's a problem that only occurs when using MC as my server software.

I've searched the forums but have not found any similar issues.

My server is Windows 7; I'm running the server and the Blu Ray client over Ethernet.  The player is a Samsung BD-F5100 (very basic).  I'm running the free trial right now - everything says there are no limitations, but just in case.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Samsung Blu Ray Player Disconnects from MC after 1 song
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 01:44:38 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  DLNA has some options in MC.  Try DLNA Extra.

Can you update the firmware?

Make sure you have 19.0.108 installed.  It's at the top of the MC19 board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up