INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [19.0.108] A couple of suggestions regarding audio analysis and audio streams  (Read 1353 times)

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe

So this isn't a technical issue per se, but something I've noticed is that, when using the analyse audio feature on videos with multiple audio streams, it only seems to analyse whichever is the "default" track (for lack of better phrasing--one can "choose" which track to analyse by playing the video, switching the stream, stopping it, and then analysing--more on that momentarily). If you ever decided to choose a different stream, you'd have to analyse it again, which isn't very feasible, considering the length of some movies.

Would it be possible to include an option to analyse all audio streams contained in a given (set of) videos?

Also, the "solution" I mentioned above works well enough for ripped blu-ray discs (in BMDV/STREAM folder structure), but for whatever reason, whenever I stop a ripped DVD (VIDEO_TS folder structure), it "forgets" whatever choices I made in regards to audio streams and subtitle tracks. This effectively makes it impossible to analyse non-default audio streams in ripped DVD's. If possible, I'd love to see this remedied.

Another minor quip: is there a reason MC also "forgets" which subtitle track I last chose when the subtitle track in question is a sidecar?

I appreciate any and all input. :)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

I think they mentioned before that it won't be possible to analyze all tracks in a video. If you want them all analyzed, then you can created a separate Particle for each audio track and select that audio track in the Particle. Since a Particle is a virtual copy of the original, you aren't using any extra disc space.

. . . whenever I stop a ripped DVD (VIDEO_TS folder structure), it "forgets" whatever choices I made in regards to audio streams and subtitle tracks. This effectively makes it impossible to analyse non-default audio streams in ripped DVD's. If possible, I'd love to see this remedied.

Another minor quip: is there a reason MC also "forgets" which subtitle track I last chose when the subtitle track in question is a sidecar?
These seem like bugs to me and not the intended behavior. You might want to post these as bugs in the build thread.

Goatshade

Ahh, perfect! Thank you for the response. Particles do quite nicely! :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up