INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Folder from 'Explorer' context option  (Read 942 times)

BenKenobi

Playing Folder from 'Explorer' context option
« on: January 31, 2014, 10:45:33 am »

Is there any way at all to stop MC from trying to 'play' images that just happen to be in the folders alongside whatever audio type is present.

For instance if I try to play this structure

A Little South of Sanity
    CD1
    CD2
    Aerosmith_-_A_Little_South_Of_Sanity_More-back.jpg
    Aerosmith_-_A_Little_South_Of_Sanity_More-front.jpg

Where CD1 and CD2 contain the tracks, right clicking on the folder in explorer to bring up the context window, selecting Media Centre > Play results in MC opening the first jpg, then the second, then as it loads each track in the CD folders it tries to open them as images and fails miserably to do so.

Many of my audio folders contain cover art etc etc - this behaviour is a pain in the hole - I can't simply select say a 'Pink Floyd' folder and play everything in it because it tries to play the darn pictures too.

I have disassociated JRiver from pictures of any kind and yet still it tries to do this.

I play audio a lot in the background while working and having to specifically select tracks etc is a pain - and don't say create playlists etc etc - I want to be able to select a folder from explorer and say 'play' - without launching JRiver first.

Ideas please.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playing Folder from 'Explorer' context option
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 10:47:46 am »

Why play from Explorer?  Why not play from MC under Artist or Album?

BenKenobi

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 10:53:01 am »

Partly because I generally don't open Media Centre when working, I keep it sat in the tray as an icon - I do however generally have explorer open so it is far easier for me to select a folder / right click and select play.

I don't generally use the navigation features of JRiver at all on the PC that I do my day job on - that's reserved for the Home Theatre PC.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 11:20:14 am »

How about if you go to MC settings for file types and unselect jpg as a system file.

BenKenobi

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 11:29:13 am »

I've unselected all image types from the file associations, didn't work - your post prompted me to go look at the enabled features - I unchecked 'Images' and this seems to have done the trick, I don't use JRiver for Images at all so this 'fix' works for me ... result - ta.
Pages: [1]   Go Up