Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BASS  (Read 1302 times)

freesteve

• Recent member
BASS
« on: February 04, 2014, 10:56:20 am »

No matter how I set up JRiver 10 I am not getting proper base; I have changed everything one way or another so any forthcoming suggestions are appreciated.    (BTW, other audio playback programs sound the bass out using asio, wasapi, etc.)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: BASS
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 11:05:41 am »

You shouldn't need to do anything to get proper bass.  Maybe more details about what you're doing would help.

freesteve

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 02:26:41 pm »

I have tweaked every option that I can find in JRiver and yet my bass lacks real luster.  I have been to CA many times and your wiki  as well.  Perhaps a real, "Step by Step" may assist.
Thank you

gappie

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 02:39:27 pm »

I have tweaked every option that I can find in JRiver and yet my bass lacks real luster.  I have been to CA many times and your wiki  as well.  Perhaps a real, "Step by Step" may assist.
Thank you
well.. should work out of the box, so that is the step by step.. does here, always did.. so what did you do, and what hardware do you use. :)

:)
gab

edit: just to be clear. you are still using the realtek>emotiva setup, that worked great with mc 18? have you changed anything besides mc?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 12:31:59 am »

Just to be clear, are you using Media Center version 10?

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 06:31:05 am »

It's possible that whatever your audio output is, is bypassing any driver-based processing that is exaggerating the bass.

Try changing your output to DirectSound and see if that helps.

freesteve

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 07:53:08 am »

activated loudness in internal volume...  sounds much better...   MC= " an art of discovery..."

freesteve

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 07:57:41 am »

well.. should work out of the box, so that is the step by step.. does here, always did.. so what did you do, and what hardware do you use. :)

:)
gab

edit: just to be clear. you are still using the realtek>emotiva setup, that worked great with mc 18? have you changed anything besides mc?

I no longer use the Emotiva setup..  I am now USB- Benchmark DAC- FOCAL Solo6 including their sub...  Switched out my power cords to 15 amp by TRIODE & this "opened up detail, etc." on the other players I use, e.e. Winamp w/ Isotope, AIMP3, CORE, etc.   I just want to get the "full benefits of MC" that so many of you are already appreciating.  Thank you,  enjoy.

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 06:23:06 pm »

repositioning your speakers/sub closer to the rear wall/corner will help with adding bass.
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23
Pages: [1]   Go Up