INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "View all media" question  (Read 2145 times)

garylynch

• Recent member
"View all media" question
« on: February 11, 2014, 03:40:42 am »

I know it must be in here somewhere but how do I view all media together, so I can move Cover Art when renaming albums?  Older versions used to move the cover art and delete the old folder but I now have a ton of folders hanging about with just the cover art in them, as MC19 hasn't moved them!  So, am thinking I need to have something similar to the old "All Media view" so I can include the cover art when re-tagging, so it will delete old empty folders....please help!  Have tried putting cover art in discrete folder but really want to keep them with the albums, properly named....

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: "View all media" question
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 04:55:13 am »

Customize the view, and disable the setting to use parent rules for file display.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

garylynch

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 12:33:21 pm »

Knew it would be that simple.... thank you! ;D

garylynch

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 03:06:41 am »

Sorry - next (related) question....

What I would really like to do with cover art is store it according to my normal directory naming rules (e.g. directory = album, filename = track# - name - artist....that way if I'm renaming files/albums etc., it will pick up the art and move that too, deleting the old folders.  I have tried Folder.jpg, storing inside file, storing separately in external directory but none of them appear to update the cover art name if I re-name/re-tag in MC19....

Is there a way to achieve what I want to do?  If not, what's the best way of storing cover art so it does get renamed/moved when albums are updated?  Otherwise I end up with a lot of folders with just the .jpg file in it, with the wrong name!

I could live with manually tagging all cover art too if that was the only way to achieve this, but I can't seem to get to an editable version of tags with jpgs on MC19.

Thanks!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up