INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Controls for MC19  (Read 2767 times)

gauchomigo

Remote Controls for MC19
« on: February 24, 2014, 05:06:19 pm »

I am evaluating MC right now, and like it a lot.  I am a bit confused over the scarcity of information concerning remote controls on this board;  I am trying to avoid putting yet another remote control on the end-table;  and would like to use a Harmony One in conjunction with FLIRC, but am having issues with it, specifically sensitivity issues;  I either have to hit buttons twice, or deal with multiple button inputs if I crank up the remote sensitivity. 

Being able to work with my music collection is important, and I have found JRemote to be excellent at this task.  I just don't want to have to drag out the iPad when all I want to do is watch a show or a movie. 

Can anyone share their success/failure stories concerning remotes?   

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Remote Controls for MC19
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 06:19:49 pm »

This wiki topic has information that might be helpful:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Remotes

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 06:50:00 pm »

I use a SnapStream Firefly programmed via Girder and it works extremely well.

I know others here use Harmony remotes, so that should be possible.  It sounds like you're just having a repeat-rate issue (which is sometimes troublesome to sort out but certainly not unsolvable).  I can't provide any details myself, though as I've never used one...

The other option is that MC responds very well to any IR Media Center remote out of the box.  So, if:

1. You get one of these, you should find it pretty easy to set up.
2. You can make your Harmony emulate a standard Windows Media Center remote, then you should also be golden.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 10:12:23 am »

I *think* I may have asked this before, but with regards the MCE remote, does it actually have to be the one depicted here : http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Remotes#Media_Center_Remote

I have a Green Button remote - not some Chinese duff, but a proper, official Green Button MCE remote. It works, but the Setup screen fails to find it. It's a Philips SRM 5100.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 10:43:38 am »

If it works with WMC, it will work with MC.  You can read about installation on the wiki.

Does it work with WMC?  Is there an IR receiver?
Pages: [1]   Go Up