INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.120 -- Available Here  (Read 8811 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 19.0.120 -- Available Here
« on: March 06, 2014, 09:50:39 am »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190120.exe

Please use the Problems and Questions thread if you need help.

19.0.120 (3/4/2014)

1. Fixed: Importing a playlist would clear the "Image File" field for files with embedded cover art.
2. Fixed: Some television recordings recorded on the same channel consecutively in jtv format would not have correct duration and starting position when played on client computers.
3. Fixed: Some television recordings recorded on the same channel consecutively in jtv format would take an extremely long time to start on client computers.
4. Changed: R128 volume leveling will use the average album gain instead of the gain of the loudest track for a more consistent volume level (with an additional peak clipping check).
5. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
6. Fixed: Importing .mts files in a AVCHD folder structure did not work.
7. Changed: Auto-Import "Fix broken links" is smarter when tracking renamed and moved files.
8. Fixed: The Import dialog could hang on close on systems with a lot of drives and media locations.
9. Fixed: The Convert Format tool was not working with SACD audio files.
10. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
11. Fixed: 4 Channel Quadraphonic output over WASAPI was not working on some audio devices.
12. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.61 (a lot of fixes for DXVA2 hardware acceleration).
13. Changed: Hardware accelerated decoding on Intel iGPU's uses DXVA2 decoding instead of the QuickSync decoder when possible.
14. Changed: DTS-HD audio tracks are identified as DTS-HD in the Compression field.

19.0.119 (2/26/2014)

1. Changed: The MimeType for MK3D files should be "video/x-matroska-3d".
2. Fixed: If we missed an event from a DLNA device we would never do a real status call to figure out the play state.
3. Fixed: In rare cases, the display settings changer allowed changing to a mode which is not supported by the monitor.
4. Fixed: Importing a playlist which updated tags on existing files cleared the thumbnails of the modified files.
5. Fixed: The MCWS/v1/Browse/Image function always returns a high-resolution image, if requested.
6. Fixed: Playing from a Library Server with video conversion active could cause the video to get stuck at end of file.
7. Fixed: Playing a new track while paused will no longer trigger a fade, which caused the old file to be played briefly again.
8. Fixed: URL parsing did not properly handle the case of multiple escape sequences in a row (ie. %25%20).
9. Changed: In addition to "movie" and "movies", keywords "film", "films", as well as their corresponding translated versions are used to determine whether a television program is a movie.
10. Changed: Both "Quality" and "Strength" are included in OSD display of "Signal" for television playback.

19.0.118 (2/18/2014)

1. Changed: In television signal OSD, "Strength" is renamed to "Quality" because that is what it actually is.
2. Fixed: Theater View Skins with a video background could cause Theater View to hang or crash.
3. Changed: Added the "mk3d" file association for MKV files with 3D content.
4. Fixed: Video conversion and streaming of WMV files was not working properly.
5. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
6. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
7. Fixed: Converting a compound audio file (WAV/ISO + CUE) with "Replace original file" set would delete the original file after the first track finished, and fail converting all other tracks.
8. Fixed: Using a "|" character in an expression in the "Customize Display" dialog in Standard View caused the expression to be cut-off.
9. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
10. Fixed: MC would not wake up to do television recordings if the computer was put to sleep through Theater view's "System Sleep, Shutdown, & More..." menu.
11. Changed: Added a frequency entry in the satellite frequency table for 28.2° East satellite, and modified a few existing entries.
12. Changed: Hardware Accelerated Decoding for TV should now behave similar to file playback.

19.0.117 (2/14/2014)

1. Fixed: The Display Settings changer didn't properly set 24 or 60 Hz resolutions on Windows 8 or 8.1, always resulting in 23 or 59 Hz instead.
2. Changed: The Custom Display Settings changer configuration lists the available modes in a hierarchical fashion instead of a long list, for easier access.
3. Fixed: In television Guide in Theater view, moving down the guide grid from the last row would wrap over to the second row instead of the first row.
4. Fixed: Punctuation or Numbers could draw in the wrong position in Right-to-Left scripts like Hebrew or Arabic.
5. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
6. Changed: When scheduling television recordings, the conflict warning message will include name, channel, and start time of the conflicting programs.
7. Fixed: Interface Plug-ins were broken in 19.0.116 and could cause MC to crash.

19.0.116 (2/12/2014)

1. NEW: MC supports importing videos with XBMC metadata contained in .nfo files.
2. Changed: Video playback option "Enable Automatic Display Settings changing" is changed to a drop list of three selectable modes: Off, On, and Custom.  Custom corresponds to the old "checkbox checked" mode, On is a new automatic mode.
3. Changed: Added a "sorting mode" combo box on television channel-to-xmltv match window, to make it easier to do manual match.
4. Changed: Disabled DXVA2 Native Hardware Acceleration in Red October HQ due to stability issues (affects mostly AMD users).
5. Changed: Media subtype of television recordings will be set to "Movie" or "TV Show" according to the info available in guide data.
6. Fixed: The MCWS/v1/File/SetInfo function did not properly handle double quotes in string values when using the List=CSV mode.
7. Changed: Pressing the "i" button on an MC remote control while a television channel is showing will cause the OSD to cycle through three modes: position bar, current/next program title, and program description (provided that the OSD menu is not showing at the time).

19.0.115 (2/6/2014)

1. Changed: Revised how DirectShow handles Stop/Play to increase stability when skipping to the next file.
2. Changed: The Subtitles -> Browse... option is always available, not only when subtitles are already present.
3. Changed: DLNA Mimetypes for dff,dsf,sacd for compatibility with Oppo (and others hopefully).
4. Fixed: SACD ISOs were always detected with external changes and their metadata re-imported during auto-import, overwriting any changes in the library.
5. NEW: Added support for Hauppauge HD PVR 2 for video capture.

19.0.114 (2/3/2014)

1. Fixed: HLS segments could incorrectly start on a non-key frame, causing playback breakups on some devices.
2. Fixed: Seeking in a HLS stream could result in playing from a wrong position.
3. NEW: Added new TVInfo() expressions IsTVChannel and ChannelProgramNow.

19.0.113 (1/31/2014)

1. NEW: Support for streaming video to Gizmo using HTTP Live Streaming.
2. Changed: GoPro Cineform decoder added to Custom video mode whitelist.
3. Fixed: Scanning for STB television channels did not work because the analog device channels list was not properly populated.
4. Fixed: When recording ATSC television shows in TS format data for multiple channels in the same transport could be erroneously saved, resulting in multiple videos in the same file, which sometimes could confuse video players.

Testing build not released to the public.

19.0.111 (1/29/2014)

1. Fixed: When playing a video file, pressing down arrow did not show Playing Now OSD.
2. Changed: XML-based Office documents are imported as Data Files, in addition to the "classic" Office documents.
3. Fixed: Added list member null checking to file stacks code.  MC was crashing on running stack error checking.
4. NEW: In television playback, while OSD is showing program names under "Programs", pressing the "info" (or "i") button on the  remote causes MC to display the description of the current program.
5. Fixed: MC could crash when using Hardware Accelerated video decoding with Red October HQ on some systems.

19.0.110 (1/25/2014)

1. Changed: When recording a television show in TS format, MC will use buffering to reduce the number of IO hits.  This should fix the video quality issue in television shows recorded in TS format.
2. Fixed: Subtitles were always shown in the last few builds, even if configured not to.
3. Fixed: Subtitle stream names in the Theater View OSD were not always properly shortened.

19.0.109 (1/23/2014)

1. Fixed: Playback of AIFF files with unknown 'chunk' types over library server would fail to play.
2. Changed: The television channels lists in "Group Channels" and "Edit Channel List" tools can now be sorted by clicking the Channels list header.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
4. Changed: MC will try to determine the television tuner type (ATSC, DVB-T/S/C) by scanning the device name for keywords if the user has not configured the type.  This will not work for all devices.
5. Fixed: Transcoding Video to specific dimensions could crash.
6. Fixed: H264 Video Transcoding profiles could exceed their intended bitrate targets.

19.0.108 (1/17/2014)

1. Fixed: Potential crashes in BufferingInternetReader. Seen on Mac when playing high-def files with memory playback on Library Server clients.
2. NEW: Option to add channel number in front of channel name when scanning for television channels.  The default is to add.  This only affects DVB channels as most other types of channels already add a number in the name (now it is optional for all channel types).
3. Changed: DXVA2 Hardware Accelerated video decoding is used in RO HQ when no other acceleration options are available (on AMD graphics cards and older Intel graphics chips).
4. Fixed: Loading images for Theater View Media Slideshow from Google was broken since October, due to a change in Google's website.
5. NEW: Television channels in standard view can be sorted.  Click the channel list header repeatedly to sort by different parameters (by Name as is, by Name disregarding the number in front, by Channel Number, by channel type).

19.0.107 (1/15/2014)

1. Fixed: MP4 files would hang when played on a Library Server Client without direct file access.
2. Fixed: MC behaved badly when user dismissed the popup window that told the user that MC was currently recording a different television channel than what the user wanted to watch.
3. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.60.1 (primarily fixes for playback issues of a few Blu-ray discs, and decoding improvements for DTS audio)
4. Fixed: Seeking in videos streamed from a library server with video conversion active did not work.
5. Fixed: Album Cover Art was mistakenly only applied to the first file of an album in the last couple builds.

DoubtingThomas

Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.120 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 10:43:40 am »

Changed: R128 volume leveling will use the average album gain instead of the gain of the loudest track for a more consistent volume level (with an additional peak clipping check).

Thanks, I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 10:45:44 am »

6. Fixed: Playing from a Library Server with video conversion active could cause the video to get stuck at end of file.

This isn't entirely fixed. Although it will now eventually stop playback at the end of the file (or move onto the next) it still sounds like a stuck CD for a few seconds
(I am guessing this is when there is audio present in the last frame, for example if the file has been badly edited and cut off at the end)

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 12:10:55 pm »

Thanks, a lot of good fixes in this release from the look of it.

I'm not seeing DTS-HD being listed correctly in the Compression field, and some tracks (mostly TrueHD) are listed as being "unknown".

Edit: And 2xDSD files output using 1x DSD Encoding are still very distorted.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 03:44:22 pm »

You need to run update library from tags to fix the compression field.

There is another fix for a few more codecs coming soon as well (LPCM and EAC3 mostly)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 01:40:54 am »

The "direct connection" in the dialog should indicate that its bit perfect (ie. only volume changes), I wonder what happened to the blue icon.
Edit: Seems its slow to react. Mine took a moment to turn blue. Weird.

Also check DSP Studio that no additional effects are turned on. I had Tempo/Pitch turned on, and even though all the options inside tempo/pitch where at 0.0 and not modifying the audio, it simply being on seems to also have affected the blue icon. ;)
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

HiFiTubes

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 01:59:37 am »

7. Changed: Auto-Import "Fix broken links" is smarter when tracking renamed and moved files.

After update I had 4,000 files in my library. Before Restart I had 328K.

I restored my library from 2 days ago and everything is there. Auto-import is off.

All thumbs are now needing to be rebuilt.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 02:42:49 am »

Edit: And 2xDSD files output using 1x DSD Encoding are still very distorted.

You wouldn't know how to test that without a DSD DAC, would you? :p
Does the same thing happen when you use the Convert Format tool to encode it to DSD?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2014, 04:24:36 am »

You wouldn't know how to test that without a DSD DAC, would you? :p
Does the same thing happen when you use the Convert Format tool to encode it to DSD?
If I convert it to DSD, it has the same distortion, even when played back as PCM.
If I convert it to a PCM format, it plays correctly.

Thanks a lot for getting the 4.0 working.  I can now play my playlists without having to exclude them.

I seem to have lost the "Direct" (Blue DSP Icon) indicator though.  It no longer lights up no matter what I am playing and the DSP specifications are the same as they were before when it was lit.
Normalization is in the adaptive mode rather than fixed mode in your screenshots. Are you using Play Doctor?

You need to disable either Volume Leveling or Adaptive Volume.
If you leave Volume Leveling enabled, tracks will be leveled to -23 LU on a track-by-track basis.
If you leave Adaptive Volume enabled, tracks will use peak level normalization on a per-track basis.

This is working as intended, but the description does not make this clear.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 04:47:58 am »

This isn't entirely fixed. Although it will now eventually stop playback at the end of the file (or move onto the next) it still sounds like a stuck CD for a few seconds
(I am guessing this is when there is audio present in the last frame, for example if the file has been badly edited and cut off at the end)

I'll keep this on my list, might not get immediate attention however, as a "perfect" solution to the issue would require quite a few invasive changes.
Sorry about the inconvenience this may cause.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 05:27:52 am »

~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Matias

• World Citizen
  • Digital Audio
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 08:41:32 am »

Thanks.

Fixed: SACD ISOs were always detected with external changes and their metadata re-imported during auto-import, overwriting any changes in the library.
1. Sonore ultraRendu - UpTone ISO Regen - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NC800 SL PRO - Thiel CS3.7
2. LG 65UM7470PSA - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NCore MP mch - Monitor Audio Platinum PL100+PLC150 - SVS SB-3000
3. RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP
4. TempoTec Sonata E44 - Audeze LCDi3
5. Meizu HiFi DAC - Moondrop Blessing2 Dusk

Micromecca

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 09:50:59 am »

I'll keep this on my list, might not get immediate attention however, as a "perfect" solution to the issue would require quite a few invasive changes.
Sorry about the inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks Hendrik, it's not the end of the world but can be very annoying if I have the volume pretty loud  ;D

oldzorki

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 02:21:43 pm »

9. Fixed: The Convert Format tool was not working with SACD audio files.
Verified, thank you.

tianfeng

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2014, 08:29:19 am »

I seem to have lost use of my media center remote in theater mode with this update.  I am using a harmony 700 and a usb IR receiver from a MCE remote.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 11:25:02 am »

I seem to have lost use of my media center remote in theater mode with this update.  I am using a harmony 700 and a usb IR receiver from a MCE remote.
Try rebooting.  Check the batteries.  Start a new thread if you need help.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 09:07:29 am »

After editing tags and using 'Rename File from Properties' to move files into my library folders, MC gives an error message that it was unable to save the file tags.

1) The files are NOT read-only in Windows7 (I manually unchecked the Read-Only box on the folder properties in Windows before tagging and renaming/moving the files)

2) When checking in a third-party program the file tags DO in fact reflect the proper tags indicating to me that MC did actually manage to save the tags in spite of reporting otherwise.

3) When checking within MC the file tags DO in fact reflect the proper tags indicating to me that MC did actually manage to save the tags in spite of reporting otherwise.

4) this has only begun happening in the last two builds and had not been happening prior.

5) No system changes were made that would effect this

6) the files in question are of the same format and in the same location as previous files in prior builds where MC did not generate this error.

Conclusion - MC is throwing an erroneous error message.
. . . the game is rigged

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 01:16:19 pm »

Something is confusing about your procedure and conclusions.

You are renaming files, yet looking for file tags (instead of the newly renamed files).

You are using the Read-Only checkbox assuming that is useful or sufficient.  On NTFS, you should ignore that checkbox and examine Windows file permissions (renaming a file inside a directory has different permissions than writing to a file, for example).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 02:43:59 pm »

I have full permission, I only unchecked the read-only box to insure that it was not the issue.

The renamed files are in fact where they were 'sent' in the renaming process, with the proper naming of the files.

The tags do reflect the changes I made before renaming from those tag fields, so MC did actually change them in spite of the error message to the contrary.

Nothing has been changed in my system that would have removed my permissions.

I always handled my files the same as I am now and never had this issue prior to the last build and this build.
. . . the game is rigged

stewart_pk

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2014, 08:39:12 pm »

SHOUTCAST still not working in Theater View as has been the case for a few builds.

sKiZo

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2014, 09:14:05 pm »

Didn't see it on the list, but v120 also corrected a problem I was having with MKV playback. Here's a link to the discussion. Possibly helpful if anyone else is having similar issues.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87992.0

Pages: [1]   Go Up