INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: remove local folder.jpg from JRiver directorie, redownload to alt location.  (Read 1422 times)

arthur071169

• Recent member

Hi all,
I have run JriverMC19 and it has successfully downloaded folder.jpg artwork and stored it in the default JRiver folder structure.
What I wish to do is now...

A) Rescan my music folders (on a separate drive).
B) *ONLY* where there is no folder.jpg, download it from the web and store each instance in the folder with the tracks (my directory structure is Letter/Artist/Album/Tracks).
C) I wish to set to default downloading of the largest image version available, and not have to do this on an album by album basis manually.
D) remove the old folder.jpg artwork from the internal MC directory structure.

Can anyone assist, as changing the directory option via options and re-importing does not seem to make MC attempt to rescan.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.
Arthur.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You might benefit by reading the wiki topic on cover art, and some of the other posts on this subject.  Search will help both places.

You may wish to set the option to store art in the tags (in the music files).  Options has a search window at the bottom.

If you do an album at a time, you can select the art you want. 

arthur071169

• Recent member

Thanks.
I actually did read the wiki, but after having specified the intended location for the (already downloaded to the local MC default location for cover art) and telling it *this time* to go to the same location as the music files it does not think it needs to download any cover art any more.
Do I need to delete the covers folder firstly, and then tell it to reimport media to get it to start retrieving artwork again?

You might benefit by reading the wiki topic on cover art, and some of the other posts on this subject.  Search will help both places.

You may wish to set the option to store art in the tags (in the music files).  Options has a search window at the bottom.

If you do an album at a time, you can select the art you want. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Select a file, right click, choose Cover Art.  Get from Internet will find cover art.

arthur071169

• Recent member

Thanks JimH, but I have over 10,000 folder.jpg's to *re* retrieve and get into the albums location, and not the default MC folder structure.

:(

Vincent Kars

Have a look at the image file tag, it tells you if there is a folder.jpg or not.

Change: Tools > Options > File Location > Cover Art to the location you want (In the same folder as the file)

Then select all your albums and use: Tools > Cover Art > Save cover art to external location specified in options.

You should be able to delete all the art stored in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 19\Cover Art\ after that has completed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up