INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSD on-the-fly conversion to a sotm DLNA renderer  (Read 2860 times)

billfort

• Recent member
DSD on-the-fly conversion to a sotm DLNA renderer
« on: March 25, 2014, 02:57:17 am »

I am trying a Sotm sms-100 Sonicorbiter as a DLNA renderer to stream audio to a Resonessence Concero HD dac. After struggling, I was able to get it to work with a lot of help from Sonore (much appreciated!) and it does stream PCM & DSD64.

My question; can JRiver be configured to output all audio formats as DSD128 DoP - converted on the fly - to this DLNA renderer? I had been using the Concero HD in this manner when connected direct to a laptop and liked the results. I have been told it can be done with other products but really like JRiver and would like to stick with it.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DSD on-the-fly conversion to a sotm DLNA renderer
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 06:55:12 am »

Explore the DLNA options under Media Network / Advanced. 

billfort

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 06:12:36 am »

Thanks Jim but I'm not seeing the same options there to do this as detailed here - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82074.0.

I'm probably missing something and will keep looking.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 07:14:50 am »

Make sure you have the most recent build of MC19.   It's at the top of the MC19 board.

billfort

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 06:30:49 am »

I am using the latest build of MC19 and still don't see any provision in the DLNA renderer settings to convert all content on playing to DSD128. If it's not capable of doing this cool - it works and sounds great streaming bit-perfect - but I wanted to make sure it's not just me missing something in set-up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up