INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ROHQ Deinterlacing - AMD HD 6950  (Read 1898 times)

User99

ROHQ Deinterlacing - AMD HD 6950
« on: April 10, 2014, 07:30:42 pm »

I just updated my system with an AMD HD 6950 GPU to 19.0.127 and am still experiencing combing (interlacing effect) when playing interlaced movies using the ROHQ setting.  This issue doesn't occur on my system with an Nvidia GTX 770.  Is there a way to get clean 1080i playback using ROHQ and my AMD GPU, or can this only be achieved with an Nvidia GPU?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: ROHQ Deinterlacing - AMD HD 6950
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 01:04:22 am »

I don't own a AMD card myself but I have not heard this wouldn't work on AMD cards before. I think it should work fine.

Can you follow these steps, make sure its configured properly?
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Madvr_expert_guide

In particular, pay attention to the #Deinterlacing part. Also, with a hotkey you can toggle deinterlacing to enabled/disabled.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 03:10:42 am »

Can you open the madVR stats during playback? It should tell you whether its deinterlacing or not.

With the stats open, use the configured hotkey for enabling/disabling the deinterlacer.

I can't help you with the LAV filter settings, but I'm sure Hendrik will jump in soon :D.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 01:42:25 pm »

What does the madVR statistics display?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 02:29:10 pm »

If you turn OFF the deinterlacer, you'll of course get combing, because nothing is deinterlacing the video anymore.
Also, the deinterlacing quality can be configured in the AMD Catalyst control panel, make sure its not badly configured there.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 02:31:28 pm »

I think he was trying to say that there's no difference whether its on or off  ;).

Maybe for some reason its not turning on, I think the only way to verify is looking at the madVR statistics screen?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 04:18:39 pm »

If madVR claims that its actually deinterlacing in the madVR OSD, then there isn't really anything that can be wrong in the configuration.
Or does MPC not show the same interlacing status in the OSD?

And no, you cannot change the settings. You can install a separate version and tell MC to use that if you want to control the settings, but it pretty much uses default settings - which work for most people.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mykillk

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 12:21:53 am »

I had a problem watching an interlaced video just a few days ago (on an nVidia card no less). No software deinterlacing of any sort seemed to work.

The only thing that got it to play correctly was to switch to hardware accelerated decoding, where the GPU handles the deinterlacing.

As for how to adjust the LAV filter settings, unfortunately you can't "out of the box" because MC19 doesn't let you get into the settings. You'll have to download LAV separately, and then create a custom filter chain (using ROHQ as the base) that has the external LAV filter included. Then you can get into the LAV Video settings and enabled hardware accelerated decoding. It sounds complicated but it's not really that difficult actually. It's worth a try, because with just a couple clicks in MC19 you can revert back to regular ROHQ or RO.

It's a hassle for the more advanced users to not have access to the LAV settings, but it's understandable given that a curious but less advanced user could easily bork their LAV settings and make everything unplayable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up