INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Loud click sound at track end. How do I fix  (Read 4820 times)

hifi1959

• Recent member
Loud click sound at track end. How do I fix
« on: April 12, 2014, 08:11:59 am »

I am running Mac Mini / JRiver USB / Mytek.

At end of track playing there is a loud click sound through speakers.  This was not happening when I was using FireWire connection.  what I changed was USB to take advantage of 2XDSD playback.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance.
Mac Mini / JRiver / Mytek DSD 192

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Loud click sound at track end. How do I fix
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 09:52:57 am »

I know they have a number of Mytek DACs for testing at JRiver, so this should be possible to get sorted if it isn't a hardware issue.

Try enabling the Play silence at startup for hardware sync option under:
Tools > Options > Audio > Settings

If that doesn't help, please provide additional detail about the settings used in that same area.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

hifi1959

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 12:57:40 pm »

I know they have a number of Mytek DACs for testing at JRiver, so this should be possible to get sorted if it isn't a hardware issue.

Try enabling the Play silence at startup for hardware sync option under:
Tools > Options > Audio > Settings

If that doesn't help, please provide additional detail about the settings used in that same area.

I will try that this evening.

Here is what I have done . . . .

What I started with was JRiver/FireWire/Mytek.  All good and living happily ever after.   Yesterday I downloaded the required USB Driver for MyTek and installed.  Changed cables out.  Reconfigure JR player to see Mytek USB (core audio), changed output to USB in Mytek menu.  I now am listening to 2XDSD on all files and I LIKE. 

The best detail I can give regarding issue is when a track ends I get a loud click in speakers at song end.  It appears to comes as soon as the JRiver/USB/Mytek quit communicating.  Click . . .  Mytek screen changes from Sads to 176.  It is as if JRiver and Mytek are done with the job and they disconnect or the Mytek quits seeing an input (Sads) and defults to 176 (whatever that is).

BTW . . . . Thanks for jumping in to help.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 01:50:04 pm »

Some DACs just do that (make an audible pop or click when they switch formats).  I don't know if that is the case here, but since JRiver has Mytek DACs for testing, someone should be able to tell you.  I don't, so I can't.

Which specific model of DAC, and specific driver version, do you have?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

hifi1959

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 08:26:51 am »

Some DACs just do that (make an audible pop or click when they switch formats). 

Which specific model of DAC, and specific driver version, do you have?
Mytek Stereo 192 DSD and most current USB driver available from Myteks website.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 06:20:48 pm »

Are you running 19.0.124?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88609.0

Did you try another USB port?

MC has an option to play a little silence at the beginning.

Did you try a different track transition?

hifi1959

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 08:56:39 pm »

Are you running 19.0.124?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=88609.0

Did you try another USB port?

MC has an option to play a little silence at the beginning.

Did you try a different track transition?
I do have 19.0.124.

I have tried different track transitions.  Not an issue if I jump to a next track or if I am playing a whole album.  Click happens after I let the original track/album stop.

The silence adjustment for beginning a track is to allow hardware to engage. My problem is when hardware disengages.

My noise is when hardware disengages at track end.  This is when Mytek stops seeing a 2XDSD stream.  When I turn 2XDSD upsampling OFF in JRiver I do not have the click sound at track end.

I have not tried alternate USB port.

Thank for jumping in to help me!!!!

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 09:29:36 am »

I'm going out on a limb here ... I'm not entirely sure how it works but I remember I read something somewhere some time ago ... ::)

Can you take a look at how your track change is configured (Tools, Options, Audio)? Switch track gapped, etc?

I think (see 1st sentence) if gapped is set to 0.6s or longer, MC closes and reopens the audio device. Try setting it to gapless or crossfade and see how that works. If its already set that way, try setting it to gapped 1s.

Its not a solution but if that works it might help trace down the problem.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 04:09:16 pm »

Look at the top left hand corner of the pic from the OEM website:

There's a signal relay switch. So, you two may be on the right path.

Also, I found a similar comment here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/622248/mytek-stereo-192-dsd-dac-preamp-amplifier-review-appreciation-thread/135#post_9837457

I'd expect that the issue is hardware and not with MC. Direct contact with Mytek could possibly bear sweeter fruit.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

jaredean

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 06:34:57 pm »

I've been having the same exact issue.  At first i thought it was the rip, but after multiple rips and tests on different computers I realized it was JRiver that was having the issue.  I had full albums with the problem on multiple tracks, so it wasn't switching formats (all FLAC 16/44)...So, i completely uninstalled MC and reinstalled and it worked great...for a few days and now the clicks are back...

I have a MBP Late 2013 with an Audioengine D1 DAC...

jared

jaredean

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 06:39:29 pm »

I've been having the same exact issue.  At first i thought it was the rip, but after multiple rips and tests on different computers I realized it was JRiver that was having the issue.  I had full albums with the problem on multiple tracks, so it wasn't switching formats (all FLAC 16/44)...So, i completely uninstalled MC and reinstalled and it worked great...for a few days and now the clicks are back...

I have a MBP Late 2013 with an Audioengine D1 DAC...

jared

Here is the thread from DBPowerAmp explaining my issue a bit better and the response pointing to JRiver: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?33901-clicks-and-burst-of-white-noise-at-end-of-rips&highlight=jaredean

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 07:27:01 am »

If you haven't tried this, please do:

I'm going out on a limb here ... I'm not entirely sure how it works but I remember I read something somewhere some time ago ... ::)

Can you take a look at how your track change is configured (Tools, Options, Audio)? Switch track gapped, etc?

I think (see 1st sentence) if gapped is set to 0.6s or longer, MC closes and reopens the audio device. Try setting it to gapless or crossfade and see how that works. If its already set that way, try setting it to gapped 1s.

Its not a solution but if that works it might help trace down the problem.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 07:28:27 am »

Also, try playing to a different device.

groovyd

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 03:30:56 pm »

unrelated most likely but one thing I have noticed is when I stop playing a track about 2 or 3 seconds later the 2 dancing EQ displays at the top of the window which had fallen flat upon hitting 'stop' or 'pause' animate a burst of energy that thankfully isn't also being output to my amp otherwise it might cause a blaaaam.  Looks like a bug in the display routine.

jaredean

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 05:02:06 pm »

If you haven't tried this, please do:

This doesn't match my situation because it is on consecutive tracks on the same album, which i have set to gapless...i did change all tracks to gapless to see if for some reason that did it, but not sure it will...

TRS38

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 03:07:27 am »

Hi from France

hifi1959, do you have an issue for this problem?
I have exactly the same???

Regards

Jacques

Pages: [1]   Go Up