INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tiny MC19 Computer  (Read 2524 times)

keephowlin

• Recent member
Tiny MC19 Computer
« on: April 21, 2014, 06:27:50 pm »

Hello,

My use-case is that I have a Synology NAS with a library of FLAC, Hi-Res FLAC and DSD (DSF/DFF) files that I need to stream unconverted to an Oppo 105 Modwright and control via Android Phone/Tablet.  I have successfully done all this (with help from this forum!) by loading MC19 on my energy-pig Windows computer.  I'd like to downsize the MC19 computer to a small, energy efficient unit that effectively can be left on.

I would rather not have to have a keyboard, mouse and monitor for this (if possible), but rather to connect remotely to it for any maintenance, etc.  I'm really not a linux guy, so a linux solution would either need to be pre-built or have a step-by-step guide.  My use case is music-only, but requires the DSD streaming.  Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Rob

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tiny MC19 Computer
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 07:58:45 am »

MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

keephowlin

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 08:58:37 am »

It might, but I might consider paying a little more for something that is already established and perhaps a little overbuilt.  At the moment, I'm considering the NUC with the i5, adding 8gb of ram and an mSATA SSD.  That's about $500 in hardware, that could be shrunk with an i3, less RAM, and lower end storage.  I do have an extra copy of Windows 8, if need be, or could do a flavor of Linux with help...  At the root of it, all this thing will be doing is what I would do on my Synology if MC could run natively on it, or if the Synology media server was more robust and supported streaming dsd. As it is, I'm really starting to appreciate how excellent the MC software is...

Rob

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 09:15:12 am »

We're a month or so away from releasing this:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87884.0

It's running now and can update itself.  I've been using it at home for the last two weeks.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 03:45:15 pm »

The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 04:22:56 pm »

Thanks.  Fixed now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up