INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copy TV Recording Rule  (Read 1134 times)

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Copy TV Recording Rule
« on: April 23, 2014, 04:35:58 pm »

I've done a quick search on Interact and can't find if there's a way to copy a TV Recording Rule.

How would a user do this?

I had a situation today where the programme series I'm interested in was rescheduled to another day / time as a one off. So the specific tags that I'd configured as part of the recording job had to be added again.

I know I could have changed the day and then changed it back afterwards but that's prone to error if the user forgets to reinstate the original time/date.

Thoughts? Or is this one for the new feature list?
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

astromo

• MC Beta Team
Re: Copy TV Recording Rule
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 04:56:29 pm »

As a post-script, this query relates to this previous thread, TV Recording - Setting Default Tags, that I had a hand in.

Being able to set up a template or do so by copying a recording rule and then editing out specific data are all related and could be worked to achieve a number of parallel purposes.

Given the flexibility of the expression language used for smartlists and the ability to customise views, this option seems tantalisingly close to being real. There may well be a significant hurdle that I don't understand due to ignorance. Being clued to what the issues are would help in the meantime.

;)
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 06:20:22 pm »

Sorry, there is currently no easy way of achieving that.

If I understand you correctly, it is the additional tagging part that is important because that is the part that requires more manual editing.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 07:10:06 am »

Yep.. you got it.

Thanks for the response.
Pages: [1]   Go Up