INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 19.0.131 -- Available Here  (Read 11541 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 19.0.131 -- Available Here
« on: April 28, 2014, 01:15:33 pm »

This is the latest version of MC19.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v19/latest/MediaCenter190131.exe

19.0.131 (4/25/2014)

1. Changed: Updated satellite tuning parameter file for 28.2°E satellite (Astra 2F) to include the new transponder position for ITV HD in the United Kingdom.
2. Changed: Improved error resilience of SACD DST parsing.
3. Fixed: The Installer did not properly install TV related functionality in the last couple builds.
4. Fixed: The new MCWS function Television/GetRecordingSchedule did not return intended information.

19.0.130 (4/23/2014)

1. Changed: When the user switches from Display View to Theater view to browse TV guide grid, the currently playing show will remain in a small window even if the user selects a different program in the grid.
2. Changed: Minor corrections in Chinese language files.
3. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
4. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Television/GetRecordingSchedule, to return a list of scheduled television recordings for the next specified number of hours.
5. Fixed: ReplayGain tags were not properly written to MP3 files during audio conversion.
6. Fixed: WASAPI notifications were not properly unregistered, which may have caused playback failure with some audio devices.
7. Fixed: SHOUTcast in Theater View was broken since early 2014 due to the service changing.
8. Changed: Removed categories from the Theater View YouTube plugin which all showed the same content.

19.0.129 (4/17/2014)

1. Fixed: WTV files always showed "unknown codec" in the Compression field.
2. Fixed: Some WTV/DVR-MS files did not play audio on some systems since 19.0.123.
3. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.61.2-1.
4. Fixed: Scanning for TV channels could cause MC to crash if remote control feature was off.
5. SDK: The MCWS web service responses set a CORS "Access-Control-Allow-Origin" header.
6. Fixed: Reading ID3v2 text tags with NULL padding could cause a semicolon to be added to the tag.

19.0.128 (4/12/2014)

1. Fixed: Loading images from Google for Theater View Media Slideshow was broken as of beginning of April, due to a change in Google's website.
2. Changed: Added more logging to TV channel scan wizard.
3. Fixed: When playing live TV on clients using tuners on a server, the Playing Now OSD did not show channel and program info.
4. Fixed: Certain WMV files did not reliably pass audio analysis.
5. Changed: MC's behavior when the 'i' button on remote control is pressed in Display View is now uniform across all playback types.  The OSD will cycle through "Position" (if available), "Playing Now" (or "Programs"), and "Description" (if any - for live TV the description of currently playing program, for other files the Description tag field).  Pressing 'i' while "Description" is showing turns off OSD.

19.0.127 (4/9/2014)

1. Fixed: Improved handling of files with format changes during audio analysis.
2. Fixed: Video files without an audio track are handled more gracefully by the audio analysis.
3. NEW: Added new AudioAnalysisState() expression to determine the state of audio analysis of the library files.
4. Fixed: Television recording (Record Current Hour, Record Current Two hours, etc.) did not work for auxiliary input channels on video capture devices such as Hauppauge HDPVR.
5. Fixed: Theater View could crash in a rare case when displaying themed background images.
6. Fixed: Reading of the Ratings tag from WMA files did not work.
7. Changed: Updated Japanese language file (thanks Tsuchiya Kazuo).
8. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
9. Fixed: The Tag Action Window always showed "audio not analyzed" in the Format field for audio files, even if analyzed.
10. Changed: Added more logging in television channel scan wizard.
11. NEW: The "Edit Channels List" tool in television configuration allows manual ordering of channels (with "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons).  Channel sorting is automatically saved and applied in all TV channel lists as default sorting, including the Guide in Theater view.
12. Fixed: TV channels that are non-top group members could appear in the list of channels on "Edit Channels List" window multiple times.
13. Changed: Red October updated to LAV Filters 0.61.2.

19.0.126 (4/7/2014)

1. Fixed: JRSS downmix to mono erroneously adjusted the gain of the LFE in 19.0.125.
2. Fixed: Retrieving Cover Art over MCWS could crash under some special circumstances.
3. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR version 0.87.9.
4. Fixed: Using the Windows key to get back to the desktop from Theater View did not work since 19.0.123.
5. Fixed: Wrong wizard page would appear during digital television channel (ATSC, DVB, and QAM) scanning if mc2xml option had been used in previous EPG scans.

19.0.125 (4/3/2014)

1. Fixed: When user presses Left or Right arrow in television guide in Theater view, super long (24 hours for example) programs could not be selected (and the selection would stay at the adjacent program on the same row).
2. Fixed: JRSS downmixing could result in audio clipping due to the Peak Levels change in 19.0.122, which has been reverted.
3. Fixed: JRSS did not use energy neutral downmixing for the LFE channel.
4. Fixed: MC did not properly fallback to thumbnails if the full resolution artwork was not found (in Theater View et al.).
5. Fixed: When recording consecutive television shows on the same channel, the second recording might not be completed as the system might go to sleep.
6. Changed: JRSS pseudo surround detection (2 channel in multi-channel container) supports detecting 2 channel in 7.1 container as well.
7. Fixed: WASAPI exclusive mode was not working with 5.1 audio on some audio devices which expect the old 5.1 channel arrangement.
8. Changed: Updated Korean language file (thanks Junghwan).
9. SDK: Added MCWS/v1/Configuration/Audio/ListDevices, SetDevice, GetDevice commands to control the active output device.
10. Fixed: COM interface leak when handling certain analog video capture devices with hardware-encoding (Colossus, HDPVR, etc.).
11. Fixed: Multiple Hauppauge Colossus video capture devices could not run simultaneously.
12. Changed: Added DVB-T frequency table for Taiwan.

19.0.124 (3/25/2014)

1. Fixed: SRT/Text subtitles inside MKV video files did not honor their duration.
2. Fixed: MC could crash in Theater View when "Start from beginning" is used to clear a bookmark and a zone switch occurs.
3. Fixed: Recording television shows in TS format resulted in high CPU usage since build 19.0.110.
4. Changed: MC will remember the last valid IP for an Access Key, in case the Access Key WebService is unreachable.
5. Changed: Re-worded the message after running "Update Library (from tags)" to clarify that it counts all processed files, not only files with actual changes.
6. Fixed: The screensaver could not be disabled by key-presses in Theater View in 19.0.123.
7. Changed: MC allows network connectivity to be restored before attempting to sync to a library server after returning from standby.
8. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
9. Fixed: When user presses up or down arrow in television guide in Theater view, super long (12 hours or 24 hours for example) programs would be skipped over.

robydago

Re: JRiver Media Center 19.0.131 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 02:09:41 pm »

http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/Configuration/Audio/ListDevices

all my WASAPI "devices" are not listed, even if they are available and usable via the MC GUI.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 02:16:57 pm »

The function shows the same list of devices as the MC GUI for me, including the WASAPI devices.
In fact under the hood its powered by the same code, so stupid question... are you sure? :) The layout of the text is a bit different, the plugin name (ie. "WASAPI") is not part of the device name, but contained in an individual element in the response.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

robydago

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 02:51:47 pm »

I have 13 devices in the MC GUI and 10 listed via MCWS: the ones missing are the 3 WASAPI

-EDIT- I'm assuming are the WASAPI becausse all other types of devices are identifiable in the he MCWS DevicePlugin[X] description

robydago

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 03:33:27 pm »

I have 13 devices in the MC GUI and 10 listed via MCWS: the ones missing are the 3 WASAPI

-EDIT- I'm assuming are the WASAPI becausse all other types of devices are identifiable in the he MCWS DevicePlugin[X] description

-EDIT2- so... stupid question :-) maybe MCWS ListDevices function can list max 10 devices?

robydago

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 04:12:57 pm »

the missing wasapi devices issue seems related to having MC media server starting at windows startup.
if once i'm logged in i close it and run MC again, the MCWS ListDevices function list all 13 devices, including the WASAPI ones.
maybe when MC is started it enumerates all devices but when it is set to start at windows startup MC starts before the WASAPI devices are available in Windows? (I have Win8.1 pro)

edit -- actually the windows startup setting doesn't seem to matter: the wasapi devices are sometimes listed in MCWS ListDevices when I do something in the MC GUI but i'm still trying to figure out what and also why in subsequent calls to the MCWS ListDevices function the WASAPI devices disappear anyway, even without doing\changing anything in the MC GUI

Output with WASAPI

<Response Status="OK">
<Item Name="NumberDevices">13</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName0">Default Audio Device</Item>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin0">Direct Sound</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName1">ASUS U7</Item>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin1">ASIO</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName2">Hi-Fi Cable Input (VB-Audio Hi-Fi Cable)</Item>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin2">WASAPI</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName3">SPDIF Out (Xonar U7)</Item>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin3">WASAPI</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName4">Xonar U7</Item>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin4">WASAPI</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName5">SpdifOut</Item>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin5">Kernel Streaming</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName6">Speaker</Item>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin6">Kernel Streaming</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName7">VB-Audio Hi-Fi Cable</Item>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin7">Kernel Streaming</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName8">Hi-Fi Cable Input (VB-Audio Hi-Fi Cable)</Item>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin8">Direct Sound</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName9">SPDIF Out (Xonar U7)</Item>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin9">Direct Sound</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName10">Xonar U7</Item>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin10">Direct Sound</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName11"/>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin11">Disk Writer</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName12"/>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin12">Null Output</Item>
</Response>

Output with the WASAPI devices disappeared:

<Response Status="OK">
<Item Name="NumberDevices">10</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName0">Default Audio Device</Item>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin0">Direct Sound</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName1">ASUS U7</Item>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin1">ASIO</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName2">SpdifOut</Item>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin2">Kernel Streaming</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName3">Speaker</Item>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin3">Kernel Streaming</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName4">VB-Audio Hi-Fi Cable</Item>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin4">Kernel Streaming</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName5">Hi-Fi Cable Input (VB-Audio Hi-Fi Cable)</Item>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin5">Direct Sound</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName6">SPDIF Out (Xonar U7)</Item>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin6">Direct Sound</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName7">Xonar U7</Item>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin7">Direct Sound</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName8"/>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin8">Disk Writer</Item>
<Item Name="DeviceName9"/>
<Item Name="DevicePlugin9">Null Output</Item>
</Response>

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 06:11:47 pm »

TV channels that are broadcast at 720x576 are being shown with an incorrect aspect ratio that looks like 4:3 when it should be 16:9, I can't see any options to correct this as as the playback engine seems to handle live tv differently from video files.
Scanning for Tv channels often causes media center to crash once the scan has completed. See the attached log file, I haven't included the crash dump in the zip file as it puts it over the maximum log file size.

Also I have included a DVB Frequencies.xml in the zip file with additional transmitter frequencies for New Zealand

kjhkjh123

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 10:22:50 pm »

This problem started with version 19.0.128 and is still persisting after updating to 19.0.131.  I am using JRiver as a music server to play to various devices.  My primary setup contains a Sony STR-DA5700ES and an OPPO BDP-103.  My problems started after this upgrade in that using Gizmo to sent music to the stereo system that when using the sony receiver as a renderer it would only play one song at a time from a full ripped CD or gizmo would start to initiate a play and show the album art on the android device and then I would press the button below the art that says "resume playback" this would result skipping to the next song which would do the same thing.  Or when it would play to the sony it would only play the first song from the disk.  I have rebooted the JRiver server multiple times.  The weird thing is that if I turn on the OPPO and use it as the renderer, everything works perfectly.  These problems started Friday, 4/18 with the upgrade to 128 and have continued with 131.  There have not been any firmware updates to either the Sony or OPPO last week.  My gut says there is a quirk in the Sony system that resulting in MC not function properly to use the Sony as a renderer.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 09:59:42 am »

See the attached log file, I haven't included the crash dump in the zip file as it puts it over the maximum log file size.
Please email it to me - yaobing at jriver dot com

Also I have included a DVB Frequencies.xml in the zip file with additional transmitter frequencies for New Zealand

Thanks.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 02:20:11 pm »

Scanning for Tv channels often causes media center to crash once the scan has completed. See the attached log file, I haven't included the crash dump in the zip file as it puts it over the maximum log file size.

Did you happen to close the TV Options window while scanning was still going on?  I was able to get a crash if I closed the property page first.  In the next build I will change it so that it will not be possible to close the property page before scanning is done.

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 02:42:43 am »

I did close the options window yes as I figured I could do other things with jriver while the scanning was still going on in the background. It's only slightly annoying if we have to wait for the scanning to finish but personally I'd rather that than stability issues.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 08:11:40 am »

I did close the options window yes as I figured I could do other things with jriver while the scanning was still going on in the background. It's only slightly annoying if we have to wait for the scanning to finish but personally I'd rather that than stability issues.

Thanks for the confirmation.  I get your point about having to wait for the scan to finish.

riverjay

Rating only shows 4 stars in Display Pane
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 09:21:59 pm »

This has been a persistent problem for the last few months. A quick forum search reveals the problem dates back to .114 at least http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87247.msg598053#msg598053

While the number of stars is consistently 5 in other panes, in the Display Pane it maxes out at 4.  The problem first appeared when I altered the Display Text. First I changed to the alternate display text and then altered the Play Mode (Alternative) text to the following:

Title: [Name]- ([Artist])
Status: [Composer]---[Conductor]---[Remaining Time] // [Total Time]

Shortly thereafter I noticed the star rating problem. It has persisted despite my attempts to return the Display Text as it was before the issue appeared. 
I had been tagging my music collection with rating stars using the Display Pane. The inability to do so had put a crimp in my workflow but it didn't seem that big a deal. Now, over 1500 songs into the project, it's a pain to have to workaround this.  Besides even when I'm finished, I will want to tag/edit star ratings quickly from the Display Pane and so would appreciate a fix. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 07:23:11 am »

I've mentioned this for the first time on March 3rd, and after that on two other occasions:

"When you 'walk' through your list by typing a title/artist or with your arrow-keys the item you then select isn't focused properly. Because of that the so called 'right-click' Windows button doesn't function (the button with the most used functions beneath it). In order to get this button working you have to click the file with the mouse as well.
The first time it does what it's supposed to do, but from then on it's wrong.

Hope you understand what I mean and that you can solve this bug. Would save me a lot of time when editing items."

Every time there is no reaction on this. I would like to get an answer to it, even if that says you won't repair it.

Anyhow: in this version 131 the problem still exists.
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 10:13:43 am »

I've mentioned this for the first time on March 3rd, and after that on two other occasions:

"When you 'walk' through your list by typing a title/artist or with your arrow-keys the item you then select isn't focused properly. Because of that the so called 'right-click' Windows button doesn't function (the button with the most used functions beneath it). In order to get this button working you have to click the file with the mouse as well.
The first time it does what it's supposed to do, but from then on it's wrong.

Hope you understand what I mean and that you can solve this bug. Would save me a lot of time when editing items."

Every time there is no reaction on this. I would like to get an answer to it, even if that says you won't repair it.

Anyhow: in this version 131 the problem still exists.

FWIW I can't reproduce this problem.  Shift-F10 always produces the context menu for me no matter how I get to the file.  I tried using arrow keys or letter keys to navigate to several files in view or playlist and the context menu seems to work no matter what.  Maybe you have something else stealing focus/intercepting keystrokes?

rec head

Re: Rating only shows 4 stars in Display Pane
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2014, 03:56:22 pm »

This has been a persistent problem for the last few months. A quick forum search reveals the problem dates back to .114 at least http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87247.msg598053#msg598053

While the number of stars is consistently 5 in other panes, in the Display Pane it maxes out at 4.  The problem first appeared when I altered the Display Text. First I changed to the alternate display text and then altered the Play Mode (Alternative) text to the following:

Title: [Name]- ([Artist])
Status: [Composer]---[Conductor]---[Remaining Time] // [Total Time]

Shortly thereafter I noticed the star rating problem. It has persisted despite my attempts to return the Display Text as it was before the issue appeared. 
I had been tagging my music collection with rating stars using the Display Pane. The inability to do so had put a crimp in my workflow but it didn't seem that big a deal. Now, over 1500 songs into the project, it's a pain to have to workaround this.  Besides even when I'm finished, I will want to tag/edit star ratings quickly from the Display Pane and so would appreciate a fix. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I still have this problem have tried to fix it but haven't been able to.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2014, 04:11:53 pm »

Regarding the Display star ratings.  Do you folks have your skin sized turned up to about 125% or larger?  That will cause 5 stars to turn into 4.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

riverjay

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2014, 06:04:02 pm »

Thanks, Mr.C   ;D

You are spot on! Have my view pumped up to 125% and the 5th star returns at 110%.  Thanks this was a minor pain for me. Had totally forgotten that I had even done this.

Much obliged!!!

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2014, 01:11:27 pm »

FWIW I can't reproduce this problem.  Shift-F10 always produces the context menu for me no matter how I get to the file.  I tried using arrow keys or letter keys to navigate to several files in view or playlist and the context menu seems to work no matter what.  Maybe you have something else stealing focus/intercepting keystrokes?
I didn't know Shift-F10 worked as well. Tried it and it results in exactly the same options as when you push the so called right-click Windows button (right from the spacebar).
However: even if I try to use Shift-F10 the problem is there.
To get us on the same level for what I mean I've made a video of what I'm talking about. Can you tell me how I can upload this to you so you can take a look at it?
Regarding your remark about stealing focus: I experience the problem on two different computers. And: I've been using this option time and again without any problems until some updates ago. So that makes it less likely that it's a computer-related problem.
Hope you're willing to take a look at my video!
Mark Coutinho

michaelmcclatchy

• Recent member
SACD iso files are not importing
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2014, 09:19:07 am »

After upgrading to 131, my old SACD iso files have been "lost".

10mg

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2014, 05:00:54 pm »

ver. 19.0.131

Just got the same problems as described here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=86164.0. When syncing my Sony Xperia M (running Android 4.3) in mtp mode JRiver is trying to delete and reload files that already exist (these files were not changed since last sync). And there is no option "To sync if file was changed..." for mtp mode.

Maybe it is somehow related to:
19.0.24 (8/9/2013)
4. Changed: The error check during WPD camera acquisition makes sure the source and destination file sizes are within 2.5% instead of an exact match since some devices do not expose an exact file size (Android 4.3 in MTP mode).

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2014, 05:07:36 am »

I didn't know Shift-F10 worked as well. Tried it and it results in exactly the same options as when you push the so called right-click Windows button (right from the spacebar).
However: even if I try to use Shift-F10 the problem is there.
To get us on the same level for what I mean I've made a video of what I'm talking about. Can you tell me how I can upload this to you so you can take a look at it?
Regarding your remark about stealing focus: I experience the problem on two different computers. And: I've been using this option time and again without any problems until some updates ago. So that makes it less likely that it's a computer-related problem.
Hope you're willing to take a look at my video!

I tested this myself, and couldn't reproduce any issues either. I simply went into a file list and navigated around with the arrow keys - and pressing the context key works just fine.
You can upload videos to services like youtube or vimeo.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2014, 05:19:19 am »

Regarding the Display star ratings.  Do you folks have your skin sized turned up to about 125% or larger?  That will cause 5 stars to turn into 4.

Fixed in an upcoming build, thanks for pointing out the link to the size!
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2014, 10:54:28 am »

Fixed in an upcoming build, thanks for pointing out the link to the size!

You're welcome.  Since I so majorly fumbled, I figured I owed one redemption point.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rec head

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2014, 07:14:18 am »

Something crazy happened Sunday night. MC is setup to record Cosmos and Masterpiece Theater on Sunday nights. Well it did but the library had the Cosmos episode listed about 30 times and Masterpiece at least 50 times. I did not look in windows explorer to see how many files were made. My display was also going nuts blanking out until I deleted these episodes. The Simpsons recorded just fine that night.

I have a HomerunHD tuner and a Hauppage 2250.

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2014, 12:31:54 pm »

I tested this myself, and couldn't reproduce any issues either. I simply went into a file list and navigated around with the arrow keys - and pressing the context key works just fine.
You can upload videos to services like youtube or vimeo.
@Hendrik I think I know where the problem is: the only time I've got no problems with the context key is when I move around in the Playing Now list. When I try to do the same in a playlist (or smartlist) the problem is there.
Would you please give it a go in a playlist AND in the Playing Now list and see if there is any difference in behaviour?
Mark Coutinho
Pages: [1]   Go Up