INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library has been turned into a mess  (Read 1463 times)

TheGarrett91

Library has been turned into a mess
« on: April 30, 2014, 03:22:41 pm »

Hello,

I've recently set-up my music hard drive to stream from my Raspberry Pi means my main computer doesn't have to be on eating power. This is working fine, my amplifier and phone picks up the server perfectly and organises everything as was neatly by [Artist]/[Album]/[track #] - [track name] however on JRiver the albums view (my favourite one) is totally ruined. Albums are split or unassigned or split per artist in the case of multi artist albums.

This attached files are how it looks normally in album view, how it looks in DLNA album view and what the DLNA folder looks like on the network.
As you can see even some of The Smashing Pumpkins songs don't even get put in the same album even though they were created all at the same time with the same scheme.

Regards
David

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library has been turned into a mess
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 04:33:58 am »

This is almost certainly a tagging problem.  Highlight all the tracks that are split over entries that you think should be grouped together and look at the Tags box in the Action window.  Tags such as Album and Album Artist should be the same for all those tracks - if any of them say "Varies" then there is something wrong.

See http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Album_Artist_and_Album_Artist_%28Auto%29

Pages: [1]   Go Up