INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What has happened to my "Custom" tags?  (Read 929 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
What has happened to my "Custom" tags?
« on: May 14, 2014, 11:57:56 am »

For a few years, I've been using this tagging system for my music: Genre/Custom1/Custom2, which will give this result regarding ie. classical music, Classical/Baroque/Church Music. Suddenly the content of my custom tags have changed to Classical/ust/ustom2 etc.
Also, the information filled in the "Band" field, has become: "R/Band; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;"
I have already started to re-enter some of this information. Importing quite a few records before realizing this, makes that easier than going back to a previous back-up. But still, I'd like to know what this might be, and also if there is anything I could do to avoid it in the future.

Cheers,
Ole K

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: What has happened to my "Custom" tags?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 02:17:33 pm »

Maybe a corrupt Library?  Try Restoring from a backup library to see if you can get back to a better one.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 04:13:32 am »

Yes, that did it. Like I said, I was trying to avoid that solution, as I had recently added quite a few albums. Copying these files to a different location and than importing them back to MC after restoring, did the trick, off course.
But I suppose there is no explanation to what happened. Cross my fingers and hope the best.
Thanks for your reply.

Rgds,
Ole K

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 05:00:02 am »

Not really helpful, but there was someone around this forum with a similar problem. He also got much ";" in different fields. Don't know how it ended... Perhaps it could be found via search but I had no success with searching for it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up