INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dacmagic dac no sound  (Read 1880 times)

FPinto

• In for the music...
Dacmagic dac no sound
« on: May 24, 2014, 02:15:46 pm »

Hi, I am a newbie, testing JRiver 19 on the trial period. Got a friends Cambridge Dacmagic to test bitperfect output but cannot get it to work.

I ripped a couple of CDs (ape format) anda tried to hook up the dac to the computer but cannot get the Dac to output. It works perfect hooked to a cd player and at my friends computer though. Here, I connect it as per Cambridge instructions, fire it up, hear the windows XP sound of new connection through my hifi but no message on the computer.

However, checking hardware, I get all the correct messages, with Dacmagic correctely identified as connected C Media device and operating as expected. However, on the DAC  front , the 48k led lights up when usb is chosen, although i have chosen to output without any format change and on the computer screen it reads as 44.1k and two channel are being outputed. No sound from the DAC analog outs, USB light on, 48k input detected, no sound from analog  outs, nor when I use the DaCmagic  spdif or toslink outputs to route the USB in to my amps DAC. Went back and forward kn the dialog boxes but everything seems right, what am I missing here? Thanks a lot for reading, really appreciate your help .  :)

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Dacmagic dac no sound
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 02:34:21 pm »

Have you read through this?  http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Setup

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Dacmagic dac no sound
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 02:48:11 pm »

The manufacturer's site may have setup instructions.  It could require a driver.  Try other USB ports.
Pages: [1]   Go Up