INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: workstation library started playing dance genre on shuffle all on it's own?!  (Read 1438 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

we were working, and all of a sudden our workstation just started playing dance music. i went to workstation hit stop, a error pops up stating there is nothing to play, after about 5 seconds  the error goes away, and then a new track starts playing all on its own? So i logged into team viewer accessed all pc's in the house, none of them were playing anything, or set to workstation, i then logged into my brothers machines, son's, fathers, and all of those machines were on stop and had there local libraries loaded.

I then went to workstation, jriver, media network, and the activity log is flying through, source is fluctuating from 192.168.1, .10, .1, .13, .117, .12,
Resource is always M-SEARCH: http://239.255.255.250:1900* or POST: http:// 192.168.1.11:52101, or NOTIFY: http//239.255.255.250:1900*

I've then force killed jriver, and then restarted it on workstation, and after about 5 seconds, it starts playing a track, i chose stop same error as above?

I then unloaded main library from server, and loaded the workstations library (empty library) and then the auto play/shuffle stopped.

I then reloaded the main library from server and the auto play /shuffle has finally stopped.

Any ideas what may have happened?

thanks in advance.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team

No idea. Was the workstation waving any glowsticks when you caught it?
 ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Somebody may be using a DLNA Controller to have some fun with you.

glynor

• MC Beta Team

My thought too.

Or another copy of MC, perhaps.  Someone else here at work has MC and I see their Library show up on my computer every so often (when I'm on the right subnet).  It has often been pretty tempting...  ;)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Al ex

Re:
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 03:52:46 pm »

As long as it didn't start playing Country, I wouldn't consider it as bug ;)

nitephlight

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 08:46:24 pm »

That hppens to me sometimes when gizmo remote sends tracks from server to PC client and playback cmd is initiated from other than gizmo.. but yea sounds like someone's remote rolling you

HTPC4ME

well guys, it hasn't happened since... very strange.

Glynor mentions
Someone else here at work has MC and I see their Library show up on my computer every so often (when I'm on the right subnet).  It has often been pretty tempting
out of curiosity is it possible for users who use DLNA with other players (not jriver) to see my pc's and my library? I dont see this being the cause (from the little i know) if all my jriver libraries are on secured wireless network, then those neighbors around us should not be able to see our pc's, libraries correct?

As long as it didn't start playing Country, I wouldn't consider it as bug
we do have country in our library (some family members like it) but i was ecstatic who ever played the genre chose something more bearable for me to troubleshoot :)

but yea sounds like someone's remote rolling you

is there a way to get more info on where exactly the commands were coming from? the way i understand it , if we goto media network\logs all ip's even if outside of home network those ip's should show shouldn't they?
Thanks guys.

glynor

• MC Beta Team

Glynor mentions  out of curiosity is it possible for users who use DLNA with other players (not jriver) to see my pc's and my library? I dont see this being the cause (from the little i know) if all my jriver libraries are on secured wireless network, then those neighbors around us should not be able to see our pc's, libraries correct?

I'm not sure what you mean by "are on secured wireless network."

If they are on the same network (subnet) as you, then yes.  So, I see other DLNA devices and copies of MC here at work because there are 1500 people in my office, and we all share the same network.

If they are on a completely separate network at their own houses, then no.  To do this, generally, they'd need to be on the same network as you (so in your house, or whatever).

The only possible exception to this is if you opened up a hole in your Firewall to allow external streaming (or you run with no firewall at all, but then all bets are off).  Even then, though, it wouldn't auto-detect ever, they'd have to know your public IP, port number, and be specifically trying to mess with you.  If this is the case, though, I could do it from here if I knew your IP address.  ;)

MCWS can be (and probably is in your case) password protected, but the passwords are transmitted via HTTP so they can be sniffed with a packet capture (again, if you are on the same subnet as the "victim" or somewhere else on the "chain" where you can intercept the traffic).

HTPC4ME

ty for clarification. we have 2 subnets (home networks) one is where all home office machines are connected and the other is a wireless guest which they need a password for and the wireless ID (we hide both wireless id's) but that network does not have access to any in house machines (via network sharing). mainly used for customers & guests when they are here.

dunno, i'm stumped then on what may have caused it... it's only happened once this whole time ive had jriver.

glynor

• MC Beta Team

If the two networks can't reach each other (you can't ping one machine from the other network) then it wouldn't work.

Unless, again, you have a hole poked in your firewall, and someone figured out your password (or sniffed it), and was messing with you.  Then it could have been coming from Antarctica.

HTPC4ME

ok, thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up