INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Detached Display with VideoClock & Auto-Change Video Set [troubleshooting]  (Read 1081 times)

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe

Hi all - I have had this problem for a while and seeking some clairty.

Setup

Office Display (DVI>HDMI) Mon#1
Living Room Display (DVI) Mon#2

Both displays 1920x1080 @ 60hz

Problem

Working on Office, I play video in Living room using Detached Display, to allow myself access to MC for tagging while family watches.

Video becomes out of sync (MKV mostly) unless Videoclock or Auto-Change is enabled. When enabled, Office display changes resolution and is unusable due to lag.

Forgive me, but IIRC it was really the Auto-Change that helped the most, but in conjunction with VideoClock.

Attempted Solutions

1. Video>Jump To Monitor 2 - then I lose ability to work on Office Display

2. Enable Auto-Change - results in Office Display go gray and become laggy while Living room display looks worse than ever

3. Move MC to Living Room Display and run from there - results in good playback and office display is unaffected.

I'd like to avoid solutions like using two instances of MC, and #1 and #2 above as they are not an option, cumbersome, or affect using JRemote (and read-only database on one).

Detached Display is such a great feature, but I can't figure out how to use it best. Obviously for reference video viewing I would simply move over MC and use JRemote. But the day to day is proving a problem.

thanks for any advice - it seems like when using Detached Display for Option #2 it is grabbing settings for Monitor 1 but the display is moved over to Monitor 2, so it's a mis-match?

I only have a single display here, but it seems that this should be solvable by using madVR's display mode switcher (Red October HQ) instead of Media Center's so that only the second display changes refresh rate to match the video, or leaving both displays at 60Hz and enabling SmoothMotion.

In both cases you would leave VideoClock on.

Check the guide at the bottom of my post if you need help setting this up.

HiFiTubes

I may have fixed this by simply using 250ms of A/V correction.

I do have Red October enabled, but wouldn't I also have to enable the Auto-Switch? Or are you saying the HQ mode has a default setting that does auto-switching.

thanks

madVR has its own display mode switcher that is separate from Media Center's. (you need to disable MC's if you are going to use it)
It's also a bit more advanced, and can be configured on a per-display basis.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Madvr_expert_guide#Display_Modes
Pages: [1]   Go Up