INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver crashes--WS2012 Essentials installation  (Read 1386 times)

Audioclyde

• Recent member
JRiver crashes--WS2012 Essentials installation
« on: June 12, 2014, 05:20:38 am »

A bit of background--I've been running JRiver 19 on a bootcamped Mac Mini with WS 2012 Essentials as the operating system for a few months with no issues.

I got a new 2012 Mac Mini (18 gig RAM, 250 gig ss hard drive), bootcamped and installed the WS 2012 Essentials operating system on it.  I installed the latest JRiver app, but the program keeps crashing after playback of only a few songs (I have the latest drivers & firmware installed for my current DAC, which was working perfectly on the  old setup).

No anti virus programs installed, etc.

I've attached an event log; any input/help/assistance will be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver crashes--WS2012 Essentials installation
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 06:24:28 am »

The log doesn't seem to indicate that it actually crashed.
Did you create it just after MC crashed, and you restarted it?

Maybe "crash" means something different to you and me? :)
Does it hang and become inactive, or does Windows actually show a dialog saying "Media Center stopped working"?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Audioclyde

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 06:28:39 am »

The app hangs (or just stops playing) and if I try to restart I get the Windows "Media Center stopped working" message.

I couldn't understand the log file either (but I'm no computer expert)--I had reset the log, then played JRiver until it stopped/locked up again, and that was the log created.....

Thanks,

Randy

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 07:21:21 am »

The app hangs (or just stops playing) and if I try to restart I get the Windows "Media Center stopped working" message.

I couldn't understand the log file either (but I'm no computer expert)--I had reset the log, then played JRiver until it stopped/locked up again, and that was the log created.....

Thanks,

Randy
That sounds like a hang, not a crash.  Windows will sometimes put that message up when a program like MC doesn't respond quickly enough.  MC may be busy.  Let it run.

Audioclyde

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 10:31:36 am »

It hung again and wouldn't ever respond/begin again, so I uninstalled some of the unnecessary audio drivers that Bootcamp had installed, rebooted and have been able to play 25 tracks (so far) without any issues, so hopefully my issue is resolved or at least greatly improved.

Thanks,

Randy
Pages: [1]   Go Up