INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie and Lots of Questions  (Read 1063 times)

ChrisJCampo

Newbie and Lots of Questions
« on: June 14, 2014, 01:23:50 pm »

Hi:

I just purchased JRiver Media Center have several questions which don't appear in the FAQs:

1.  I created a playlist and want to stream, or play, the songs to my home networked receiver.  As the songs begin to play, a drop out or pause occurs with each song.   The silence on each track lasts only a few seconds and the songs continue to play.  Quite annoying.  Am I missing something in the setup?

2.  Under Tools - Options - Media Network I have added a DLNA Server yet when I look at the output settings I see message "Not using JRiver Audio Engine".  IS this normal?

Thanks!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Newbie and Lots of Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 02:42:28 pm »

Welcome.

1.  Limited bandwidth or antivirus are possibilities.  DLNA configuration may also be a possibility.  Try playing low bandwidth files, like 128K MP3.

2.  If you're using DLNA or UPnP, that's true.  The file is delivered to the other device and it does the playback.

ChrisJCampo

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 03:45:55 pm »

Hi:

The audio dropping only occurs with the JRiver Media player.  I was using Windows Media player (Windows 7 64-bit) without any issues so the possibility of bandwidth seems unlikely.   I will make some  adjustments and let you know.

Thank you for the quick response.

P.S.  love the software!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 04:55:05 pm »

The audio dropping only occurs with the JRiver Media player.  I was using Windows Media player (Windows 7 64-bit) without any issues so the possibility of bandwidth seems unlikely.   I will make some  adjustments and let you know.

Try increasing the buffering setting in Options > Audio.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up