INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem with AverMedia HD HomeFree Duet  (Read 3588 times)

zzeitg

• Recent member
problem with AverMedia HD HomeFree Duet
« on: June 15, 2014, 05:44:49 am »

Hi,
I'm using AverMedia HomeFree Duet network tuner.

JRiver MC is able to find all TV and radio stations (DVB-T) properly, but when I try to play some of them, the screen remains black and "No signal" appears.

(In Windows Media Center everything works fine.)

What could be wrong?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: problem with AverMedia HD HomeFree Duet
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 07:44:09 am »

What could be wrong?

I looked at one of these when I wanted a 2nd LAN DVB-T tuner and stuck with SiliconDust based on familiarity (the 1st unit was proven on my own setup) and a long standing rep in the market. If you're asking what could be wrong, the HDHR3-DT has a config dialogue that permits the setup to switch between various PVR software (including JRiver MC). The SD unit defaults to Micro$oft MCE, so it's a common problem when getting it to work with our favoured weapon of choice.

That's what could be wrong. What options can you select during config of the HomeFree Duet that may help?

What also could be wrong is that you don't have the latest firmware / driver:
http://avertv.avermedia.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=524&tab=APDriver
Another possiblity is that you're using Win 8 or Win 8.1 OS and the above link doesn't mention either of those systems, so it may be some weird incompatibility that doesn't make sense upon casual observation.

From TV Devices Supported:
Digital TV tuners (BDA):

ATSC, clear QAM and DVB-T/T2/S/S2/C devices are supported. All devices that conform to Broadcast Driver Architecture (BDA) should work.

I couldn't spot from review of the OEM website that the unit works to BDA architecture. I also had a squiz at the AVMedia user manual and couldn't spot anything obvious. They don't appear to have a forum (maybe I missed it?), so that's one option that won't help. If in doubt, and if no one here has a working unit to provide experience that you can use, raise a ticket with the OEM.

I do have an AVMedia USB stick that works fine with MC but that's obviously a different story.

I'd love to do a better job but that's all I can offer. Hope you get sorted soon..
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: problem with AverMedia HD HomeFree Duet
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 03:39:34 pm »

Some AverMedia devices are known to work very well in MC.  I am not sure what is with this particular one.  If you still have problems after trying astromo's ideas, email me a log, yaobing at jriver dot com.  Instructions for sending logs are here. Make sure you include filter information (item #5 in the instructions).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up