INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View television channel (Hauppauge card running under Win 7) on Android Gizmo  (Read 1614 times)

jrlemieux

Hello -- I just installed the demo version of JRiver; it seems a very solid product. I have a Hauppauge digital TV tuner in my Windows PC and JRiver Media Center detected it. I configured the channels and I can now watch local TV programs on my Windows 7 PC. I tried to watch TV on my Nexus Android phone using the Gizmo application, but I can't make this work. Gizmo is able to connect to my PC and I can listen to some music and watch videos, but there is no way for me to activate a television channel. The only way I can see anything related to television is by using "Search", where I can search for television channels by name. But when I select a television channel in the search list results, I only get an error message "Error communicating with server" while the Gizmo app displays "Preparing...". Can someone please let me know how to fix this issue. If I can make this television feature work, I will happily switch to JRiver...! Many thanks. JL

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Welcome to the forum.  I believe Gizmo works only with recorded programs.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!

JimH is correct.  In my testing, while we can not at this stage play "Live TV" in Gizmo it "almost works".  A full Win MC client can kick off and import a TV recording the Gizmo can then play but you can not do this from Gizmo itself.

+1 It would be great to have Live TV streaming to your Android Tablet/Phone!

Here is the link to my testing on this
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up