INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu-ray Audio Selection/Sync Bug?  (Read 1377 times)

trevorgoldon

Blu-ray Audio Selection/Sync Bug?
« on: June 27, 2014, 11:50:09 am »

I seem to have found a small bug with a couple of Blu-ray Discs.
The bug is audio selection/sync.

The movies that have issues seem to contain multiple cuts of the movie.
For example If I select the longest title - Title > "00003.mpls 1:53:51 (2 Audio Streams)" the movie starts to go completely out of sync after about 5 minutes.
After looking at the Streams menu it seems to show 6 audio streams instead of 2 audio streams - Of those 6 audio streams, there are two DTS-HD MA tracks (1st & 4th track), when I manually selected the 2nd DTS-HD MA track, the sync was fixed and the movie played fine.

My guess is that the 1st DTS-HD MA track is for the other cut of the movie and should not be shown or selected. For reference the other cut of the movie "00001.mpls 1:49:49 (4 Audio Streams)" also has 6 Audio streams listed, it seems like they are been combined/mixed up.

Not a big deal really, I just thought I would point it out  :D

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Blu-ray Audio Selection/Sync Bug?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 01:19:14 pm »

Sadly, that can't really be fixed. Some discs use weird mastering where one audio track is from the shorter version of the movie, and as such results in the sync problems you mention.
And there is really no way to figure this out automatically.

One title where I have seen this is Fast & Furios 6, not sure about others.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

trevorgoldon

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 02:05:34 pm »

Thanks for the reply Hendrik. The title in my example was "Secret Life of Bees" :)

I just assumed it was a bug since the title selection menu seems to correctly show the mpls title having only 2 audio tracks (yet 6 are shown in the stream selection)
Just for reference BDInfo v0.5.8 shows the mpls as having 2 audio tracks and 4 hidden audio tracks. Not sure how it knows they are hidden, but if JRiver could also manage to figure that out, then I guess those hidden tracks could not be shown/selected?  ?

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 02:09:17 pm »

Maybe I'll look into that at some point, might be nice to check where these things are hidden.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

trevorgoldon

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 03:05:15 pm »

Maybe I'll look into that at some point, might be nice to check where these things are hidden.

Thanks, I'll keep my eye out for future updates ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up