INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Simple Clarification for Library Sharing Needed  (Read 1259 times)

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
Simple Clarification for Library Sharing Needed
« on: June 28, 2014, 10:18:31 pm »

I have two laptops: One "main" laptop that holds all of the music files and one "secondary" old netbook for playing music.
On the netbook I have it set to use (by Adding) the "main" laptop's library, and this works well.

Q1: If I delete a playlist or other media on the secondary machine, does it delete it the playlist/media from the main laptop's library? Are they automatically "synced" both ways, or only if "Authentication" is used?

Q2: If I am using MC on the main laptop and "play to" the secondary laptop by selecting it in playing now, does it play to it via DLNA, or the same as it would by playing the files directly from the secondary? If using DLNA, my understanding is that volume leveling and other audio features are not available, so remote or directly controlling the secondary laptop would be more desirable for all features to function.

Thanks.
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Simple Clarification for Library Sharing Needed
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 07:19:50 am »

Sync requires authentication.

Unless you load a DLNA library, or play to a DLNA Renderer, MC isn't using DLNA.  Read the "Tremote" topic on the wiki for more.

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Simple Clarification for Library Sharing Needed
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 12:39:46 am »

Are they automatically "synced" both ways, or only if "Authentication" is used?

Assuming you have setup as server/client within MC,http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Tremote, the syncing behaviour is explained here http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Server_Sync
Pages: [1]   Go Up