INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can JRiver panes be modified?  (Read 1422 times)

iluvmusic

Can JRiver panes be modified?
« on: June 29, 2014, 09:37:10 am »

Hi, first of all, I love JRiver and the customization it offers to users. Thanks to the developers for their time and effort in making such a valuable product.

Now, to the question I asked, is it possible to customize the panes (I think thats what they are called?) in JRiver? You know, the one that pops up from bottom part when an album thumbnail is clicked showing all the tracks in the album. More specifically, I wanted to change the topmost part of the pane where it says "[album] by [album artist (auto)]" to "[album] by [myfield]" where myfield is a field created by me. I have searched extensively but couldn't find a solution. Any help is appreciated.

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can JRiver panes be modified?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 09:39:55 am »

I assume you are referring to the grouping.
This is modified by creating a new field in Tools → Options → Library & Folders → Manage Library Fields…

Creating a field here will let you select it as a group type from the dropdown menu at the top of the view. (Group By → More → <your field>)

iluvmusic

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 09:52:10 am »

No thats not what I meant. I will illustrate with a picture

I want "Far and Away" by "John Williams". By default, MC is showing Album Artist (auto) instead of Album Artist (complete), which is a field created by me,  in that position.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 09:57:26 am »

Please use JRiver, rather than JRiver.  The latter looks similar to iRiver.  Thanks.

iluvmusic

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 10:03:45 am »

Ok JRiver no more JRiver (oops) :D Anyways 6233638, your suggestion works! thanks. Any chance I could add the [year] also to the right similar to the default way.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 10:10:58 am »

tHanks

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 03:09:39 pm »

You can use any number of fields, and expressions for this.

If you right-click in the expression editor, it will give you a list of all the available fields to select from.
There are a number of tricks you can use with this, if you need your data grouped or sorted in a specific way and are having difficulty with that.

A basic example might be:

Delimit([Year],/]/ ,/[)[Album] by FirstNotEmpty([Album Artist (complete)],[Album Artist (auto)])
Pages: [1]   Go Up