INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clearing IE browser engine cache?  (Read 1278 times)

racefacexc

• Recent member
Clearing IE browser engine cache?
« on: July 05, 2014, 09:09:35 am »

Clearing JRiver's IE browser engine cache possible?   I am needing to try clearing the cache in IE browser engine, like one would do via ctrl+shift+delete in windows IE browser.  I tried the same method while in JRiver IE browser with no apparent results, no dialog box came up and it did not fix the issue i had. Is this possible to do in JRiver IE browser?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Clearing IE browser engine cache?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 09:17:42 am »

I think you would just clear it in IE.

racefacexc

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 09:34:24 am »

I tried clearing in IE first, and it solved the problem of hulu.com not accepting my login/password in IE, but not in JRiver's IE browser.  This MAY be a non-issue for me as I have successfully made chromium work in IE but need it to have flash support for HBOGo. I posted about this in an existing thread on the subject.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 10:02:08 am »

Did you look in MC's options for Services?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 11:15:26 am »

This won't help actually fixing the issue, but... Wondering:  Why are you using the embedded browser in MC for this, rather than launching things in an external browser (which would be much more flexible, and easily allow flash and all of that)?

If you're determined, I bet this will do it:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wsdevsol/archive/2012/10/18/nine-things-you-need-to-know-about-webview.aspx#AN7
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

racefacexc

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 12:07:56 pm »

Did you look in MC's options for Services?

I did.  I found nothing in those options about flash plugins.  i also browsed the accessories.jriver.com site and found nothing there.

racefacexc

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 12:10:56 pm »

This won't help actually fixing the issue, but... Wondering:  Why are you using the embedded browser in MC for this, rather than launching things in an external browser (which would be much more flexible, and easily allow flash and all of that)?

If you're determined, I bet this will do it:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wsdevsol/archive/2012/10/18/nine-things-you-need-to-know-about-webview.aspx#AN7

I would be open to using an external browser if it would switch seamlessly from theater view and back.  ill look for more info on this subject.  if you have any links or could point me to where i could find info on how to set this up, i would be grateful.

Thanks for your help.  And thank you to JimH, too.

Edit:  I have added all of my theater view selections that previously used embedded browser engine to use external browser, and that will suffice for now since the wife will be able to use it without much hassle.  However, even though I have the "Hide media center while program is running" checked, it still opens the program (chrome browser) in the background and I have to Alt+Tab to switch to it.  Is there something I am missing to have it switch automatically when i select one of these from theater view? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up