INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone EVER received a REFUND? Listen...  (Read 6554 times)

jill

Has anyone EVER received a REFUND? Listen...
« on: February 11, 2002, 05:12:15 pm »

I apologize if these are silly comments and questions; I am new and very confused about all the players, organizers, players VS. organizers, etc...

Really, I don't get why MJPlus is thought to be such a big deal, especially as a player.  I think it has a rather glaring shortcoming, in that the user cannot see all his music on the right,IF HE OR SHE WANTS TO, simply drag the selected songs over to a right-side Playing Now window.  Seems it's lacking in that simple option: SEE tracks, select tracks, drag tracks, and play tracks.

Sure, I'm a simpleton.  I don't care about fastidious organization of my music.  I KNOW my music!(Or I DID before I stuck it in this thing!) And when I'm in a hurry, rushing to get on with LIFE and FUN, this thing is a pain in the ass! I just want to see it all and play whatever yanks my chain for the moment.

I've read the replies to other disatisfied users' comments (usually a show of how many words for "DUMMY" MJPlus fans know), and the only thing I can assertain from them is that we all have to go with the flow and get used to going through too many steps ("All you need to do is make a playlist first, for Cheez-its sake, ya big dummy!") to hear music and prove we are truly program-savvy.  

Playlists are a drag! For those of us with short attention spans, they are a fruitless endeavor. They're way too big a commitment! I can't imagine having to make a playlist every time I want to throw on a couple of songs. I'll never make it! And if you don't do the playlist crap, then you have to deal with the other FLAW in MJPlus (at least on my system), which is the inevitable FREEZE from trying to search up and down that darn artist/album tree that doesn't show TRACK NAMES (DUH!)and then back to the Library, then back to the tree.

I gave it chance after chance.  Sh*t, I really wanted to be cool and techie! HIP, you know? But I wasted all my time learning how to get a network running in my house and, unfortunately, missed the boat on the pleasures of playlist-making, tree-searching, blind-adding to the Playing Now list, and over-thinking genres.  I'm a simple-minded sasshole ("s" intended).

So, you guessed it, I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! Easier access to my music, I did not receive. Wonder-organization, I don't give a f*ck about.  All I want is a refund. I'll do anything. Interestingly, JRiver has a corporate-sized loophole that they believe absolves them of any and all responsiblity to unsatisfied customers.  They use the trusty nuisance-causing 30-day Trial period as an out, for if one has decided to forego the Trial version, all of which are commonly known to NOT allow a true, full-version experience and come with a pop-up per click, then that user is S.O.L. "You know we offer a Trial?  Didn't you read about our Trial? You should have used the Trial. The Trial would have saved you.  The Trial is God."

Trial or no, it is the spending of MONEY that helps to enlighten one to a product's particular downfalls. Shut up! I am not cheap.  I am just unsatisfied.  I don't like it.  I PROMISE I will NEVER use the MJPlus player again.  Lock the b*tch up!  Do whatever!  Just please don't make me be an owner, a PURCHASER, of this player/organizer!  I don't know what else I can say.  Except,...well, it is ugly, too.  Please may I have a refund?  Please, please, may I have a refund?   PRETTY please?  Be reasonable, JRiver.  I don't think you will have a rash of crazy, IMPOSTER MJPlus haters banging down your doors for refunds.  It's not a way for anyone to get rich (except...unless YOU GUYS...hmmm...)

Many other small, but respectable, companies (and MOST large, successful ones) make allowances, even anticipate and plan for REFUNDS.  No one will laugh.  I, personally, promise not to gloat.  Just, please, may I have refund?  I truly do not like your product.  It is useless to me.  I will give it back in the same shape in which it was received. Please, don't make me keep it!  Give me my money back!  Please!

Scronch

RE:Has anyone EVER received a REFUND? Listen...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2002, 05:22:18 pm »

OK, I'm not a JRiver employee.

I thought the 7.2 trial was essentially full-featured.  Not sure why you'd do a trial on a beta (i.e. MJ8), unless you wanted to help debug it.

I think you can do everything you need with MJ.  Just spend a little time with it.

And I know you're angry about the trial "excuse", but really, why wouldn't you use the free trial prior to popping for the purchase?  If the answer is "It was only 25 bucks", then, well, it was only 25 bucks.

btw, I think you could've gone out and earned 25 bucks in the time it took to author your tirade.  But, up to you.

I hope you find whatever type of program you're looking for.  I'll stick with MJ, the best jukebox program there is.

Scronch

KinkyPinky

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2002, 05:38:26 pm »

*smirks* sounds like someone needs to go get sonique

...shouldn't be too technical for you

*goes back to humming the "backup license" skit*

leonidas

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2002, 05:49:25 pm »

can't see all your music on the right?

right-click media library, delete all the current options, create new one called artist or name or whatever you want your music sorted by, then go to menu bar/settings options/trees & view settings/sorting and choose how you want the files sorted so that when your are in media library they are sorted your favorite way, than then one last thing--menu bar/settings options/startup stettings/startup page and choose media library here. Viola! MJ will open to media library and be sorted any way you want it.

>>>>Sure, I'm a simpleton

Me too--I don't use playlists, smartlists, visualizations, custom fields, or any of that fancy stuff. I have precisely one genre for all 2500 songs, I don't care about media scheduler or the media editor, I rarely ever watch TV on my TV so I  don't care about that aspect of MJ, and I don't do the skins or web radio thing. I just like great sound quality (mj is the best), and I like to organize things MY way (mj lets me do this). I also like lossless compression (ape) and MJ is the best for this.

Plus, there's that 30-day trial thing . . . . .

Leo

PS: good luck with the refund. I once got a refund from Eudora, but the product was advertised as having a money-back guarantee.

KinkyPinky

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2002, 06:18:23 pm »

>>I think you can do everything you need with MJ. Just spend a little time with it.

Well spoken and true, MJ may seem complicated at first but give it time as it willl grow on you. Name one other program out there that does what MJ can do. Name one company that cares about it's users (customers) as much as J Rivers does. Where else can you come for help where the community gives great insight and sound techincal support...there is no other place I know or no other program I know that has builds released around 1-3 times a week, maybe more, where the customer's complaints and bug reports are taken into consideration and fixed within a reasonable time.

Atleast here in the MJ community you can talk with those responsible for MJ and with a close knit community of followers who care about the product and offer their help 24-7 (other places you talk to MODERATORS, those usually not with the product but are given a job that implies - "be good or get your *ss spanked!)....winamp? nothing has been released since 11.28.01....sonique? ha! when has sonique released anything new? musicmatch? no, "see sonique" Next Page

Maybe I ramble too much...Ill be quiet now and leave on Leonidas's note...

>> Plus, there's that 30-day trial thing . . . . .

Severian

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2002, 06:21:06 pm »

Severian thinks MJ is great...but also thinks that Sonique is nothing to sneeze at, Kinky P, and believes that most interface designers could learn a thing or two from studying it closely. For what it does, it's awesome. I also have yet to see visualizations from anybody that are half as cool/trippy as the ones Sonique has had for years.

TJZJ

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2002, 07:15:07 pm »

I thought this is a pretty cool software, mate. And for that price, it's a steal, really. I have been using it for over a year now (on 4 computers) and it's gonna be one of the best there is. Anyway, do let me know if you come across any others that's just as cool.

"half of the people can't be part right all of the time..." Dylan.

jill

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2002, 08:45:00 pm »

Teamin' me, I see.  Scronch, Pinky, Leonidas, Severian, and TJZJ (try saying that three times fast!), you are right. I went in and played with her some more.  

I tried some writing clever replies (twice before this), all good, mind you, but tequila shots while awaiting replies have left me weak.  That is not to say I have given in due to lack of backbone, but to say I have been proven wrong. I tried, but even in the midst of my "tirade," things started to make sense, at least with regard to the player itself.  Company policy still sucks.  But I don't like giving back money either.

I am a difficult imp sometimes, but I am not stupid.  Affected maybe. Stubborn and #####y, definitely. But I am fun to know. You MJP boosters have spirit to rival anyone.  Kudos.

The sound quality has always been very sweet, but I wanted the interface to be more intuitive.  It is not UN-intuitive, I just have always had my own preferences for storing music and finding it again.  Still will have to deal with the playlist thing, but I think I have started to get a better feel for it. Open up all files, shut the library folder, have a nice, personal folder ready to accept whatever I want, slide them over, start a few, open that playlist folder again, while music plays, pick a couple more.  I found I can add to and re-arrange the playlist pretty easily.  Move on.

Gracias, folks!  I appreciate the heartfelt, wry, and humorous tones a little music player forum can get going.  cheers!  I will keep this player.  Doubtful you reciprocate, but I detect some very quick wit back there.  You done good, kids!  Go, enjoy.

leonidas

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2002, 08:56:52 pm »

wow

all this nonsense around here finally paid off

jillinoakland

glad you gave it another whirl (maybe I shouldn't use that word when you're doing tequilla shooters)

figured you'd stick around what with the profile already 'en all

you sound like a fun person to know

have you met [former member] yet?

I was gonna say something aabout being 3 sheets into the wind after several black&tans, but you have to be careful around here with the sailing phrases

goodnight

Leo

Bill Ko

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2002, 09:19:06 pm »

I really can't figure out why someone would have thirty days to try something out, buy it, then want a refund.  Maybe something really nasty happens on day 29 of the trial period?  I mean, it's not as if they were tricked into buying it, or whatever.

That said, I would have to say that I couldn't find anywhere that said absolutely no refunds; therefore, if someone wants their money back, I think they should get a refund.  Unless, of course, someone can show me where it says "no refunds."

Thankfully, jill, you ended up liking the product.

Here's a tip (which I had to learn the hard way).  When writing an angry email, write it all out, then let it sit around for an hour or so before sending it.  Nine times out of ten, you'll either decide against sending it, or modify it to be more rational objective instead of basing it on overflowing emotion.  Either way, you pretty much avoid having to apologize for stuff you didn't really mean.  Next Page

Bill

leonidas

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2002, 09:25:40 pm »

Bill Ko

paragraph #1: down boy--he's been sufficiently indoctrinated into the cult for now

paragraph #2: interesting point. I'm not sure how that works--I also don't see anywhere where it says "money-back guarantee." Does caveat emptor still hold sway?

Leo

Bill Ko

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2002, 09:34:10 pm »

Leo:

Maybe they could get "store credit."  (Smirk)

In case you didn't notice, that was a dig at all those computer stores that simply give you store credit for returns.

Bill

leonidas

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2002, 09:37:39 pm »

store credit. great idea. those unsatisfied with mj. can apply the credit. toward another JRiver product. such as media producer or music exchange.

Leo

Callithumpian

• Galactic Citizen
  • Subvert the Dominant Paradigm
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2002, 02:39:32 am »

I'm big in favour of refunding the disgruntled and getting them out of my life.
Much better to get them gruntled - as above.  I love happy endings.

But the idea with a refund is that you get your money back and the goods are unequivocally returned.
IE: use of the product is removed from the purchaser.

I would suggest that refunds for MJ have been very few and special cases, for the simple reason that it is nearly impossible for the customer to properly uphold their part in such a transaction.
Dealing in virtual products is tricky tricky.

So if JRiver give you your money back, you have your money back - that's clear cut.
Your part of that deal would be to demonstrate to their satisfaction that you have irrevocably foregone the use of their product!
How you gonna do that??  Hardware Lock??

(Don't even think about it Jim)

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2002, 04:13:33 am »

Leonidas,
> paragraph #1: down boy--he's been sufficiently indoctrinated into the cult for now

[jill in oakland]
Stubborn and #####y, definitely.

Four sheets to the wind?
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

leonidas

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2002, 04:46:24 am »

"three sheets to the wind" = very drunk, plastered, e.g.  The Captain was three sheets to the wind - staggering

yes, that was the case all right

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2002, 04:53:38 am »

You want a really simple way to play tracks without having to create playlists and the like?

Try this (in MJ 8).

Go to Settings->Options->General. Set Double Click Behavior to one of the Add to Playing Now options.

Then do as the others have suggested and configure MJ to start up in Media Library with all of your music sorted the way you want. Double Click any file you want, and it's queued up to play. If you ever want to queue up a file to listen to and wipe all of the previously queued up music out at the same time, just right click your chosen file and choose Play.

Simple. Next Page

And that's really where the power of MJ is (besides the people behind it). It let's you do things YOUR way. Granted, there are probably a lot of people out there who would prefer to be able to do things their own specific way that MJ doesn't allow them to currently, but chances are it'll come close. And if not, you can always come in here and request it. I wanted a way that I could easily point MJ at a playlist so that i could just double click a bunch of files and have all of them automatically added to that playlist. That's there now. I'm not sure if it's there directly because of my request, but it's there, and that's all that matters to me.

This company is a truly great company. You'll be happy you gave them a chance.

IQ10

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2002, 05:23:16 am »

Hello jill in oakland.  You sound "Affected maybe. Stubborn and #####y, definitely".

Welcome to Interact, where the first character to disappear is the spaces in your logo, so called logo spaces.

Everyone in  here is drunk.  Just ask Harry_The_Tipster.
Like Leo wrote: "three sheets to the wind" = very drunk, plastered, e.g. The Captain was three sheets to the wind - staggering"

The only thing that keeps us sane and on course is the ship's LOG, called INTERACT.
The captain is supposed to rule.  But we rule the captain.
First entry for today, was written by the captain and reads, "the mate was drunk, again, last night."
All log writings are in indelible ink; we can add but not subtract.
When the mate awakes, and sees what the captain has written, the mate adds a second entry to the log, b]"the captain was sober this morning"

[former member]
Truth

LCtheDJ

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2002, 05:24:30 am »

It seems to me that the biggest drawback noted by jillinoakland was the very thing that was just discussed in a recent thread about having multiple panes displayed at once.  Is it possible that soon this could be changed?  There seems to be many in favor of the change.  I think it would be especially acceptable to all if each could customize the view to their own liking.

Without comment on the refund policy, I would like to say I agree with jillinoakland about the advantages of having your 'Media Library' and 'Playing Now' both in view at the same time.

I'm hoping that with only a short wait, jillinoakland's major annoyance with MJ will be a thing of the past.

Jazzwolf

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2002, 05:30:49 am »

>>Really, I don't get why MJPlus is thought to be such a big deal, especially as a player. I think it has a rather glaring shortcoming, in that the user cannot see all his music on the right,IF HE OR SHE WANTS TO, simply drag the selected songs over to a right-side Playing Now window. Seems it's lacking in that simple option: SEE tracks, select tracks, drag tracks, and play tracks.<<

Stick with it, you'll be glad you did! I had been using MusicMatch for about 2 years until I came across this program. It does take awhile to get used to but once you do you'll never go back. If you are just looking for a player then I suggest MusicMatch or Winamp but if you want to burn CD's then this is the program you want. The only reason I still have MusicMatch in my system is because my daughter finds it simple to use the player on it . She likes to be able to double click on tracks and have it go into a playlist instead of dragging them. As soon as you double-click on a track in MJ it will start playing but if you do it on another it will override and start playing the 2nd track instead of putting it in the 2nd position. I advised her about drag and drop but no patience

IQ10

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2002, 05:31:04 am »

JimH
If possible, Please correct the last bold syntax, above to:
"the captain was sober this morning"

Thanks.

JimH

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2002, 06:01:56 am »

[former member] said:
"The captain is supposed to rule. But we rule the captain."
Jim Hillegass

leonidas

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2002, 06:06:19 am »

Jazzwolf

>>>>>>>>>>>>>As soon as you double-click on a track in MJ it will start playing but if you do it on another it will override and start playing the 2nd track instead of putting it in the 2nd position.

New in MJ8--Menu bar/settings/options/general/behavior/double-click

you can now choose what you want to happen when you double-click a song

one of my favorite V8 enhancements

Leo

IQ10

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2002, 06:44:03 am »

JimH

Changed my mind. Please do not correct my bold syntax error. in my ship's log, last entry, story above.  In fact, under no conditions, are you to corrects this.

Thanks!!

[former member]

jill

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2002, 07:12:01 am »

Well, well.  What have we here?  I need to tell you that in preparation for my plunge into InteractWorld, I did some reading through a few threads.  I found several standouts, several "CELEBRITIES," if you will.  I am honored to have the opportunity to make your acquaintance.  Let us hope I can endure our first encounter.

I may have bad news.  The captain RARELY is sober in the morning, and certainly is not on this fine morning.  Soberness makes Jack a dull boy.  (Note that I prefer the definition: devoid of frivolity, excess, or speculative imagination, though I sense the existance of a fundamental gulf.)

Enough of the "captain" bullocks, gentlemen.  Get on with it.  

As you've heard, I have changed my mind.  Yes, I am keeping the player. Much gratitude to the participants. I had already made up my mind last night, but upon returning home this morning, seeing who'd been saying what, and rather enjoying the voyeuristic flavor of it all, I am convinced Media Jukebox Plus is for me, because these forum people are some of the most interesting folks I've "met" in quite a while.  I appreciate the levels of both decency and arrogance demonstrated.  

So, who are you?

jill

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2002, 07:28:16 am »

Not "who" as in name, but how did you arrive here, how much do yo know about this player, what do you WANT to say?  Why such an interest in MJPlus?  I know I shall appreciate the player more and more, but would bet odds that I wouldn't have been here beyond the initial question.  

Of course, then [former member] had to go and do the "captain" routine, and it was all over for me.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2002, 07:44:33 am »

Sounds like you'll fit right in then. [former member] goes into a lot of routines and then it's over for everybody.

leonidas

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2002, 07:48:39 am »

Kasey Chambers - the Captain

KingSparta used to frequently provide info/answers by citing a song with a relevant title.  Stuff like: Confederate Railroad - When You Leave That Way You Can Never Go Back, or Neko Case & Her Boyfriends - Mood To Burn Bridges. I miss that.

I tried the "plus" version of Real Jukebox, Music Match and Siren, as well as the Sonique and Winamp players (plus a few others as well) when I got in to using mp3s a couple of years ago. I was never really happy with any of them, and kept switching from one to the other, and back again, until I found MJ (reviewed on the old www.mp3.com site). I've been happy ever since. That I use ape files now rather that mp3 keeps me somewhat dependent [am I too old to be a dependant?] on the program, so I hang out when I can to help (or just as often irritate) others to help maintain a steady cash flow for JimH (CEO) and his cohorts.

JimH and Glenn have a history. JimH and [former member] have a history. [former member] and Glenn have a history. [former member] and nearly every other Interact barfly have a history. [former member] would have a history if only he existed on Interact. He's one that helps keep things interesting. So too, are Doof, Scronch, Harry The Hipster, Callithumpian, JollyJim, Xstatic, Gatobrit, WeeHappyPixie, Charlemagne 8, zevele1 [sp?], Alonso N., and . . . well, you get the picture. Others are more helpful by sticking to the point, like Lise, Dragyn and ZRocker. Ignore anything by MHorton.

Also, scan the nearby "smart shuffle" thread for a contrast in high-tech/low-tech approaches to MJ.

Leo

IQ10

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2002, 08:49:10 am »

jill in oakoad wrote, "I wouldn't have been here beyond the initial question. Of course, then [former member] had to go and do the "captain" routine, and it was all over for me."

Well, if you enjoyed my posts, and this may cause you to visit Interact, then thank you. As HTH once documented 'peer review' still plays a substantial part directing the future.  Or, as Marshall McLuhan once noted, the only navigation tool available is a 'rear view miror'

Doof (short for Doofus) wanted to interpret it differently.  I was going to post his picture, but I did not want to scare you, or him.

"When you look in the rear view mirror, you don't see cars which have gone by...
It's where you see the foreseeable future - you see what's coming up."

http://www.scis.nova.edu/~schrire/education.html
http://www.mcluhan.ca/main.phtml?show=welcome

[former member]

Chico

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2002, 08:51:25 am »

> Soberness makes Jack a dull boy.

Kind of reminds me of another song...

I sobered up
And got to thinkin'
You ain't much fun,
Since I quit drinkin'

Welcome Jill in Oakland!
You have, and will find, that this is probably the most responsive group on the Internet!
J River and friends are really the best for help, laughs, and yes, flames (when appropriate).

Welcome to the club, and enjoy it!

Chico

zevele1

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2002, 09:01:20 am »

leonidas
If you do not tell me the meaning of[sp?] after my name,i want a REFUND.....in chocolat
In fact i do not give help,cause i never use MJ........no time with such a forum!
jillinoakland[how do you say it in human language/]
Here is the point;we sent $25 for the maintenance of this forum and got ,for free,a jukebox
nice deal  -welcome

JimH

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2002, 09:10:11 am »

zevele,
[sp?] means Service Pack Uncertain.

Jill in Oakland is (probably) a woman (we don't see many/enough of this species here) who lives or works in Oakland, a city in California on the East side of San Francisco Bay.  I lived there once when I was young but not beautiful.

Gertrude Stein (A Rose is a Rose is a Rose) once said about Oakland:

When you get there, there is no "there" there.

Jill might disagree, but Gertrude is long gone, so it is of no consequence.

On the other hand, Jill may be MHorton's imaginary friend.

[sp?] is spelling?
Jim Hillegass

jill

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2002, 09:35:28 am »

FOR EVERYONE THERE (and should be made available to those who show later)- the last transmission from Jill

Way, way, back, before we all became such great friends, I believe Pinky went on about "no other company cares this much," etc.  So, I went to your corp. site and the moment I saw your "Images" page, I knew what ol' Pinky was speaking about.  More to the point, I used to work in a similar environment, which I miss every, single day.

BEHOLD...the start-up in its perfect, and I mean perfect, size-range.  You are, indeed, a FAMILY! Maybe even more like a single unit or being.  Whatever skills one has, whatever skills are needed, whatever it takes, and it is so divine.  And rare. And right now, in my area, short-lived.

We loved our product. We loved our company.  But it was the best when it was small.  Programmers, who could code anything imaginable, could barely use Word (Linux guys, you know), and thought administrative, Win application users were wizards.  Well, maybe they were just really, really grateful, but it has the same "look and feel."

Appreciate this thing you have, every F**king moment of it. You are a part of history already...the O.G., back-in-the-day, early Internet start-up workers!   Dig the hours, the pushes, the build nights (ours were late-nite, with phat dinners and beer for the near-end time).  BE ARROGANT, only one in a while. You are entitled. (Just don't get all snotty about it.)  You DO something important. MJPlus won't cure cancer, but it will make someone smile as their fave song comes blaring out, thumpin' out, side to side, F*ck yea!

I have a message for Bill Ko.  I AM sorry.  But I'm not sorry for what I said, really, and certainly not for the way I wrote it. I think it was a nice rallying-source for y'all.  It was not badly written, just done in Jill-speak...NICE Jill-speak. I cannot be sorry for real sentiments, expressed while they are going on.  I didn't get personal.  THAT would be cause for an apology.  Personal is weak and low. The thing (player) did not work as easily as I wanted.  I hate that. I'm a spoiled, little sh*t, I guess.  Plus, people who figure themselves to be pretty darn technical do not react well to failed challenges in stupid media players.  I HAD to lash out at Media Player.  I didn't make the rules, Bill, I just follow 'em.

TO Bill and everyone:
I AM SO NOT SERIOUS about the previous paragraph!!! Well, I'm serious, but in the good way.   I apologize for that attitude I can have.  Hey, but what about that attitude,huh?  Pretty cheeky, don't you think?  (Cool word, "cheeky," but where the hell did THAT come from?) The attitude was not substance-induced (sh*t, I've been doing those shots this morning).  Fret not.  It doesn't happen EVERY day, just regularly enough that I can do it fairly well.

Go home.Get some slee ...NO, DON'T GET SLEEP!  You may never have this chance again.

J-
SF Bay/Oaktown
you have the email
I get the player

cheers!

leonidas

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2002, 09:44:57 am »

JimH

MHorton's been talking alot to himself lately since the aforementioned turnip truck incident {and password fiasco), but is getting better and no longer has any imaginary friends, named Gertrude or otherwise. That's why I suggest ignoring him (at least for awhile until the meds kick back in).

zevele1 -- [sp?] means "exact spelling unknown," and I'm sorry, but Lise gets first dibs on all the chocolate in this forum. Apparently the boric acid is up for grabs though if you wnat it.

I'm thinking of permanently retiring Leonides, in honor of Mr. KingSparta. Go with Horatius Cocles for awhile or back to Kitfox? Ah, hell MHorton it shall be and henceforth forever remain so.

Horatius. No. Leo, er . . . I mean . . . . Michael

leonidas

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2002, 09:51:56 am »

jillinoakland

re the last transmission from Jill

what?

[former member] -- thanks for the interesting links

Horatius Cocles -- mind your own business

JimH

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2002, 09:54:56 am »

Jill,
Lots of great writing, thanks.

One request -- this is an expletive free zone.  Real words with real meaning add a dimension often missing on the net.  So p****e take the time to find the r***t word.
Jim Hillegass

zevele1

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2002, 10:12:32 am »

Keep Leonidas ,it remains me Bruxelles and one of the best chocolat in the world
I may change my name to "sp to me ",cause it is the case on most of my post,in spite of the Service Pack Uncertain i just downloaded

Horatius Cocles was emperor when KingSparta laid the revolt,according to Pline the old?I do think i am right.He son died in Pompeus,he name was Pline the young.Nothing to do with playlist in MJ Who knows?

leonidas

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2002, 10:15:42 am »

>>>>>>>>>>Horatius Cocles was emperor when KingSparta laid the revolt

does JimH have you interpreting his nightmares again?

pliny the younger/pliny the elder

I like your way better

http://www.romansonline.com/sources/hor/hr2/LIV2_10.asp

http://digital.library.upenn.edu/women/yonge/deeds/host.html

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2002, 10:18:59 am »

MHorton

Or

Garth Brooks - Do What You Gotta Do.mp3
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

leonidas

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2002, 10:41:30 am »

KingSparta/MHorton:

Housemartins - Step Outside
Grapes of Wrath - Misunderstanding
Goo Goo Dolls - Name
54-40 - What's In A NAme
PiL - Disappointed
Ivy - Don't Blame It On yourself
Tommy Keene - Compromise
Dido - Thank You
Belle & Sebastian - There's Too Much Love

zevele1
[sp] = you spelled this word wrong--fix it
[sp?] = are you sure of this spelling?
so I just use it to mean "I'm not sure of this spelling"

good point--I think that I'll begin and end each post with that caveat

IQ10

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2002, 10:58:50 am »

MHorton wrote, "KingSparta used to frequently provide info/answers by citing a song with a relevant title. Stuff like: Confederate Railroad - When You Leave That Way You Can Never Go Back, or Neko Case & Her Boyfriends - Mood To Burn Bridges. I miss that."

Glad King is using the song name technique again.  By now he has more songs than there are words in the English dictionary.

[former member]

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2002, 11:24:52 am »

[former member]> It's funny because I didn't realize that my post in any way insinuated any interpretation at all of what jillinoakland meant by "it was over for me." I only said it was the same for everybody else.

So unless you're assuming about the meaning behind that you don't like, you ought to not put words into my mouth.

And really... does calling me Doofus make you feel better? Is it really so hard to challenge me without resorting to little potshots at my name? I mean, come on... do I REALLY need to start calling myself Stoopid Dummy Head to make it easier for you? I'd be willing to do that. For you.

Otherwise... I could have a field day with your handle.

Scronch

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2002, 11:30:30 am »

Methinks jillinoakland is IQ.

leonidas

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2002, 11:32:22 am »

jillinoakland

[former member] and Doof have a history.

[former member]

Did you or admin edit your last post? I picked those two songs purposely when I saw where you were going with the whole "captain" notion.

IQ10

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2002, 11:35:08 am »

[sp?] = are you sure of this spelling?
My spelling has become much worst (sp?) ever since I rarely use longhand (long hand?)
http://www.angelfire.com/music2/musicnut/3012.ram

[former member]

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2002, 11:35:08 am »

That's ok... I don't even know what I was trying to say with this little gem:

"So unless you're assuming about the meaning behind that you don't like, you ought to not put words into my mouth."

I think I was trying to say that he shouldn't assume anything about my meaning. It's possible that I meant precisely what he assumes jillinoakland meant when she said it. Yeah, the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that that's what I meant.

Ah, well... I guess I was just so blinded with rage over IQ25's childish name calling.

IQ10

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2002, 11:47:20 am »

ooops ... The URL to a comedic piece on spelling does not work as a link, but you can get there, I think, by adding the proper http://www.   in front of angelfire.com/music2/musicnut/3012.ram

Doof, I am sure you are a genius like everyone else here, so relax.

[former member]

leonidas

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2002, 11:49:23 am »

OK

where's Jill?

JimH said: Jill in Oakland is (probably) a woman (we don't see many/enough of this species here)

get my point?

where's Jill?

Jill?

Jill?

Jill!

Ilmar

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2002, 11:51:02 am »

Hi

I can identify with a lot of what the original writer said, maybe not how it was said.

MJ is a great tool, but like any tool you need to learn how to use it. Some software leaves you with a blind spot and complete confusion, Winamp and more especially Musicmatch Jukebox do that to me. I just cant hack them, no matter how much you persevere.

Now we get onto my seven year old son... Yaaaahh think I am going to say he works MJ a treat... Don't be silly, I wont let him near it!! - he has one playlist (made with MJ) and access to it only with Media Player, whose dowdy front end he can really appreciate. If I let him near MJ, he would reorganise my whole collection, insist on multi layered genre for everything, define amazing "Doof style" smartlists using integral calculus and quadratic equations, and then tell me how crap I am at using this great bit of software!

But IN THE FINAL ANALYSIS, I reckon the writer has too much money anyway, to spend it recklessly when a Free Trial was available, or maybe he/she is just a DUMMY...

leonidas

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2002, 12:03:19 pm »

llmar

Funny, but I repeat:
"jimH said: Jill in Oakland is (probably) a woman (we don't see many/enough of this species here)

get my point?

where's Jill?

Jill?

Jill?

Jill!

(just kidding, Jill. Liked your style--hope you stick around and post occassionally, or was that really a goodbye)

My shrink said that my constipation results from the fact that I won't let anything go; my doctor said that the result of my constipation is the fact that I can't let anything drop.

Michael
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up