INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music Duplicates!!!  (Read 2493 times)

r_user

• Recent member
Music Duplicates!!!
« on: July 09, 2014, 11:43:29 am »

I synced my music yesterday to my Galaxy Note 3. I'm still trying to figure out how to transfer my Media centre Playlists to my phone and it's not working. Anyway I pressed the sync button and realised songs were being copied AGAIN!! Then I had to manually find them and delete them on my phones memory card.

All I did was reconnect my phone since yesterday, so how come Media Centre wants to write all my files again in duplicate form?

thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Music Duplicates!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 03:15:00 pm »

I'm not sure why a file would be sent a second time.  It should have the same filename, so even if it is sent, it will overwrite the existing file.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

r_user

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 05:43:18 am »

I'm not sure why a file would be sent a second time.  It should have the same filename, so even if it is sent, it will overwrite the existing file.

Thats what amazed me, I had folders with two of every song. I couldn't understand it. Leave me cold toward this program considering this and the fact that I cannot get my playlists from MediaCentre over to my phone. Where do I go from here? Give up?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 08:35:29 am »

To sync playlists you check the playlists you want to sync in Options > Handheld.  This puts the program into sync mode (as opposed to transfer mode).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 11:54:08 am »

Sorry, I posted this in the  Media Center 19.0.152 thread but probably belongs here, since I too had the duplicate file problem along with all the things listed below. Anyway, I'm having a heck of a time trying to sync my Galaxy S4.

1. If MC is running when I connect the phone, it will not show up in the devices automatically, and I can't find any way to "refresh" the tree to force it to look for the phone. Just have to exit MC. When I launch it again, it finds the phone.

2. Some songs take several tries to complete. If it matters, my sync is set to respect DSP settings, because the phone doesn't know how to respect the volume leveling tags so I want the correct volume "burned" into the tracks. Anyway, some songs will go from 0% to 20% and then just get stuck there for minutes, after which it restarts at 2%, then 4% then 8% and it gets stuck again for minutes, after which it gives up and says "Error" and moves on to the next track.

3. Sometimes it will just take 2 seconds per track and just "Error" out every single one. When I exit and re-launch MC, it goes better, uploading most of the tracks, with the exception of some that fall into the previous case #2 above.

4. After several disconnect, reconnect, close, restart combinations and tries, I finally got it to sync all 250 mp3s. However it did NOT bring across the playlists to the phone. Is there a way to do this manually or force this to happen? Yes, other than clicking the check boxes next to the desired playlists in Options > Handheld, which is how I was trying to sync in the first place.

Cheers,
Jeff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 12:09:43 pm »

It sounds like a poor connection with the phone.

Drag playlists themselves if you want playlists.  That will include the files.

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2014, 01:36:09 am »

Thanks Jim. I've tried different cables and USB ports with varying success because I suspected that too. And I have tried dragging the playlists (instead of just checking them in the Handheld configuration options), and they have never come across on my Galaxy S4 with the latest build. They did come across on an earlier 19 build by just checking them (don't remember which build, but I know it was a "stable" one). Wait, that's not entirely true. I did try checking and syncing one playlist at a time, and with that method maybe half of the playlists came across. If it matters, before started all this, I deleted the playlists on the Galaxy via the Handheld entry in the tree before checking and/or dragging the fresh ones (with the same names as the deleted ones). Checking them has worked on my HTC Incredible though, without the need for dragging them. All using the same cables and USB ports. Any other ideas?

Cheers,
Jeff

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2014, 01:29:11 pm »

Sorry, I posted this in the  Media Center 19.0.152 thread but probably belongs here, since I too had the duplicate file problem along with all the things listed below. Anyway, I'm having a heck of a time trying to sync my Galaxy S4.

1. If MC is running when I connect the phone, it will not show up in the devices automatically, and I can't find any way to "refresh" the tree to force it to look for the phone. Just have to exit MC. When I launch it again, it finds the phone.

2. Some songs take several tries to complete. If it matters, my sync is set to respect DSP settings, because the phone doesn't know how to respect the volume leveling tags so I want the correct volume "burned" into the tracks. Anyway, some songs will go from 0% to 20% and then just get stuck there for minutes, after which it restarts at 2%, then 4% then 8% and it gets stuck again for minutes, after which it gives up and says "Error" and moves on to the next track.

3. Sometimes it will just take 2 seconds per track and just "Error" out every single one. When I exit and re-launch MC, it goes better, uploading most of the tracks, with the exception of some that fall into the previous case #2 above.

4. After several disconnect, reconnect, close, restart combinations and tries, I finally got it to sync all 250 mp3s. However it did NOT bring across the playlists to the phone. Is there a way to do this manually or force this to happen? Yes, other than clicking the check boxes next to the desired playlists in Options > Handheld, which is how I was trying to sync in the first place.

Cheers,
Jeff

Try enabling USB debugging mode on your phone.

r_user

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 02:34:54 am »

USB debugging was already enabled.

OK below are a couple of screenshots. I've since deleted my "Music" folder on my phone and copied the music back via Windows Explorer. This MediaCentre seems rubbish [sorry but it just doesn't work] because it's still showing me the old "synced" music even though it's been deleted on my phone. I don't have hours to keep wasting so I don't think I will be buying this program in it's current state. All I want is to transfer my music, keep them properly syned and create playlists so I can transfer them to my phone. This seem impossible for MediaCentre to do based on my experience.

I'm open to ideas if any exist to solve my problems, otherwise I will have no choice but walk away.

I'm getting pages of these and it takes many minutes it seems before my songs show up.

When eventually my songs show up this list shows a bunch of duplicates,

r_user

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2014, 07:13:59 am »

So no help from this forum then? I can't be the only person with this problem!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 08:28:25 am »

Did you try a search?
Pages: [1]   Go Up