INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best ripping format for capturing album cover art  (Read 1353 times)

Dunkinidaho

• Recent member
Best ripping format for capturing album cover art
« on: July 10, 2014, 12:24:54 pm »

Just wondering if there is a specific ripping format --wav aac flac etc.--that does better at capturing the cover art along with the music

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Best ripping format for capturing album cover art
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 12:32:25 pm »

flac and alac have full tagging support including imbedded cover art

wav is terrible and inconsistent with the tagging, stick with one of the other lossless.  i only use flac and alac so i can't comment on any other lossless

Dunkinidaho

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 10:01:47 am »

thanks, just getting started with JRiver and having trouble when ripping my collection. Much of the cover art won't show up. It all shows up in Windows Music Player which makes me wonder if there is something else going on since JRiver so supposed to be far superior to WMP.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 11:58:45 am »

try selecting all of your files at once, right click, cover art - quick find in file / directory
this will often populate some of them. 

next, go to playlists - smartlists - missing cover art
this will show all the files without cover art.  now select all those files, right click, cover art - get from internet

from there you can repeat and get whatever is left by pasting in found art or scanning from your CD's or whatever.

don't compare JRiver to WMP, they are barely the same type of program.  JRiver is far better in every way but it does have a somewhat steeper learning curve

Dunkinidaho

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 11:06:18 am »

try selecting all of your files at once, right click, cover art - quick find in file / directory
this will often populate some of them. 

next, go to playlists - smartlists - missing cover art
this will show all the files without cover art.  now select all those files, right click, cover art - get from internet

from there you can repeat and get whatever is left by pasting in found art or scanning from your CD's or whatever.

don't compare JRiver to WMP, they are barely the same type of program.  JRiver is far better in every way but it does have a somewhat steeper learning curve

The issue I am having with the cover art should be so simple to correct. It isn't me, it's the software. I, anyone, should be able to correct the issue with a simple drag and drop movement. That function is not available. Instead it seems it would involve several steps which is a waste of time IMHO. I have a simpler way.

brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up