INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [request] Persistent History  (Read 1010 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
[request] Persistent History
« on: July 14, 2014, 02:17:17 pm »

It would be really nice if Media Center kept a persistent list of actions you have done, so that changes can be undone even after restarting the application.

I'm so used to this in programs like Adobe's Lightroom, which stores a persistent history of every edit you make to every single image.
Even my web browser keeps things persistent across sessions now.

When there are actions in Media Center, such as creating new views in Gizmo, that require you to restart Media Center, it seems like this would be a good improvement to the user experience.

Situations like this could have been avoided entirely if the tagging command could have been undone after restarting MC.

A minor change that would also help, would be to place the Undo and Redo options at the top of the Edit menu - where every other application always puts them.

When confirming that you can undo tagging changes before posting in that topic, it took me a moment to realize that they were near the bottom of the list rather than at the top - since they are the most important edit commands.

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
Re: [request] Persistent History
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 03:33:36 pm »

It makes sense to me to push them to the top of the edit menu.  You're right, it seems most other programs have them there.
Adam Thompson, JRiver
Pages: [1]   Go Up