INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 228493 times)

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature requests
« Reply #650 on: July 09, 2015, 04:10:11 pm »

"Clean" HTPC display.

Ability to have the UI stay minimised after a video has stopped playing, alternatively allow a server-only instance to be able to bring up Display View in the correct zone when a video starts playing.

packux

• Recent member
« Reply #651 on: July 10, 2015, 01:14:12 am »

Possibility to import/export DSP plugin configuration individually.

The main Use Case for this (at least in my case) would be for exporting PEQ and convolution configurations and re-using them in different zones, so that we don't have to copy paste changes between stereo/multi-ch. zones.

flac.rules

« Reply #652 on: July 10, 2015, 05:39:12 am »

The ability to shift subtitles further down than 30%, many movies are 1:2.35 I want to use the black bar area to show subtitles on a 16:9 display.

masterjoe

• World Citizen
« Reply #653 on: July 10, 2015, 05:52:32 am »

- Add easy Amazon Instant Video Access with auto-login feature.

- Integrate the video player into MC media server (the one without the full GUI) which will display fullscreen videos when delegated via another DLNA control point.

- Add multi-language support (adjustable) for metadata fetching from video info sites like tvdb.

klweds

• Recent member
« Reply #654 on: July 10, 2015, 08:43:46 am »

Filetype-specific DSP settings please!

Right now multiple zones and Zone Switch rules are being used as a poor hack to enable filetype-specific DSP.

Want videos to play in Night Mode? Create a fake zone.
Want DSD to be bitstreamed? Create another fake zone. (Just to get all music to play in its native format!)
Want MP3s to be played with a certain VST? Create yet another fake zone.

It shouldn't be so cumbersome to play files in the desired way. And Zone Switch doesn't even work for playlists with mixed content.

The need for filetype-based DSP was obvious when Zone Switch was announced and floated as a possibility back then: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76605.msg519700#msg519700
. It's still sorely missing...

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #655 on: July 10, 2015, 08:55:18 am »

Filetype-specific DSP settings please!

Right now multiple zones and Zone Switch rules are being used as a poor hack to enable filetype-specific DSP.

Want videos to play in Night Mode? Create a fake zone.
Want DSD to be bitstreamed? Create another fake zone. (Just to get all music to play in its native format!)
Want MP3s to be played with a certain VST? Create yet another fake zone.

It shouldn't be so cumbersome to play files in the desired way. And Zone Switch doesn't even work for playlists with mixed content.

The need for filetype-based DSP was obvious when Zone Switch was announced and floated as a possibility back then: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76605.msg519700#msg519700
. It's still sorely missing...

This is actually a feature since MC20. You can save DSP presets and then apply the "DSP" tag to all your files, telling MC which preset to load.
Also, one of your examples (DSD bitstreaming) doesn't even need a zone, you can just set DSD to bitstream, and all other files will play natively.

You can find more info here on the forums.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

kstich

• Recent member
« Reply #656 on: July 10, 2015, 08:58:56 am »

I have a few feature requests:

- true blu ray support. I have moved playing of all files over to MC now except blu ray discs. I could get rid of any/every other player with built in blu ray support. I know it will play decoded video files note but a built in decided/decrypter would be awesome.

- improvements to theater view. I personally have never really used this interface because I find it cumbersome. I vastly found the windows media center interface better and same for XBMC. This area could use some help.

- better support for file/disc lookups. Sometimes the information is displayed perfectly when I have the disc in the drive, but for some reason when I too a disc it goes to a different screen. About half the time the lookup there fails to find the same information or none at all. The imported info if not the same as when the disc was first imported. Something good could be done here.

- support for video file collections/renaming. As in, grouping a set of shows is a series, then a season, and having episode summaries from external lookups. This is a great feature in XBMC. This should work with downloaded content and recorded "live" TV.

- bit torrent plugin. This could be tied into the above

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #657 on: July 10, 2015, 09:08:58 am »

Sidecar files for SACD ISO metadata.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #658 on: July 10, 2015, 10:05:00 am »

Will MC21 show upgrades in the theater view dept, perhaps on par to Kodi (formly xbmc)?

I pretty much use MC20 to serve movies to the other parts of my house, just wish the theater view user interface was spruced up some.

Thanks
TC

matey

« Reply #659 on: July 10, 2015, 10:55:30 am »

I'd like to see the Services feature support user created plugins using XML. Therefore, as a new service becomes available I can write a configuration in XML that includes the media links, etc. something similar to how Kodi (xbmc) enables service plugins, but without the ugly multi step interface to use them. This way I can add local streaming feeds of my favourite TV channels from their websites, with the potential to support password authorization that many are adding.

Magoo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #660 on: July 10, 2015, 11:35:03 am »

MC21 Feature Requests:

Milkdrop2 Viz native Support

Vu Meters

Better handling of Switching User Accounts, something simpler and not buried in the menu's.

Sesam

• World Citizen
« Reply #661 on: July 10, 2015, 11:52:03 am »

What I would like to see:

- In detail view, make it possible to have a larger thumbnail image.
- Built-in ISO reading (so there is no need for external software to mount DVD/Blu-ray movie iso's)
- Sidecar xml saving for .iso files (or tagging the actual .iso files)
- Blu-ray Menu support
- Complete overhaul of Theater View and it's skinning features, and make a new nice looking default skin

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen
« Reply #662 on: July 10, 2015, 12:41:29 pm »

Wow so many new ideas.   Don't forget all my current ideas on pages 13    :)    HERE  and below.  

MC21 I would guess for some of the ideas.

And I still have hope for a cover art automatic slide show based off the current playing tracks album folder. When the track changes it checks to see if its the same album/folder/sub image folder, if not then it changes to the new tracks image folder.  Maybe also offer option to inc sub image folders.

All based from the right click context menus you get at present to set cover art and the rotated reflection effect.  Plus also inc the slideshow option to use the great rotated reflection effect.  And set quality options inc smoothness etc for better GPU's.

update:
This could also have options to change the speed of transition, not just one but two options here. Long and short transition times and a chaos factor option as well to mix up between long and short image transitions.

And a wave form seek bar/scrub window ( 'soundcloud' type waveform seekbar).  Not separate by default but enabled to fit (dock) nicely above the playlist buttons in standard view (just below cover art)  or for that matter just above the cover art, or anywhere on the standard view (maybe). This could if one wanted to replacing the timeline altogether (optional),  replacing with a waveform seek/scrub section.  

With quality/graphics options to optimise and refine for those with more gpu power.  Smoothing, anti-aliasing to the point it almost looks soft focus.  You know, just good graphics ideas we could build on.

And VU meters.  I use http://www.lsraudio.com/lvlmeter.html and set it to process when viewed. Works ok but it would be really good to be able to detach VTS UI like this and embed in the standard view layout anywhere, like docking.  So it could always be there.  Option to add maybe 2-3 VST UI's around the standard view.  A really good visual style could then be made using your most used VST's. No need to open the DSP window if your most used and adjusted VST's are able to detach and dock into the standard view.  

Stereo VU's would be one good use.  Most VST UI's look really good I think.  Maybe they could scale (maybe) and embed in the UI anywhere.
Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

Ricren

• Recent member
« Reply #663 on: July 10, 2015, 01:38:27 pm »

The ability to shift subtitles further down than 30%, many movies are 1:2.35 I want to use the black bar area to show subtitles on a 16:9 display.

+1 on this. This is a big one for me. Please let us put the subtitles on the black bars where it belongs, not on the movie.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #664 on: July 10, 2015, 02:21:36 pm »

Will MC21 show upgrades in the theater view dept, perhaps on par to Kodi (formly xbmc)?

I pretty much use MC20 to serve movies to the other parts of my house, just wish the theater view user interface was spruced up some.

Thanks
TC

This comes up a lot, and I agree that the UI needs some improvements - but ask 10 different people around here how Theater View should look/feel and you will get 10 different answers.  If you really want improvements, it would be better to point to the specific things that should be changed in the existing UI.  If you want them to 'toss it out and start over', I don't think that is in the cards for the near future.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #665 on: July 10, 2015, 02:26:28 pm »

This comes up a lot, and I agree that the UI needs some improvements - but ask 10 different people around here how Theater View should look/feel and you will get 10 different answers.  If you really want improvements, it would be better to point to the specific things that should be changed in the existing UI.  If you want them to 'toss it out and start over', I don't think that is in the cards for the near future.
Well said.  If we thought there was agreement, _and_ we thought it was an improvement, we'd probably do it.  But the comments are usually lacking specifics.

lobo85

• World Citizen
« Reply #666 on: July 10, 2015, 02:28:51 pm »

How about 705.6/768 kHz upsampling as there are DAC's being released that are capable of these sample rates (Such as the ifi iDSD micro or ifi Retro Stereo 50). The current limit is 352.8/384 kHz.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #667 on: July 10, 2015, 03:03:14 pm »

Just upgraded to 21... Please consider refreshing libraries from clients AUTOMATICALLY on a daily or at the minimum weekly basis for those of us who have authentication/sync changes to server disabled... as discussed here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=95099.new;topicseen#new

This comes up a lot, and I agree that the UI needs some improvements - but ask 10 different people around here how Theater View should look/feel and you will get 10 different answers.  If you really want improvements, it would be better to point to the specific things that should be changed in the existing UI.  If you want them to 'toss it out and start over', I don't think that is in the cards for the near future.
please move clock down a tad, or allow us to disable it from showing as mentioned/shown here - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98564.msg681531#msg681531

Thank You.

flac.rules

« Reply #668 on: July 10, 2015, 03:03:44 pm »

I think the team should at least take notice that this request actually comes up a lot, from a lot of different people. Not everybody is a programmer or designer and can in a good way say specifically what is needed, that however doesn't mean they shouldn't be listened to. And specifics have been posted many times, and making specific requests takes work, think of it from the user perspective, first suggest a general thing, then if the developers seems to be interested, its a higher chance the user will also start to put down the work to come up with specifics.

However i agree, different people will give different answers on the look, therefore the place to start seems to the skinning/customizing abilities, the competition is frankly a good bit ahead of MC in this regard. (at the very least from a user perspective)

Sesam

• World Citizen
« Reply #669 on: July 10, 2015, 03:13:24 pm »

Just upgraded to 21... Please consider refreshing libraries from clients AUTOMATICALLY on a daily or at the minimum weekly basis for those of us who have authentication/sync changes to server disabled... as discussed here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=95099.new;topicseen#new

+1 how did I forget about this, it is the biggest issue I have with MC. I think the clients should frequently be refreshing the library (not talking about days but minutes).

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #670 on: July 10, 2015, 03:25:28 pm »

+1 how did I forget about this, it is the biggest issue I have with MC. I think the clients should frequently be refreshing the library (not talking about days but minutes).

They do if you check the box that says "Auto Sync with Server."  My clients usually see new material on the server within about a minute.  If you've unchecked the box you've specifically told the program not to automatically sync.

rammingspeed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #671 on: July 10, 2015, 03:58:35 pm »

First off, I am more of a video / TV user of JRiver than audio, so my requests are about video.

1.) Automatic download of season / series / episode cover art for RECORDED TV shows and movies.

2.) The current EPG options are inadequate for my needs.  The standard "Auto" guide has good program detail and decent genre information, but no season / episode numbers.  The only option with season / episode numbers appears to be Zap2It, but it has horrible genre options and mediocre program descriptions. 
Now for the request.  For programs scheduled to record, lookup in TVDB (or similar) to find and match episode names to season / episode numbers.   Optionally do the lookup and match AFTER the program is recorded and then add the info to the library & tags and also rename the file to include the season / episode numbers.

3.) Ability to correct / lookup cover art from a client PC and add it to the server library.

4.) Improve matching logic that determines if a show has been previously recorded.  If I have 3 criteria and 2 show a match, should it be considered a match?  I'm not clear on how the current logic works, so I may be off base on this, but I think it could benefit from a bit more 'fuzzy' logic.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #672 on: July 10, 2015, 04:09:40 pm »

They do if you check the box that says "Auto Sync with Server."  My clients usually see new material on the server within about a minute.  If you've unchecked the box you've specifically told the program not to automatically sync.

some of us do NOT and WILL NOT turn on authentication for reasons mentioned in detail here - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=95099.new;topicseen#new

With all do respect this is MY request, and I'd appreciate MY request staying on topic, and read literally.
thank you.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #673 on: July 10, 2015, 04:28:23 pm »

some of us do NOT and WILL NOT turn on authentication for reasons mentioned in detail here - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=95099.new;topicseen#new

I wasn't replying to you, your request makes sense, and I agree that better support for "read only" client server would be good. 

I was replying to the fellow I quoted who wants updates every minute and probably doesn't realize it's already available in the program.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #674 on: July 10, 2015, 04:34:28 pm »

I wasn't replying to you, your request makes sense, and I agree that better support for "read only" client server would be good.

I was replying to the fellow I quoted who wants updates every minute and probably doesn't realize it's already available in the program.
my apologies... our family has desired this for quite some time. and I wanted to convey the importance to us.
I misunderstood you.

JTB3

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Feature requests (Google Play Music Integration)
« Reply #675 on: July 10, 2015, 05:01:44 pm »

Google Play Music integration (see original thread at http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75111.msg508990#msg508990)

This capability has been offered by MANY 3rd party apps (both official and unofficial) including:

Specifically I'd like to see the following MC/Google Play capabilities:
  a) Ability to Upload selected MC music + playlists to my Google Play Music library.
  b) View my Google Play Music Library + Playlists from within the tree structure of MC
  c) (of course) Streaming any Google Play music file or playlist
  d) Google Play Music Album Art support

This is really relevant now for the following reasons:
  1) Google Play Music now supports 50,000 free user library uploads!!
  2) This way one is not forced out of MC to manage and play from our Google Cloud collection
  3) This would provide a much-needed ability to selectively upload Google Play playlists that are not a part of WMP.
  4) Keeps JR MC relevant in a rapidly changing media player world!

-JT

cycler2

• Recent member
« Reply #676 on: July 10, 2015, 05:03:41 pm »

Please add a "pause" button to the JRiver thumbnail when placed on the taskbar.  I would find this handy, as may other users, when not using the mini view. BTW, Foobar 2000 has this button.  A volume control on the thumbnail would also be welcome.
Thanks for considering this.
Rich

JTB3

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
MC21 Feature Requests: (Google Play Music Integration)
« Reply #677 on: July 10, 2015, 05:06:52 pm »

I didn't see any other specific feature-request threads for MC21, so I'm starting one here (feel free to move this).

Add Google Play Music integration (see past thread at http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75111.msg508990#msg508990)

This capability has been offered by MANY 3rd party apps (both official and unofficial) including:

Specifically I'd like to see the following MC/Google Play capabilities:
  a) Ability to Upload selected MC music + playlists to my Google Play Music library.
  b) View my Google Play Music Library + Playlists from within the tree structure of MC
  c) (of course) Streaming any Google Play music file or playlist
  d) Google Play Music Album Art support

This is really relevant now for the following reasons:
  1) Google Play Music now supports 50,000 free user library uploads!!
  2) This way one is not forced out of MC to manage and play from our Google Cloud collection
  3) This would provide a much-needed ability to selectively upload Google Play playlists that are not a part of WMP.
  4) Keeps JR MC relevant in a rapidly changing media player world!

-JT

klweds

• Recent member
« Reply #678 on: July 10, 2015, 05:14:44 pm »

This is actually a feature since MC20. You can save DSP presets and then apply the "DSP" tag to all your files, telling MC which preset to load.
Also, one of your examples (DSD bitstreaming) doesn't even need a zone, you can just set DSD to bitstream, and all other files will play natively.

You can find more info here on the forums.

Thanks for the response. I was unaware and have done the reading. But my request stands. This current solution (tagging all my files?!) is just another cumbersome hack.

Zone Switch and DSP Studio need to be combined into a single "Playback Rules Editor". It's really that simple imho.

This way everything can be seen and modified at once. Then everyone can play things in whatever manner and/or location they wish. No presets to keep track of, just a prioritized list of rules that govern what MC does with a file.

And of course a global DSP default that MC gracefully falls back to when no applicable rule is present.

View filters and Smart Playlists already treat files in this granular and conditional way. It's natural that playback should be handled similarly.

SpeedD408

• World Citizen
« Reply #679 on: July 10, 2015, 05:36:42 pm »

"APPEARANCE - This is a tough area since people see things so differently, but we're committed to improving the interface."

Ok, I'll say it, I really like the screen shots I've see of Kodi.  When I look at the the pictures of the user interface, JRiver looks kind of sad.  I know it's just my opinion.  Well, I'm voting with my $$ and I've just renewed my MC Master License.  So while I may be married to JRiver, the window shopping is very attractive.

Also, HDHomeRun is building their own DVR function.  It would be great if MC would tap into that as well (Kodi will have access).

Here is to dreaming...
Media PC: Ryzen 3900X, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero, 16GB RAM, Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0, NVidia 1070 GPU
Software: JRiver MC 26.0.22, AnyDVD HD 8.4.4.0
Audio Processor: Lynx AES16e (FW: 14.1) w/ Aurora 16-VT (FW: 31)
Amp: Emotiva MPS-2
Speakers: Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers w/RAAL & Horizon w/RAAL and Sierra-2's as surrounds
Sub: Dual Rythmik Audio FV15HP
TV Tuner: HD HomeRun Prime

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #680 on: July 10, 2015, 08:25:03 pm »

What I would like to see:

- In detail view, make it possible to have a larger thumbnail image.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "Detail View", but for example in Standard View, with most subheadings under Audio selected, this function already exists.

Take a look near the top right corner in Standard View, under the search box, to the right of the Links. There is a slider that adjusts the thumbnail sizes.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

David dP

• Recent member
« Reply #681 on: July 11, 2015, 07:42:42 am »

A way to use the TV card's integrated FM tuner from within MC (including the theater view !) would be awesome...

Here's why :
1- For all daily purposes, I only use the Theater View (or Gizmo or EOS).
2- OTA (DVB) TV is usually much better audio/video quality that internet TV (here in France, at least), and having to go to a different software (if not hardware...) instead of being able to use the FM tuner integrated in the TV card is just a waste.

That alone would be a definitive yes to MC21 for me !
Anyone else ?

Bizarroterl

• World Citizen
« Reply #682 on: July 11, 2015, 03:40:15 pm »

Theater View -
If all episodes of the TV Series have been watched display a watched check for that series in the list views.
Ditto for Seasons.

Denti

« Reply #683 on: July 11, 2015, 06:23:00 pm »

Please allow the [Name] field to function the same way it does in Standard View (returning the "category" of that level) also in Theater View. In Standard View it functions as a special field that seems to process a whole set of data. Can you either allow it to function this way in Theater View or create a separate field that does the same thing for Theater View. Thanks!

For reference: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97418.0

justsomeguy

« Reply #684 on: July 11, 2015, 07:06:56 pm »

I started a thread about this request already but it appear this is the "official" feature request thread so I'm putting it here as well.

There needs to be a better way of restricting content on remotes likes gizmo or jremote. Currently the only option is to set the server to a user account with access to only certain files. Problem is then adults can only watch cartoons on remotes as well. You should be able to select a user account on each remote so each user has access to the appropriate content. This is already possible on full MC clients on pc just not on remotes.

I've already purchased my mc21 upgrade weather this is added or not but I have my fingers crossed.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #685 on: July 11, 2015, 11:43:20 pm »

Please allow the [Name] field to function the same way it does in Standard View (returning the "category" of that level) also in Theater View. In Standard View it functions as a special field that seems to process a whole set of data. Can you either allow it to function this way in Theater View or create a separate field that does the same thing for Theater View. Thanks!

For reference: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97418.0

Hi Denti.

Would you be willing to spell this one out in a little more detail?  I'm struggling to follow.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Harroun4

• World Citizen
« Reply #686 on: July 12, 2015, 07:09:18 am »

Under the Menu "Tools" and "Cover Art" please add the item to open the users photo program with the selected image to allow editing the image. This can be a real time saver for those scanning images that need a little cropping and usually rotate 90 degrees.

On a similar line, please add the ability to save and display back album covers. To put the icing on the cake, for boxed sets, a separate image for the box cover.

Thanks and regards, Harroun
Bangkok

A.K.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #687 on: July 12, 2015, 07:41:42 am »

Audiobook (or other similar albums that have multiple cd's without any specific track names) ripping ”mode” where artist, album, track name and other fields are set once (e.g. "Remember or Lock fields" or something like that), and when the next cd is inserted, previously set fields are copied with counting cd number with leading zero, and/or with leading tracknumber.

Example of single image ripping:

Artist name: ”Mark Twain”
Album name: ”Adventures of Huckleberry Finn”
Year: ”1885”
Genre: ”audiobook”

Resulting filenames would be: Adventures of Huckleberry Finn CD 01.mp3, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn CD 02.mp3 etc.

Or:  01. Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.mp3, 02. Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.mp3 etc.

PS. Option to not include accompanying cue files when using single image ripping method.

Less folder structure and filename cleaning, and typing.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #688 on: July 12, 2015, 07:42:09 am »

MC also has image editing tools.  Right click, edit image.

Denti

« Reply #689 on: July 12, 2015, 07:44:55 am »

Hi Denti.

Would you be willing to spell this one out in a little more detail?  I'm struggling to follow.

Thanks.

Matt,
I think member 6233638 does it better than I could here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97418.msg682375#msg682375

Also, check out some of my examples (with screen caps) here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97418.msg672592#msg672592

Thanks for looking into this!!

Denti

« Reply #690 on: July 12, 2015, 07:56:41 am »

Matt,

Another way to talk about this is to explain what I would like to be able to do:

- Theater View
- Sort and display using ;-delimiter (potential for more than one artist per album, sorted and grouped by each one)
- Sort by manually populated "last name first" field
- Display [Artist] (with ;-delimited functioning properly)

I would think this would be an appealing way to sort, display, and browse one's collection, and am surprised it's simply not possible.

User Arindelle expresses the problem best:

If Glynor of all people (compliment intended, not a slight Smiley ) thinks this can't be fixed (ie sorting on lastname first and displaying on firstname lastname for multiple artists, composers etc) that's pretty concerning to me. Arguably, this affects a lot more people than tweaking something to let model X Hauppage tv tuner work correctly or somebody's 15k$ monitor screen resolution. (please do not take this the wrong way - I'm in no way belittling the effort that has gone into TV and the 4K issues ....I just think the UI and the database are what affects the majority of users directly or indirectly -- especially theater and related "remote" modes based on category views)

Denti's problem is not isolated. It is also my problem as well as a bunch (20+) of people which I know that do not use this forum but bug me on teamviewer all the time, and again, arguably represent a better demographic of users than people who are vocal on this forum -- IMO of course).

(Original post here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97647.msg675328#msg675328)

flac.rules

« Reply #691 on: July 12, 2015, 09:49:13 am »

Better remote/control options:

-Ability to add keyboard commands consisting of several key-presses, not just a single one in the remote menu.
-Easier custom keyboard-shortcuts
-Ability to activate MCC-commands directly in the remote-options, as a command.
- The ability to add conditionals to commands, the same way as for instance the zone-switch-function.

Harroun4

• World Citizen
« Reply #692 on: July 12, 2015, 11:18:14 am »

Jim.
Thanks, I find in the folder where the images are stored right click can get to the "paint" program. But where I see the need to edit is right after scanning and before the ripping process. For my DVD's and BD's I have to rotate and do any cropping and small angle adjustment first. This works much better with Adobe Photo shop. The standard size scanner requires the album cover from these disc's to be laid out vertically. thus the need to make the adjustments early.

If done afterwards, then have to modify afterwards and then reload into all the tracks.

Regards, Harroun

Harroun4

• World Citizen
« Reply #693 on: July 12, 2015, 11:31:42 am »

One more item. It looks like I have managed to "lock" one play list and now will display both CDA and Main types together. The instructions show a "lock" button at the top of the window, and I remember seeing it before but not is gone. At the top of the "Play lists" right click shows to lock or unlock all children. But this seems to have no effect. If I select unlock, it works on the list, but nothing is changed. The option still shows unlock only.

I have a set of smart lists that specify both Limit database to: "Main" and "CD" which does what I describe above, I use this to keep the databases between the two lists synchronized.

But the list I am complaining about is not set this way.

Regards, Harroun

jdubs

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #694 on: July 12, 2015, 11:33:07 am »

Would LOVE to see in-built measurement software that then (automatically) feeds into the parametric eq functionality.  Phase correction would be amazing, too!

Something like mwillems amazing guide - but built-in:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87538.0

-Jim

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #695 on: July 12, 2015, 12:09:09 pm »

One more item. It looks like I have managed to "lock" one play list and now will display both CDA and Main types together. The instructions show a "lock" button at the top of the window, and I remember seeing it before but not is gone. At the top of the "Play lists" right click shows to lock or unlock all children. But this seems to have no effect. If I select unlock, it works on the list, but nothing is changed. The option still shows unlock only.

I have a set of smart lists that specify both Limit database to: "Main" and "CD" which does what I describe above, I use this to keep the databases between the two lists synchronized.

But the list I am complaining about is not set this way.

Regards, Harroun
Please start a thread for this.

locust

« Reply #696 on: July 12, 2015, 12:39:49 pm »

Detachable tagging window would be nice or perhaps allowing to detach the whole action window since tagging belongs inside it

locust

« Reply #697 on: July 12, 2015, 12:53:30 pm »

Another one that just popped into my head.

Better seekbar functionality. When you move the mouse over the seekbar the little thing right at the front, I'm not sure what you call it would follow your mouse cursor around. A little bubble would appear below it with the exact duration of the song allowing very precise seeking, further advancements could be if a video is playing a preview image of the video at that duration (or closest frame) could be included in the bubble.

Denti

« Reply #698 on: July 12, 2015, 02:01:54 pm »

Allow ignoring diacritical marks when sorting!!!

And be sure ß sorts as "ss"

Alternately: allow users to set how letters with diacritical marks are sorted.

Currently they get dumped to the end of the alphabet, which is not right.

rammingspeed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #699 on: July 12, 2015, 02:44:01 pm »

Well said.  If we thought there was agreement, _and_ we thought it was an improvement, we'd probably do it.  But the comments are usually lacking specifics.
Here's one specific.  In the current Theater view, the ability to re-arrange menu items is hampered by the fact that the Core commands (22001) are tied to the menu items being specifically where the default system has them.  If you move the menu items around, the core commands no longer work.  This cripples certain remote control functions.   
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up