INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 228497 times)

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature requests
« Reply #250 on: August 06, 2014, 05:47:56 pm »

I'd prefer the option to customize the template used for tooltips.

rossop

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #251 on: August 06, 2014, 06:24:40 pm »

Ability to use DSP through Media Network & be able to turn it on/off. It would be nice to be able to stream audio sites like Spotify & Pandora

Lonx

• Recent member
« Reply #252 on: August 06, 2014, 07:47:38 pm »

I'd like to see some improvements to the DSP Section:
- Make the Parametric Equalizer Tab a generic effect that can be added multiple times. I'd like to have a seperate List of EQs for different "topics", so I'd add the Room Correction for the Subwoofer in "Parametric Equalizer 1", adjust the Crossovers and similiar Eqs in a seperate Tab for each of my Speakers. I'd end up with 8-9 organized tabs instead of squashing it all in 2 tabs.
- Let the user copy and paste entries of the Parametric Equalizer
- Enable Multiselection for entries of the Parametric Equalizer
- Give us the option to save and load the content of the Paremtric Equalizer in a documented format, so that I can write tools to ease the import process over manually entering every entry. (~10Eqs per Speaker alone for Room Correction)
- Though I know it's technically "incorrect", give us the option to define the slope of the shelving filters in db/oct. Q is the correct way, but tools like REW work with the db/oct system and having to calculate the correct q is tedious.
- Give us a way to define the number of output channels and the format independently. I would want to say I've got n channels, up/downmix to format x and then let me map the signals to the speakers. The current solution with Channel Options like "5.1 channels (inside 7.1 channel container)" feels like a dirty hack to me. What if i want 6.1 in a 7.1 channel container? I'd like more flexibility here.

I would really appreciate a WDM Driver and a loopthrough of the inputs of the output device for the JRiver ASIO Driver, so I could make measurements with ASIO and JRiver DSPs active.

+1... this is one of my main pain points with JRiver! Particularly being able to import pEQ settings from the output of REW. The other suggested features would be fantastic...

« Reply #253 on: August 06, 2014, 08:59:48 pm »

Remember Standard/Alternate Display Text mode on a per-view basis?
E.g. Standard display text in Standard View, alternate display text in Mini View.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90857.msg624316

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #254 on: August 06, 2014, 10:08:41 pm »

This has bugged me for a long long time. I'd like MC to be smarter when a file is opened from outside MC, to be opened by MC. If this action causes MC to be launched MC should realise, somehow, that it was because a file was opened from Windows, whether that file is in the library or not (most likely not).
This usually means that the user wants to play that file right now, for whatever reason. I really do not want MC to start installing a new version of the software (regardless of my settings), or complain that the default library is not reachable, because the server is off or has crashed. I just want to play the video/song/photo that I double-clicked in Windows, happily thinking that in a few seconds my friends will be enjoying my media in this amazing app that I can't shut up about.
Is there any possibility of something like that being implemented?

« Reply #255 on: August 06, 2014, 10:32:58 pm »

Related to the above, if I double-click a media file when MC is closed, the program launches but the file does not open/play. Every other program on my system handles this correctly.

I have previously requested that we could specify the zone which files opened via Explorer play to. I don't want them playing to my standard audio/video zones.

If I'm launching a video via Explorer, it's because I want to quickly check its contents without interrupting anything else on the system.

This means launching into a zone other than my standard video zone (don't modify the playlist) using Red October Standard (low latency compared to how madVR is normally configured) with a DirectSound output. (non-exclusive, plays to the currently selected audio device)

Which reminds me - could we have the "play to [zone]" function override any Zone Switch rules?
If I'm specifically selecting a zone I want something played to, rather than just hitting play, I meant it.

MikeThin

« Reply #256 on: August 06, 2014, 11:00:31 pm »

I'd like to see some improvements to the DSP Section:
- Make the Parametric Equalizer Tab a generic effect that can be added multiple times. I'd like to have a seperate List of EQs for different "topics"
- Let the user copy and paste entries of the Parametric Equalizer
- Enable Multiselection for entries of the Parametric Equalizer
- Give us the option to save and load the content of the Paremtric Equalizer in a documented format, so that I can write tools to ease the import process over manually entering every entry. (~10Eqs per Speaker alone for Room Correction)
- Though I know it's technically "incorrect", give us the option to define the slope of the shelving filters in db/oct. Q is the correct way, but tools like REW work with the db/oct system and having to calculate the correct q is tedious.

I would really appreciate a WDM Driver and a loopthrough of the inputs of the output device for the JRiver ASIO Driver, so I could make measurements with ASIO and JRiver DSPs active.

I'd love to see the above, too!

Show

« Reply #257 on: August 07, 2014, 02:08:41 am »

This is not so much a feature request, but a very simple suggestion for those of us who like to compare older and newer versions and have multiple versions installed. Can we have an icon that is slightly different with each new version, so I can differentiate MC 19, 18, 17, etc. I can do it myself, but I am a lazy man.

pitzaman

• Recent member
« Reply #258 on: August 07, 2014, 02:26:59 am »

It will be great if I'll be able to connect with my Picasa pictures (Google+)

rattosecond

• Recent member
« Reply #259 on: August 07, 2014, 02:31:05 am »

Please please please

add voice command via the JRemote app

thank you!!!!

Castius

« Reply #260 on: August 07, 2014, 03:00:41 am »

Please add option to remove delete from theater view.
Thanks!!

Smoothwalker

• Recent member
« Reply #261 on: August 07, 2014, 03:09:43 am »

Please add good support for high dpi displays (200-300dpi). I guess this will become very important.

SimonT

• Recent member
Re: Feature requests (Google Play Music)
« Reply #262 on: August 07, 2014, 03:23:24 am »

Would still like to see Google Play Music integrated, original thread at http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75111.msg508990#msg508990.

Keep up the great work.

jordan.1990

« Reply #263 on: August 07, 2014, 03:28:22 am »

Please add a method to quickly enable certain functions like DSP crossfeeding. I often use headphones and it would be nice to be able to turn this on without having to go into the dsp manager every time.

robcentola

• Recent member
« Reply #264 on: August 07, 2014, 05:48:34 am »

1. DSP over DLNA

2. Qobuz integration.

I would be a happy camper.

abartels

« Reply #265 on: August 07, 2014, 06:01:21 am »

Please implement DVD-Audio ISO playback support.

Is it possible to implement a volume control tab on Gizmo, instead of using the hardware volume buttons on phone?

Regards,
Alex Bartels

lrs246

« Reply #266 on: August 07, 2014, 06:35:17 am »

DLNA Auto Config please!!

lrs246

« Reply #267 on: August 07, 2014, 06:38:34 am »

Streaming  audio sites like Slacker, Spotify & Pandora

audioriver

« Reply #268 on: August 07, 2014, 07:10:20 am »

1. UI

a) please make a better and more customizable Mini View. It has been severely limited recently with the 'Customize Display' options stripped off. Scrolling text also died quietly, never got any feedback on that.

b) A tray icon with more info and perhaps cover art on mouse hover while playing would be great.

c) I know MC is complex but sometimes it behaves unusually and in a way of its own, for example when exit (or Alt+F4) is selected we are taken to the previous view/mode instead of actually quitting/exiting. The request is to make the UI a bit more OS-compliant and a bit less "independent". My wording is probably inadequate but I'm sure you know what I mean.

2. TV

a) OTA EPG

b) A fix for the long-standing satellite switching problem.

c) a fully customizable/exportable TV Channel list.

3. A fix for the YouTube player weird options: "keep using this answer" actually never works, at least not for "Play the file inside the player".

Keep up the good work and sorry if any of these has already been fixed/changed - also looking forward to the WDM driver.
Windows 10 Pro x64

ead1

• Recent member
« Reply #269 on: August 07, 2014, 07:27:17 am »

1) Better DSD handling, just like KORG and others, to have better quality

2) Better CUE files handling, so I won't have "double items", both the files in the CUE and the WAVE itself

3) FASTER program and less memory and resource hug

4) single easy to use "drag and drop" just like in foobar2000, so I just drop my files and play, and it add only the music files, and in the order of the files in the dir itself in windows

5) OK this is a long shoot, but still, have a "pre-config" ready for best sound quality for DAC's, so if I have Benchmark Dac2, it will pre-config it without me need to touch anything!!! (I could change, but by defaults it will be good enough)

6) Will think of some more ... ;)

RichB

• Recent member
  • Oppo Beta Group
« Reply #270 on: August 07, 2014, 07:34:58 am »

Just pre-ordered MC20 for an upgrade. I hope the team will include features like

1. 'Pure Mode' (by-passing all DSP from linking and processing for direct and optimized for high performance audio playback system). I love how MC can do a lot of things with playback but I still miss the days when player only read content and play. Many audiophiles would be appreciated for this purist approach.

I would also like a "Pure Mode" that disables all processing but also has an option to deliver the native bit-depth.
This can be accomplished via playback Zones but the iPad app does not track them well and the setup would be greatly simplified.

Thanks,

Rich

rwwear

• Recent member
« Reply #271 on: August 07, 2014, 08:07:33 am »

I would like to have "Search" in Theater View and a Back to button for what's playing in Standard View when looking at other files.

PatBCN

• Recent member
« Reply #272 on: August 07, 2014, 08:10:47 am »

Hi,

Thanks for a great software. Newbie on 19, coming from years of MediaMonkey and Mediaportal.

I am more of an audio user.

Couple of things that I did not managed to configure and I would like to see in 20:
  • Modify the autoplay on startup: Actually it starts on the last playlist on closure. I would like to have the option to start on defined playlist, that way jriver won't restart on last night movie but on a music playlist
  • The Auto-DJ of MediaMonkey: Keep the music playing after the current playlist has finished - It could be defined to play from the whole library or from a specific playlist
  • Bomb rating of MediaMonkey: Rate a track as "-1" to indicate you dislike it and for easy removal later on
  • A quick way to request "Play this album": Whilst listening to an audio track, being able to request Play Now the full album of that track
  • Protected theatre view with filtered content. That view would be someway locked (limited actions and password to get out) and would show only some types of movies. The idea would be to let the kids use it on their own without supervision

On Gizmo side:
  • Widget of the Now Playing: Basic track info, previous/play/pause/next, Rating.
  • Option to preconfigure to start Gizmo on a given zone in the Now Playing.

Thanks

eweitzman

• Recent member
Re: AW: Re: Feature requests
« Reply #273 on: August 07, 2014, 08:15:44 am »

1. Do not clear the current search results or query string in the search box when changing the sorting of the view.

2. Drop down a list of the previous search strings when focusing on the search box. This is expected behavior in search boxes these days.

3. I use a windows 8.1 tablet and remote desktop to access the full desktop of MC running on a laptop connected to my stereo. It is stunning how much functionality *almost* works with touch only but then doesn't. Please provide either full touch input support or a Windows Store/Modern UI app.

MapleTenor

• Recent member
« Reply #274 on: August 07, 2014, 09:13:03 am »

Dear All,
as a nearly audio-only user, I'd like to have a functionality in Gizmo where one can pick one of the 'connected media', i.e. a radio station.
Many thanks, and keep up the good work.

« Reply #275 on: August 07, 2014, 10:00:02 am »

Please add good support for high dpi displays (200-300dpi). I guess this will become very important.
Support was added in MC19. See this for more information: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90704.msg623056#msg623056

3. A fix for the YouTube player weird options: "keep using this answer" actually never works, at least not for "Play the file inside the player".
It works, but by design it is a per-session option, so each time you quit MC it is reset.
I do think it should be changed to a preference which is saved, and can be changed via the Options Window if necessary.

1) Better DSD handling, just like KORG and others, to have better quality
Tools → Options → Audio → Advanced → Configure input plug-in → DSD
Change the filter to Medium or Permissive if you want it to be like many other applications.

3) FASTER program and less memory and resource hug
Disable Memory Playback and Media Center uses an extremely low amount of memory and CPU resources.

I would also like a "Pure Mode" that disables all processing but also has an option to deliver the native bit-depth.
16-bit, and 16-bit padded to 24-bit are identical as far as audio quality are concerned. (assuming you have a 24-bit DAC)
Functionally, switching between 16-bit and 24-bit can be detrimental to the playback experience. (longer switching times between tracks, potential for pops & clicks when changing tracks, has to switch from 16-bit to 24-bit in the middle of playback if you make a volume adjustment etc.)

There is no reason to not run your DAC at the highest bit-depth it supports.

I would like to have "Search" in Theater View and a Back to button for what's playing in Standard View when looking at other files.
Oh this reminds me: being able to select fields in Theater View, e.g. Director, and have it automatically perform a search.

• A quick way to request "Play this album": Whilst listening to an audio track, being able to request Play Now the full album of that track
    You can do Locate → Album and then play it, but I do quite like this idea.

But would it simply add the rest of the album to the playlist? (e.g. you use the command on track #3)
    Would it add the entire album? (start at track #1, even if the current track is #3)
    Does it stop playback and replace the current playlist?

• Protected theatre view with filtered content. That view would be someway locked (limited actions and password to get out) and would show only some types of movies. The idea would be to let the kids use it on their own without supervision
    User accounts can do this.[/list]

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
    « Reply #276 on: August 07, 2014, 10:00:59 am »

Would love to see MC make the jump to 64bit.

« Reply #277 on: August 07, 2014, 10:15:24 am »

Scale thumbnails based on "columns" like the new JRemote update.

In this update, the thumbnail size is set by the number of columns displayed, ranging from 3 to 8.
    There are no intermediate steps, it just displays the largest size of thumbnail it can while conforming to the number of columns set.

I would actually prefer things to be set based on rows (height) but columns seems like the easiest way to provide consistent views.

Related to the above, support CTRL+MWheel to scale thumbnails in the current view.
    The slider to control their size is almost never visible in my views.

Thumbnail quality is still terrible. Please use PNGs so that my library doesn't look like it was compressed using low quality JPG.

Support PNG artwork. Stop converting my embedded PNG files to lossy JPG.

HarleyJoeM

• Recent member
    Re: MC20 Feature requests
    « Reply #278 on: August 07, 2014, 10:21:53 am »

I use MC18 ALL the time, typically over DLNA to my OPPO-105D (great machine, BTW).   There seems to be either some bugs in DLNA or features that are not completely implemented:

• * Playlists can be created using 'send' function, but only the first song in the list will play, then the playlist stops.  This happens using multiple DLNA renderers, so currently this points to MC.  ?
    • * Shuffling an 'on the fly playlist' (sending songs to DLNA device) only works if 2-3 songs play BEFORE I invoke the Shuffle command
    • * The error/retry logic should be more robust; when bandwidth gets low for streaming, MC will stop w/o any notice.  There should be a means to overcome transients in the signal.
    • * I live in the Great state of New Hampshire, where UNH has an interoperability lab for DLNA.  MC should invest in getting the product certified to ensure it interacts properly other certified products

Therefore, my suggestion for functionality is to create more robustness in DLNA before changing UI's.

Joe

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
    « Reply #279 on: August 07, 2014, 10:47:25 am »

Quote from: PatBCN on Today at 08:10:47 am

A quick way to request "Play this album": Whilst listening to an audio track, being able to request Play Now the full album of that track

You can do Locate → Album and then play it, but I do quite like this idea.

But would it simply add the rest of the album to the playlist? (e.g. you use the command on track #3)
    Would it add the entire album? (start at track #1, even if the current track is #3)
    Does it stop playback and replace the current playlist?
    have asked for this many times, we are a household of shufflers, to be able to be in standard view, theaterview, gizmo... Shuffle Rock, hear a song we like then select that song/artist and be given options... play next all tracks from this artist, play next all tracks from this album by track order would be stellar, and of course much quicker.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
    « Reply #280 on: August 07, 2014, 11:24:53 am »

A new flat (default?) modern skin, a la Modern Cards duo.

MusicHawk

« Reply #281 on: August 07, 2014, 11:46:18 am »

Old request, still desired, to avoid trashing playlists:

Allow Rating Stars clicks to be disabled, or require click+Enter, or similar confirmation. Because now, it's too easy. A song or photo Rating can be changed with a single click on a Star, an inadvertent single click, unlike all the other tags that require actual typing or scrolling or other explicit action.

In my family, songs and photos would constantly disappear, or get wrongly added, because someone clicking on the interface "touched" a star, didn't mean to, but BAM, the Rating was changed. No warning, no way to identify which tracks/photos got re-Rated. That's highly risky for no good reason.

Rating is primarily a way to select items for playlists, yet because it is so easy to change unintentionally, I've had songs/photos totally disappear until, months later, the change was noticed. Eventually I had to abandon the standard Rating field because of its vulnerability.

My workaround in recent years is a custom field of values 1 to 5. But if MC allowed disabling or confirmation of Rating changes via Stars clicks, I wouldn't need this workaround.

I see evidence of this vulnerability all over my MC libraries -- Thousands of files (audio tracks, photos, videos) have Star values, but I NEVER explicitly do
     that (using my own custom field instead). That so many Star values exist shows how often users have clicked and changed the Rating value, and since it's a system used by just my family, who knows how to use MC (coming up on 15 years!), I'm confident it was never done intentionally. It's an accident that keeps happening.

If Stars clicks can't require confirmation, then please allow Stars display to be read-only, and require that the actual Rating field number be edited to actually change the value -- just like all the other fields. Please.

And, fixing this could be a chance to support half-stars that many have requested, by allowing decimal values that map to full and half stars (round to n.0 or n.5).

Note that I don't actually need half stars, though I'd like the ability to use negative values. I use -1 as a value in my custom field, to indicate the same file from a different source that should be ignored by smartlists. Details: When I have 5 copies of the same music track, identical except for source (on 3 CDs, 2 vinyl rips), I don't want to hear it 5 times more often, but it's not valid to rate any of the identical recordings poorly, so instead I use -1 for four of them.
    Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
    My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

FelixM

• Recent member
    « Reply #282 on: August 07, 2014, 12:18:08 pm »

Here goes my requests:

-An option to see the Audio Path in Theater View and/or the blue icon when playing audio or video via a shortcut or menu option.

-Optimize Intel CPU & GPU usage in Theater View, especially in 3D cover views (already done, but maybe it can be a little better....).

- More flexible Theater View customization. For example:
       - I want to select Exit and only have "Shutdown" first and "Cancel" second so I can Shutdown in 2 remote keypresses instead of 5.
       - I don't use ratings, so I want to remove it from the  theater view.

Anyway, thanks for this great program.
    Of course already upgraded  ;D
    MC22, Win7, Intel 4570T, Intel HD4600, Asus H87i-Plus, 2x4GB, SSD Samsung 840Evo 1TB, PicoPSU, Fanless Streacom FC5 Evo, Denon AVR-2106, Infinity Beta 40 & C360, Panasonic TX-L39E6, Logitech Harmony 555 & IR Flirc

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
    • nothing more to say...
    « Reply #283 on: August 07, 2014, 01:28:04 pm »

Video playback.  Please add the capability to advance and go back frame per frame.
    When watching a movie, if we want to check a quick detail in the picture we have to load the movie in VLC just for that.

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
    • nothing more to say...
    « Reply #284 on: August 07, 2014, 01:34:06 pm »

Mouse wheel behaviour (in images).  I would love to be able to use the mouse wheel to jump back and forth between full screen pictures in my photo collection (rather than a zoom).
    I think the user should be able to control the behaviour of the mouse wheel in the options.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
    « Reply #285 on: August 07, 2014, 01:35:33 pm »

Video playback.  Please add the capability to advance and go back frame per frame.
    When watching a movie, if we want to check a quick detail in the picture we have to load the movie in VLC just for that.
    +1

lbkwhitney

« Reply #286 on: August 07, 2014, 01:42:21 pm »

It would be great if jriver would provide a de-emphasis function for pre-emphasied discs. It is true that there are few pre-emphasied CDs, but those few may include superior recordings. JRiver should be concerned with quality :), not quantity.

locust

« Reply #287 on: August 07, 2014, 01:51:05 pm »

Something that nags me a lot with regards to using the main application for music, is that I prefer using panes over categories but you can't get a file list in panes which you can in categories using the view button next to play.

Not totally true as you can change the list style to details in panes and see the files but the biggest drawback is that I like to see the artwork and would rather it be just as easy as with categories instead of changing the list style. I understand it might not be possible but if it is, please consider it.

I detest using Itunes but when looking on my girlfriends itunes I saw a nifty feature that makes me think that something similar wouldn't be out of place in mc, both in categories and panes in possible.
    https://vimeo.com/102857994

csimon

« Reply #288 on: August 07, 2014, 02:03:24 pm »

I detest using Itunes but when looking on my girlfriends itunes I saw a nifty feature that makes me think that something similar wouldn't be out of place in mc, both in categories and panes in possible.

One bit of eye-candy I've always fancied is that when you select an album cover, or an icon that doesn't result in more folders but a track/file list, the screen doesn't change but the selected album cover zooms out to the centre of the screen and flips over as though you're viewing the back and then displays the track listing in that space. Or maybe it opends like a book to see the track listing on the inside and you can swipe to turn the pages or then view the back cover or any leaflet you've loaded in as an assoicated document....

I'm thinking more in terms of a touch-interface on a hand-held device though, but maybe it could also work in Standard or Theater View.

pluto

• World Citizen
    Re: Feature requests - My humble little request....
    « Reply #289 on: August 07, 2014, 02:08:12 pm »

...that in this dialog box...

...the state of the check box circled in red is ‘remembered’ between sessions so the box doesn't appear when it's not needed.

Thanks!

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
    « Reply #290 on: August 07, 2014, 02:17:55 pm »

I have always wanted the ability to jump directly to an entered folder path under Drives and Devices -> Explorer instead of having to manually drill down through the folder tree.

locust

« Reply #291 on: August 07, 2014, 02:45:18 pm »

Something that nags me a lot with regards to using the main application for music, is that I prefer using panes over categories but you can't get a file list in panes which you can in categories using the view button next to play.

Not totally true as you can change the list style to details in panes and see the files but the biggest drawback is that I like to see the artwork and would rather it be just as easy as with categories instead of changing the list style. I understand it might not be possible but if it is, please consider it.

One bit of eye-candy I've always fancied is that when you select an album cover, or an icon that doesn't result in more folders but a track/file list, the screen doesn't change but the selected album cover zooms out to the centre of the screen and flips over as though you're viewing the back and then displays the track listing in that space. Or maybe it opends like a book to see the track listing on the inside and you can swipe to turn the pages or then view the back cover or any leaflet you've loaded in as an assoicated document....

I'm thinking more in terms of a touch-interface on a hand-held device though, but maybe it could also work in Standard or Theater View.

That would make that idea even better- being able to associate documents.

I was just thinking only for album tracklists (mainly in pane views for my preference) but there are a few things you could do with it that would bring fluidity to mc.

Like a category view for tv, click on a series and a thing like that appears showing the seasons then click on a season then the file list appears.

It does negate from the traditional excel style file list that we have now and is mostly pure eye candy although with a major benefit for ease of navigation. That's why it would need to be enabled in the view scheme settings or a specific new listview, so that we can have both.

I'd really like to see this in both panes and categories. Although behind the scenes workings may be different to provide the same experience between the two. There would have to be some magic trickery for it to be useful in mc because of the wide range of customisability and media types

Off the top of my head mc would have to interpret what your view is designed to show, using media types and subtypes and various other things so that it knows what to show.

It could allow the removal of those popup windows for movies telling you the description etc (That I always accidentally jerk the mouse the popup disappears then I have to rinse wash & start again)

Just a rough idea, probably many caveats, I haven't thought of but definitely worth exploring further imo

csimon

« Reply #292 on: August 07, 2014, 03:05:49 pm »

It does negate from the traditional excel style file list that we have now and is mostly pure eye candy although with a major benefit for ease of navigation.

Precisely. It's not "just" eye candy, but it's what you would "expect" to happen, on a touch device especially, and is intuitive.

Manni

• Galactic Citizen
    « Reply #293 on: August 07, 2014, 03:06:32 pm »

First of all, thanks to the team, I've just purchased MC19 and I love it.

Here is my wishlist for MC20:

- Support for 3D Blurays (or at the very least for MVC Mkvs) to get full bluray 3D quality
    - Support for full BD Menus (I know, I know, but I have to ask :) )
    - Better support for MC as an external player. I'm trying to use MC as an external player from MyMovies, and I haven't been able to get it to work fully, either using the unsupported MCplayclose tool here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65984.0 (it plays but doesn't close, instead it comes back to standard view)) or using the supported mc19.exe procedure (it just doesn't work). What's needed is a way to call MC from MyMovies so that it plays the disc/file/folder specified by MyMovies in fullscreen and simply exits when we press "back" on the MCE remote.
    - Support for the BBD iPlayer and Amazon Instant Video (in the UK).
    - Better support for TV series, so that MC keeps track of played/unplayed episodes.
    - Pure direct mode button with all audio/video processing disabled, accessible via keyboard shortcut/remote

That's it for now!

MusicHawk

« Reply #294 on: August 07, 2014, 05:02:05 pm »

With MC20, fulfill MC's potential to manage photo/image libraries. It's one of the Big Three capabilities promised in the splash screen, but it has frustrating weaknesses and seems to not have evolved much.

Please review the many postings by many people about improving MC's photo/image management functionality. Some of mine are...

Suggestion 1: PHOTO MANAGEMENT AS TOP FEATURE -- On the business side, many more people (1000X more?) do photographs than do audio/music or video. I've asked hundreds at my Rotary Club events, and 99% want to organize photos, 5% want to organize music (and most already use iTunes), but I haven't met anyone who cares (or even sees a need) to manage video. OK, it's not a survey of the world of media geeks, but it suggests the size of the photo-management business opportunity.

Suggestion 2: ONLINE INTEGRATION -- Could MC integrate with major online photo sites?  Google offers nice storage, but Google Picasa is broken (syncing online is beyond broken) and virtually abandoned, as are Google Picasa Web Albums, and Google+ photo system is just bizarre. Yahoo offers 1TB of Flickr photo storage but useless tools to work with it. If MC's Image mode could connect with them it would be a huge opportunity.

Suggestion 3: PHOTO TAGGING MODE -- MC's photo tagging can be as convoluted as Google Picasa or Microsoft Live or whatever, due to the use of propriety fields. If the imaging industry won't rally around a set of standard tags, we're stuck with this. But MC can help, quite a bit.

A popular workaround is to put all tags into the Keywords field, one of the very few fields supported across products. (Date and Title/Caption also seem universal.) The trick to using the Keywords field is two-level tags, such as People\Walt Disney, Places\Anaheim CA, Events\Halloween, etc. Where MC can shine is to provide a good interface to do this, such as a tagging form with virtual fields that actually all use Keywords, automatically adding the prefix for each type of tag. Then provide a bit more View capability to use such tags, to parse, select, group, sort, etc.

More wishes:

+ Any tagging would all be much easier in a floating/detachable/sizable box. Ideally it would allow selection of which tags to show, AND REMEMBER that selection, regardless of which tags are in the particular view. For any aspect of MC I'd love a way to set up several such tag lists, perhaps tied to specified views, to choose which fields to show in the Tag dialog without having to put those same fields into the view. (That's clumsy, hard to organize, and really limits the smoothness and usability of views and tagging.)

+ It would be wonderful to have the Search box be larger/sizable.

+ I sure would like the tagging "suggestions" list to not run into and get behind the Windows task bar. It's a huge pain to try and see what MC is listing. (Though my real wish is to reinstate the clean, simple tagging mode that was yanked out midway through MC15.)

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
    My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

optimxr

• Recent member
    • Music is the language of the Soul
    « Reply #295 on: August 07, 2014, 05:35:49 pm »

Most players that I have used in the past included a disk eject button. I maybe missing something but I can't locate eject any where in the pull-down menus. I know that it may not be a popular function but if there were an option to included "eject" under the player menu, I would love JRiver Media Center even more than I do now. Thanks for all the other great functions & features...it's the best player I have ever used. :)
    The music in your heart can be for all to hear.

« Reply #296 on: August 07, 2014, 07:14:00 pm »

Most players that I have used in the past included a disk eject button. I maybe missing something but I can't locate eject any where in the pull-down menus. I know that it may not be a popular function but if there were an option to included "eject" under the player menu, I would love JRiver Media Center even more than I do now. Thanks for all the other great functions & features...it's the best player I have ever used. :)
    Right-click the drive.

JezQ

« Reply #297 on: August 07, 2014, 10:46:10 pm »

Use a range of tagging databases - YADB rarely finds anything ;-)
    When playing youtube vids or other url, use JRiver setting for audio device, not windows default audio device

If these are already possible, I'm sure someone will tell me how!

kdwykleingeld

• World Citizen
    MBID
    « Reply #298 on: August 07, 2014, 11:37:34 pm »

Support of MusicBrainz ID   (MBID) data field in the mc20 library and some kind of integration with musicbrainz to add the MBID to jriver data (songs ,, albums ) so that one can link easily towards musicbrainz and others (such as last.fm) in order to finf related info

rossop

• Junior Woodchuck
    « Reply #299 on: August 08, 2014, 12:06:49 am »

DSP Studio thru Media Network, please.
    Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Up