INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 228640 times)

thorsten

• World Citizen
Re: Feature requests
« Reply #400 on: August 16, 2014, 03:30:38 pm »

Next build of MC20:
NEW: Added the ability to show and hide zones (right-click the zone in the tree).
Perfect! Thanks a Lot for your fast efforts!!!

rossop

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #401 on: August 16, 2014, 05:59:03 pm »

I hope for this too.  We need to work on Bob, the DLNA wizard.

As previously noted, I would like to be able to do everything available in player mode thru the Media Network when I am using JR as a DLNA server.
Apart form DSP Studio settings I would to see streaming services and virtually everything you can do when directly connected, available through Media Network & be able to turn these features on and off.

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #402 on: August 16, 2014, 06:17:22 pm »

Next build of MC20:
NEW: Added a startup volume option for each zone.

Many thanks for this functionality.  Looking forward to the MC20 release

Steve

DoubtingThomas

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #403 on: August 16, 2014, 08:40:12 pm »

NEW: Added Play > Add (after current album) to play files after the current album ends.

Great New Feature... could we have "Add (after current artist)" ?

That would be so cool for me and used often...

locust

« Reply #404 on: August 16, 2014, 10:06:16 pm »

Clean File Properties already has the ability to specify capitalization.  I'm not clear what you're asking for that is different.  Could you describe in more detail?

Think he means, double capitalization for instance say you have AC/DC, or XxXy music then you run your collection through the cleaner it will output Ac/dc or Xxxy

The only way I can think the achieving this is some sort of identifier wrap around that is inherently ignored (invisible) by view schemes and other parts of the program but will block the cleaner in that particular field. A wrap along the lines of /dt/AC/DC/dt/ (dt- don't touch :))

manual work still required when the same could already be achieved with not much more manual work by making an artist relational yes/no capitalisation field. Then making a view scheme to the filter the yes/no and cleaning in segments just ensuring that when it comes to the capitalized to uncheck artist.

It's something I thought about before. I never stuck with it because where does it end? there are albums, track names that are the same. If a user is particular about every field in that manner I think a wrap would work best because using the other solution would be too easy to mess it when dealing with multiple fields

A ton of manual work either way unless there is some sort of auto-magical internet database lookup

trhunnicutt

• Recent member
« Reply #405 on: August 17, 2014, 01:02:54 am »

Clean File Properties already has the ability to specify capitalization.  I'm not clear what you're asking for that is different.  Could you describe in more detail?

Apologies for that.  Clean File Properties (Title Case and Upper Case All Words) both clear any characters that are already uppercase.

ie.  an existing title "The very best of INXS" ends up as "The Very Best Of Inxs"

or "Sarah McLachlan" ends up as "Sarah Mclachlan"

same is true with any other text string (for instance Album Titles that end in "EP" become "Ep").

What I'm hoping for is one more Clean Properties option that lets us "Upper Case All Words" while keeping the existing uppercase inside the string if it's already capitalized.

Does that help?  Really appreciate the reply, Matt.

Tom

trhunnicutt

• Recent member
« Reply #406 on: August 17, 2014, 01:11:03 am »

Think he means, double capitalization for instance say you have AC/DC, or XxXy music then you run your collection through the cleaner it will output Ac/dc or Xxxy

The only way I can think the achieving this is some sort of identifier wrap around that is inherently ignored (invisible) by view schemes and other parts of the program but will block the cleaner in that particular field. A wrap along the lines of /dt/AC/DC/dt/ (dt- don't touch :))

manual work still required when the same could already be achieved with not much more manual work by making an artist relational yes/no capitalisation field. Then making a view scheme to the filter the yes/no and cleaning in segments just ensuring that when it comes to the capitalized to uncheck artist.

It's something I thought about before. I never stuck with it because where does it end? there are albums, track names that are the same. If a user is particular about every field in that manner I think a wrap would work best because using the other solution would be too easy to mess it when dealing with multiple fields

A ton of manual work either way unless there is some sort of auto-magical internet database lookup

Didn't see this response before I posted. 

Another potential way is to check if the First Character after a space or delimiter is lowercase.  If so, then Capitalize it.  Any subsequent character inside that string before the next space or delimiter is left as is.

Sure the MC wizards can work something better than that. 

Frankly, I stopped using the Clean/Capitalization feature along time ago for just this reason.

Great program, though.  Awesome support and interaction with users.

Denti

« Reply #407 on: August 17, 2014, 10:13:52 am »

Allow for user to fix/choose which cover art displays on top in groupings in Theater View:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90940.0

Denti

« Reply #408 on: August 17, 2014, 10:54:17 am »

How about something Mr C mentioned a while back:

I'd argue there should be Set rules for file display and Set rules for sorting.

See: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84869.0

A.K.

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #409 on: August 17, 2014, 11:57:19 am »

Being a victim of bitrot, i.e. audio files being randomly corrupted for unknown reasons, I started using parchive (par2) files to protect my precious flac-files and photos. Question is, could it be difficult to implement some kind of file integrity checker (foobar2000 has File Integrity Verifier-plugin) with ability to detect existing par-files, and to do the fix if necessary?

And thanks for the metric unit decision :)

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #410 on: August 17, 2014, 11:58:16 am »

I'd love the ability to have the DSP Analyzer be an available visualization.  I find the existing viz's vey outdated and have gone to straight cover art.  But having a fullscreen multichannel analyzer with  a few options to customize colours and line styles would be GREAT!

Moe

• MC Beta Team
  • Hi
« Reply #411 on: August 17, 2014, 01:18:51 pm »

A feature I can't believe the program does not have after all these years, animated GIF support. 

« Reply #412 on: August 17, 2014, 02:07:42 pm »

A feature I can't believe the program does not have after all these years, animated GIF support. 
+1

Especially if they could be supported in "thumbnail" view rather than one at a time.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #413 on: August 17, 2014, 02:47:18 pm »

+1, this is the main reason I don't use JRiver for image viewing. 

masterful

• Recent member
« Reply #414 on: August 17, 2014, 03:03:31 pm »

Version 20 is looking to be a nice release from the indications on this forum good work Dev's. a feature i'd like to see in this release is, live video thumbnail previews when you hover your mouse pointer over the seek bar when playing videos. best use example is when playing a video on youtube. when you hover over the time bar, a thumbnail of the frame is generated for that specific time.

charmerci

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #415 on: August 17, 2014, 04:09:31 pm »

I have Windows 7 and when I try to play a Youtube video with JR open, it will stop the video after 3/7 seconds and say "An error occurred, please try later."

Would it be possible to fix that?

Schooner

• Recent member
« Reply #416 on: August 17, 2014, 05:01:48 pm »

I'm eagerly awaiting the upgrade to MC20.  I don't know if it's possible, but features I'd like to see in future releases:

Allow for gapless playback via DLNA
Make it possible to play and shuffle tracks using Spotify

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #417 on: August 18, 2014, 08:37:15 am »

Great New Feature... could we have "Add (after current artist)" ?

That would be so cool for me and used often...

Next build of MC20:
NEW: Added Play > Add (after current artist) to the play commands.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #418 on: August 18, 2014, 08:46:22 am »

Apologies for that.  Clean File Properties (Title Case and Upper Case All Words) both clear any characters that are already uppercase.

ie.  an existing title "The very best of INXS" ends up as "The Very Best Of Inxs"

or "Sarah McLachlan" ends up as "Sarah Mclachlan"

same is true with any other text string (for instance Album Titles that end in "EP" become "Ep").

What I'm hoping for is one more Clean Properties option that lets us "Upper Case All Words" while keeping the existing uppercase inside the string if it's already capitalized.

Does that help?  Really appreciate the reply, Matt.

Tom

Next build:
NEW: Added 'Upper case all words (preserve existing capitalization)' as a mode for Clean File Properties.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #419 on: August 18, 2014, 09:37:51 am »

the ability of using mute button to mute the digital signal when using external dac, we can't use volume but mute will be nice

Mute is an available function today.  Is there something it doesn't do?  Switch to Internal volume if mute isn't working.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #420 on: August 18, 2014, 09:42:12 am »

Request #4: Add a "Replace Cover Art" option which removes all cover art and replaces it with a specified file. Basically it'd be like using Remove Cover Art and Add From File... in one easy step. This would be VERY beneficial to me when modifying multiple tracks at the same time, e.g. replacing album art for an entire existing album easily and quickly. This would go perfectly with request #3 above too and allow me to mass modify album art without a lot of right clicking.

You don't need to Remove Cover Art.  Just Add From File and it'll work.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #421 on: August 18, 2014, 09:46:44 am »

Love the product but is it asking too much to fix the CUE support in Version 20?  

Could you share a CUE file that doesn't work properly?  They should be supported natively.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #422 on: August 18, 2014, 09:54:46 am »

For me I'd like a quick way to add "Modifier: Full Albums" to any search result, not just smart list. Either that or some kind of "Play (Full Album)" in the right click menu.

In the current build of MC20:
NEW: Added Play > Add (album) to add full albums to Playing Now.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #423 on: August 18, 2014, 09:56:13 am »

Wow, there are some nice additions in MC20 :)

Would it be possible to add MCCCommands for tempo adjustment?

To be unable to adjust the tempo of a song without going through some menus was the reason why I couldn't make my dance school switch to MC with 6 PCs. Now they kept their old bpm studio and paid a programmer to make it usable inside their network which was more expensive than buying MC licenses  :-\

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #424 on: August 18, 2014, 09:59:35 am »

Have the option "Locate Artist" in theater view too as we have in normal view. Plllleeeeze  :D :) :) :)

In MC20 now:
NEW: Added a 'Find Artist' menu selection in Theater View for files to show a full list of all files by the artist.

magnust

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #425 on: August 18, 2014, 10:48:44 am »

In MC20 now:
NEW: Added a 'Find Artist' menu selection in Theater View for files to show a full list of all files by the artist.
Niiiiice  :D :D :D

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #426 on: August 18, 2014, 04:45:45 pm »

Related to the above, if I double-click a media file when MC is closed, the program launches but the file does not open/play. Every other program on my system handles this correctly.

It should play the file you've double clicked.  Please start a thread so we can investigate.

trhunnicutt

• Recent member
« Reply #427 on: August 18, 2014, 08:56:25 pm »

Next build:
NEW: Added 'Upper case all words (preserve existing capitalization)' as a mode for Clean File Properties.

Thanks!

amz

• Recent member
« Reply #428 on: August 19, 2014, 05:54:19 am »

Fade in/out for DSD files (DFF/ISO etc.)

Fangio

• World Citizen
« Reply #429 on: August 19, 2014, 12:49:06 pm »

DSD encoding of video files.

lobo85

• World Citizen
« Reply #430 on: August 19, 2014, 03:27:06 pm »

Either DSP application to DSD files when sent to DSD capable DAC or a way to upconvert DSD signal to a higher rate of DSD signal without using the DSP engine so that it is actually upconverted when sent to the DAC.

As it is right now on both Windows and Mac when you set files to be converted to DOP 2x DSD in the DSP settings and then play a DSF/DFF or SACD-ISO file JRiver outputs 1X DSD to the DAC.

gappie

« Reply #431 on: August 19, 2014, 03:46:21 pm »

I think it would be nice if mc could play mixed playlists again. so that I could watch the content of my camera, images and pics, in order taken...

:)
gab

trhunnicutt

• Recent member
« Reply #432 on: August 19, 2014, 11:37:08 pm »

I think it would be nice if mc could play mixed playlists again. so that I could watch the content of my camera, images and pics, in order taken...

:)
gab

I second that.  One thing that iTunes does well is that it shows a Deluxe Album (ie with Videos) as one item so that you can play the complete item (songs and videos) as a whole.

Now, when I import these into MC, they are no longer linked, not can I play them as a group (Audio Tracks 1 thru 12, then Videos 13, 14, and 15).

ead1

• Recent member
« Reply #433 on: August 20, 2014, 02:11:21 am »

When will a true 64bit version from start to end will be?  ;D

lobo85

• World Citizen
« Reply #434 on: August 20, 2014, 04:22:14 am »

Either DSP application to DSD files when sent to DSD capable DAC or a way to upconvert DSD signal to a higher rate of DSD signal without using the DSP engine so that it is actually upconverted when sent to the DAC.

As it is right now on both Windows and Mac when you set files to be converted to DOP 2x DSD in the DSP settings and then play a DSF/DFF or SACD-ISO file JRiver outputs 1X DSD to the DAC.

Some clarification I want to be able to do this while bitstreaming DSD to the DAC.

« Reply #435 on: August 20, 2014, 04:27:08 am »

Some clarification I want to be able to do this while bitstreaming DSD to the DAC.
What you are asking is impossible.

Bitstreaming is the process of transmitting the audio without making any changes.
If you want to apply DSP, you can't bitstream.

If you disable bitstreaming and use DSD Encoding, that will take a DSD input, apply DSP, and output it as a DSD signal rather than PCM though.

tyler69

« Reply #436 on: August 20, 2014, 04:39:38 am »

I'd like to add one request/idea to the two I already made:

- make the exasound plugin for volume synchronization work when audio is bitstreamed
- offer a convolution filter creation functionality (e.g. team up with acourate)

namely one I already asked also in this thread: http://yabb.JRiver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90247
Although Matt said, he wants to keep the two functions seperate because of the current structure of internal processing, I'd really like to see:
- Encoding options depending on input sample rate

lobo85

• World Citizen
« Reply #437 on: August 20, 2014, 05:27:48 am »

What you are asking is impossible.

Bitstreaming is the process of transmitting the audio without making any changes.
If you want to apply DSP, you can't bitstream.

If you disable bitstreaming and use DSD Encoding, that will take a DSD input, apply DSP, and output it as a DSD signal rather than PCM though.

Then what is being done in foobar2000 when you use SDM conversion types A-D in the ASIO output component on DSD audio? Is this similar to disabling bitsteaming in MC and applying a DSP or is it different?

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #438 on: August 20, 2014, 12:23:18 pm »

Yup, +1.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #439 on: August 20, 2014, 12:34:12 pm »

An old request. The ability to write tags and other library info to MP4 file. For me it is critical because I use the MP4 movies in USB HDD and I do not have the full information that I have in MC. I do not care about long time for saving the information since these updates after the first are rare.

Tags are written to MP4 files.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #440 on: August 20, 2014, 12:35:37 pm »

Tags are written to MP4 files.

You might think so, but no. Not video files.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #441 on: August 20, 2014, 12:43:44 pm »

You might think so, but no. Not video files.

Yes, that's only for audio files.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #442 on: August 20, 2014, 01:44:18 pm »

Would it be possible to add MCCCommands for tempo adjustment?

To be unable to adjust the tempo of a song without going through some menus was the reason why I couldn't make my dance school switch to MC with 6 PCs. Now they kept their old bpm studio and paid a programmer to make it usable inside their network which was more expensive than buying MC licenses  :-\

Next build:
NEW: Added DSP/SetTempo to the MCWS web service.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #443 on: August 20, 2014, 02:12:49 pm »

Could you share a CUE file that doesn't work properly?  They should be supported natively.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=87602.0

There is also the glitch that Auto-Import (when run manually) processes the "tracks" in embedded cue files - even when it has done the same ones dozens of times before - so that it reports "Adding ___ of 723 files" when you are just adding 12 new tracks (and only lists the names of the 12 tracks).

SiGuy

• Recent member
« Reply #444 on: August 20, 2014, 10:29:48 pm »

Controls for Combined Audio & Image Playback (Image Slideshow with Simultaneous Audio playlist playback):
MC allows the user to start audio playing in one tab and images in another.  However, the on-screen controls only apply to the images and the images default to full-screen when started from a tab.  There is currently no way to control the audio playback stream during image playback.  (Details:  MC19 cannot skip tracks, repeat tracks, pause audio or show any audio track info.  Audio volume control does work from the MC19 GUI.)

Music and image playback for ad hoc slideshows is one of my primary usage modes for MC.  It is very easy to start, but audio is impossible to control without stopping the image playback first.  I would like to see the playback UI updated to allow control of multiple streams without halting playback of either stream.

Some potential solutions for full-screen playback control are:
  * use the left or right side or bottom of the screen to view controls for non-primary streams
  * have a selector switch on the existing playback control display to select which stream to view & control
  * add another set of rows or columns to the existing full-screen playback display

If there is an existing method to control multiple playback streams from full-screen (not theater view) mode, please let me know!

To see the issue:
1) use normal view
2) start audio playback in one tab (Play Doctor or from a Playlist/Smartlist)
3) open a new tab, select some images for playback.  Right click and select Play
4) at this point, you should hear your music and see your images playing
5) now try to skip or repeat an audio track, try to see what audio track is playing

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #445 on: August 21, 2014, 10:10:22 am »

Please please please please suspend screensaver when the display is detached. This really annoys me........

Ross

yooz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • **sorry 'bout my baaaad english knowledge**
« Reply #446 on: August 21, 2014, 10:50:27 am »

Would be wonderfull to have a cuepoint editor integrated...I have lots of ripped concert videos and kind of want to jump to specific songs/chapters... and also name them
I know there is the possibillity to have a specific starting point now, but I want more :-)

thx

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #447 on: August 21, 2014, 11:01:47 am »

Would be wonderfull to have a cuepoint editor integrated...I have lots of ripped concert videos and kind of want to jump to specific songs/chapters... and also name them
I know there is the possibillity to have a specific starting point now, but I want more :-)
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Particles

DoubtingThomas

« Reply #448 on: August 21, 2014, 11:48:33 am »

An annoyance of MC I'd like to see resolved..

When for example, I import new files, the view scheme always defaults to the "default" preset the first time after starting the program.  Then I have to select my preset...

Isn't there a way for MC to remember the selected view scheme for playlists that contain 0 tracks from MC use to use?

Goatshade

« Reply #449 on: August 21, 2014, 07:18:56 pm »

How about more comprehensive particle options? As it stands, you have two ways to create particles: entire file, and time-based range. I, personally, would like to be able to create them based on chapters--as in, specifying a beginning and end chapter (where you could simply enter the same value for both if you want a particle based on a single chapter). I also think it would be very intuitive if we could copy/duplicate existing particles, so that it will be easier to have different particles of identical passages for minor, switchable changes (different audio/subtitle tracks, for example).

In reference to the other thread about enabling full blu-ray support and the potential costs of doing so, how much work and expense would be involved in getting native Netflix, Hulu, and/or Youtube support? The letter tends to be very problematic because the website keeps changing, breaking the streaming functionality in MC, and it seems to happen with the release of every other build. Once it does begin to function, it breaks again within maybe a day. It just seems as if the current handling of popular streaming services equates to more in trouble than the worth of actual, licensed integration (though I don't know anything about licensing, so take that with a grain of salt).
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up