INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import settings help  (Read 1284 times)

BHT

• Recent member
Import settings help
« on: August 03, 2014, 03:47:16 pm »

Hi ;D

I was referred to JRiver software from the LINN forum.  I have a Windows 7 OS, a QNAP NAS with JRE and Miniumserver running on the QNAP NAS.  I also have a LINN DSM player that Kinsky runs.  I have ripped a bunch of CD’s in FLAC with the dBpoweramp program.  I have been very careful with the settings in the dBpoweramp program before ripping CD’s and still get cover art that does not show up in Kinsky.  From what I have read on the forums there is no good way of fixing these issues or creating playlists within Kinsky.  I am hoping that JRiver can help me fix this.  Here is the problem I went to JRiver and started reading through the instructions and found missing import setting instruction pages.  I do not want to import the FLAC files into JRiver incorrectly and mess them up.  The last thing I need is to have to start over.  I am looking to correct the missing cover art that Kinsky cannot see and create some playlist that contain my favorite songs that Kinsky can find and play.  Please help.
Thanks BHT

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Import settings help
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 04:02:26 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  You can't do it wrong.  Just follow the "Getting Started" instructions in my signature.

BHT

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 10:28:40 pm »

I looked again at the instructions and I cannot find what I am looking for.  I was going to Import single folder (Tools-Import-Import single folder).  In the next window it has the a(Please select the folder to search) and (Browse) and below it has 6 boxes that you can put a check mark in (Audio, Image, Video, Data, Playlists, Other and at the bottom those it has  a box you can put a check mark in saying Ignore special Files (Folder.jpg etc.) Should I put a check mark in all of the boxes or not and why.

Thanks!

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 10:48:57 pm »

Importing the files do not physically touch them. They are just cataloged into the library. You can select the Audio box. This will import the files into the library along with the cover art. Give one a try, it will not harm your files.

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)
Pages: [1]   Go Up