INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Facebook/Youtube videos will not play. Freezes after 1 sec.  (Read 4078 times)

bugeyed

• Junior Woodchuck
Facebook/Youtube videos will not play. Freezes after 1 sec.
« on: August 07, 2014, 06:04:26 pm »

I apologize if this has been covered. I searched with no joy.
Using JRiver MC19, Windows 8.1, Chrome browser & AQ Dragonfly 1.0.
I can view the videos that are posted in Facebook without a problem. If I start JRiver MC19, I can still view videos. If I start playing music, the video freezes. If I poke the progress bar in video, it plays another second & freezes. If I stop music, same freezing. If I close MC19, the video will play again. Is there something I can do to fix this? I can provide hardware info if needed. I did notice that I need to change some settings in Win 8.l 'cause my Dragonfly changes to Magenta when I play audio in Windows, but it's Green when playing MC19.
Thanks for your attention to this,
kev
P.S. Just checked Youtube & same.

bugeyed

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Facebook/Youtube videos will not play. Freezes after 1 sec.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 09:45:40 am »

Bump. I was hoping that someone would respond to my question as I understand that this is a "support" forum. Is no-one else experiencing this and are those who have answers not reading these posts? Please advise me on the best way to get some support!

Thanks,
kev

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 11:42:00 am »

Are you using WASAPI in exclusive mode?  That means that only one program has access to the sound device.

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 11:57:02 am »

ah Jim beat me to it :)

You have set up JRiver in exclusive mode probably (which is good for quality). However, and I'm just assuming here as your post its is not obvious, that you are listening to music and flipping to an outside program like a browser to watch videos off FB and Youtube?  If so the video should still play but not the audio, as this is handled "exclusively" by JRiver if I'm right about your config. Try manually hitting the "stop" button, which will clear the playing now.

You can watch Youtube within JRiver and you will not have this problem (through Connected Media under Viedo on the tree. Other net streaming, at present, you would have to do through loopback (Open Live under file) to play within jriver, although some websites will work out of the box for audio (eg Grooveshark, using Connected media under Audio).

Or maybe I have not understood your problem??
Quote from: bugeyed
I was hoping that someone would respond to my question as I understand that this is a "support" forum. Is no-one else experiencing this and are those who have answers not reading these posts? Please advise me on the best way to get some support!
read this http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=43159.0. Understand this is a weekend in August, and is volunteer based.  Anyway, just bump "nicely" and be more specific what you would like to achieve and you'll get help.

Welcome to the forum :)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 12:45:26 pm »

Please see the title of the thread. I have this problem too. The VIDEO FREEZES after 1 second. This did not use to be the case. You could still play video silently, but in recent builds the video itself freezes after one second. If you move the video back a tiny (or any) amount it will again play for one second.
Even if the MC music or video is paused, it will affect the video playback in FB or YouTube.

bugeyed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 12:59:43 pm »

Thanks all for the responses. Yes, you are correct about my config. WASAPI in exclusive mode, as audio quality is important to me. I do jump over to Chrome browser to check facebook & that's when the problem happens. Same as described by fitbrit. I must close MC19 completely before the video will run. Stopping playback doesn't help. At least I have a better understanding of what is happening, so maybe I can figure out how to do what I want to do. I would be OK with just seeing the video sans audio.

Thanks,
kev

Arindelle

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 01:17:00 pm »

hmm thought you were talking about the audio.  ok then I guess its a bug - just checked and I have the same issue in You Tube :)

If you press stop in MC and not pause the video will work but I had to reload the page in my browser.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 02:31:35 pm »

Just uncheck exclusive.

Arindelle

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 02:47:27 pm »

Just uncheck exclusive.

or maybe set up a zone without exclusive checked that you can use when you want to do that, change back when you are done.

Got to admit I don't get why you guys like watching videos without the sound though  :P

bugeyed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 05:35:24 pm »

or maybe set up a zone without exclusive checked that you can use when you want to do that, change back when you are done.

Got to admit I don't get why you guys like watching videos without the sound though  :P

Ha Ha Ha Actually I look at video links posted on Facebook & they are usually cute cat videos & such, so it's usually preferable to have no audio.

kev
Pages: [1]   Go Up