INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank-You JRiver + Team  (Read 2605 times)

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Thank-You JRiver + Team
« on: August 12, 2014, 03:51:18 am »

Hi everyone... I've been less active 'round these parts for at least the last few years, but just wanted to express a few sentiments.

2014 has been a very big year for me - I've been studying for my final paediatric exams (which I'm pleased to say I've just found out I passed!), and proposed to my lovely girlfriend earlier in the year. Reading interact lately has made me reflect a bit on the role MC has had in the last few years, and wanted to give some feedback to the team who have helped shape it.

MC has been a rock-solid outlet for my procrastination from study, for my obsessive media organisational endeavours and a source of community and entertainment on interact ... I use it every single day. MC has kept me company through countless seasons of Doctor Who, Harry Potter Marathons and re-runs of family guy and the simpsons... It is home to my favourite songs and albums. I've used it to play music and videos at birthdays, Christmas parties etc. When I'm apart from my fiancé, I know I can browse our photos and videos together, and I look forward to one day importing photos from our wedding and kids.

So when I read about Matt and his misadventures, I felt really sad - and am so thrilled to see him make such a fantastic recovery. Matt, Jim and the team do a wonderful job keeping this program going, and putting up with all our nonsense. And the beta team and community here have helped me out with so, so many little issues that I've lost count...

Might be a bit sappy, but I think it's nice to get feedback on your work sometimes - and MC is something to be proud of... the software, the community and all that other stuff.

So... thanks guys :D

astromo

• MC Beta Team
Re: Thank-You JRiver + Team
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 04:50:32 am »

Reading interact lately has made me reflect a bit on the role MC has had in the last few years, and wanted to give some feedback to the team who have helped shape it.

MC has been a rock-solid outlet for my procrastination from ... [blank]

Can totally relate. I just have a different entry into the blank space. Made me smile. Thanks for that.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 06:39:52 am »

That's very nice to hear.  Thanks for taking time to say so.  And congratulations on your milestones.  I look forward to seeing the baby pictures.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 10:07:39 am »

+1 to everything he said, aside from the being quiet here, natch.  ;)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 11:11:24 am »

I echo your sentiments. And congrats to you.

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 11:59:00 am »

nice -- sappy should come back in fashion - far too little around

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 02:00:50 pm »

So when I read about Matt and his misadventures, I felt really sad - and am so thrilled to see him make such a fantastic recovery.

Thanks darichman.  It was a real (mis)adventure for me.

It's so great to be back.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 03:15:03 pm »

Thanks darichman.  It was a real (mis)adventure for me.

It's so great to be back.

And you've been on fire these past few days, implementing feature requests and shooting off quick solutions in the forums!
Pages: [1]   Go Up