INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Id Questions?  (Read 370481 times)

DanC

Re: JRiver Id Questions?
« Reply #450 on: January 24, 2015, 05:13:28 pm »

Hi. I got the ID for Christmas and set it up (MC 20). Working great. Today it says my trial period expired. It wouldn't go any farther after rebooting, keeps telling me the trial period expired.

I read some of the other posts and tried reverting to the original settings via option 77 on the mainmenu after first backing up my library. It appears reverting also removed the library backup, since it seems to be gone now. So I am starting over.

I would have thought the license was included with the ID, but anyway, I bought a master license and filled in the registration number - it took it, but when I look at Help -> Registration Information, it says UNREGISTERED - 30 days left in the trial period. So it appears it still is not recognizing my registration.

What am I doing wrong?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #451 on: January 24, 2015, 05:17:33 pm »

Hi. I got the ID for Christmas and set it up (MC 20). Working great. Today it says my trial period expired. It wouldn't go any farther after rebooting, keeps telling me the trial period expired.

I read some of the other posts and tried reverting to the original settings via option 77 on the mainmenu after first backing up my library. It appears reverting also removed the library backup, since it seems to be gone now. So I am starting over.

I would have thought the license was included with the ID, but anyway, I bought a master license and filled in the registration number - it took it, but when I look at Help -> Registration Information, it says UNREGISTERED - 30 days left in the trial period. So it appears it still is not recognizing my registration.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi Dan,
Did you get a license number in the box with it?
If not, PM me with the serial number off of the bottom of the Id and I'll email it to you.

Thanks,
Bob

shang_2000

• Recent member
« Reply #452 on: January 27, 2015, 06:36:50 am »

I chose "12" to upgrade the system and found jriver version is 20.0.50, can I upgrade really successful?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #453 on: January 27, 2015, 12:58:56 pm »

I chose "12" to upgrade the system and found jriver version is 20.0.50, can I upgrade really successful?
That is the current version for the Id.
There will likely be a newer version uploaded today or Thursday.

jd7744

• Recent member
« Reply #454 on: January 27, 2015, 06:56:26 pm »

Any chance the next update will allow mounting the NAS as a file server?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #455 on: January 28, 2015, 09:33:32 pm »

Any chance the next update will allow mounting the NAS as a file server?
There will be a MC update first and the next full update is planned to allow NAS mounting. That's actually the sticking point of the Id update being released.

jd7744

• Recent member
« Reply #456 on: January 29, 2015, 06:02:34 am »

Thanks Bob. Makes it work for me.
Jim

hlesser

• Recent member
NUC for Windows and hardware inquiries
« Reply #457 on: January 29, 2015, 07:35:45 am »

(1) Which NUC model / processor / memory config are you currently using?

(2) Any plans for a turnkey NUC-based Windows 7 or 8 system, particularly for those of us with USB DACs that don't have Linux drivers (e.g., Chord QuteHD)?

(3) Have you looked at the fit-pc.com website -- the new fitlet and the Intense PC / Intense PC2 models are silent and might be good Intel NUC alternatives

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #458 on: January 29, 2015, 09:14:50 am »

You can see more details on the NUC here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Id

It's the 2820FYKH.

At this point, we don't have plans for a Windows version.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #459 on: January 29, 2015, 05:07:29 pm »

Just posted an update to MediaCenter for the Id. Use the Id's update function to get it. You can check the Linux update thread to see what the changes are.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=95205.0

Ferdi

• World Citizen
« Reply #460 on: January 31, 2015, 12:46:03 am »

Not really a question, but a comment.
I am not the most technical audio dude. Love my music and listening to it. No fancy setup with dac and so on. Use both PC and NAS (and hate plex and other options for NAS), try Sonos (had a great discount :D easy to setup but not really the greatest sound), and have airport express'es installed for my "real" stereos.
All is wifi, no cables.
From all my options, my preferred option is playing via JRiver / yremote, just love this stuff. Best software ever, great team, great patching process. I am in IT and admire you for that.
Use it since the late 90's juke box times. FAN.  I don't like having my PC running all the time though, hence these Sonos and NAS experiments.

I would LOVE to love ID.
I just simply don't understand what it does and how it helps me. That drawing is the only thing that explains a but, and it's totally irrelevant for my setup. All explanations in technical terms and features lists.
Tell me why should I spend 300$? Is ID only meant to be for audio geeks (don't mean that in a bad way), not for average consumer? Maybe it's not a consumer product. Or is this maybe a product that's obsolete with all emerging technology?

Jim, I saw a discussion thread where you asked why people love Sonos. One reason is: they do a great job explaining what it they sell.
 If ID is great - and I have no doubt - i am sure you'd sell a lot more if you'd explain in simple terms and sketches what it does. The sketch you have includes two ID's. That turns me off, too expensive. 1 ID for each stereo / speaker? No way. Or am I not getting it?
Cmon, sell me on it!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #461 on: January 31, 2015, 08:12:46 am »

If ID is great - and I have no doubt - i am sure you'd sell a lot more if you'd explain in simple terms and sketches what it does. The sketch you have includes two ID's. That turns me off, too expensive. 1 ID for each stereo / speaker? No way. Or am I not getting it?
Cmon, sell me on it!
That's such a great straight line.  But I know you're serious.

It magically connects your computer with a playback device (DAC, Receiver, TV).

It preserves the quality of your audio.  It can play anything MC can.

You can control it with JRemote or Gizmo on a smart phone.

Ferdi

• World Citizen
« Reply #462 on: January 31, 2015, 05:12:01 pm »

Thanks Jim.
But how is it different to controlling MC that's running on my PC, and streaming it to an airport express? The pc has to be on anyways, with the ID, airport express has an optical out and feeds into a dac. Airport express is way cheaper, and not even the cheapest of such technologies out there. Multiply the price difference with the number of speakers / stereo's / TV's connect.
Sorry, I still don't get it, which can be entirely my fault and ignorance :(

and yes I am serious, darn serious  ;)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #463 on: January 31, 2015, 05:23:02 pm »

Sorry, but I think you've convinced yourself.

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #464 on: January 31, 2015, 10:55:30 pm »

How was the Id’s default buffer size of 500 ms determined? This value is substantially larger than recommended buffer sizes in MC for Windows, i.e 50ms and 100ms for ASIO and WASAPI, respectively.  IME, buffer sizes (and apparently Period sizes} do impact sound quality.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #465 on: February 01, 2015, 07:55:39 am »

You can change it if you prefer something different.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #466 on: February 01, 2015, 08:00:24 am »

How was the Id’s default buffer size of 500 ms determined? This value is substantially larger than recommended buffer sizes in MC for Windows, i.e 50ms and 100ms for ASIO and WASAPI, respectively.  IME, buffer sizes (and apparently Period sizes} do impact sound quality.

The buffer sizes work differently on Linux. The "period time" is the hardware buffer and has the biggest influence on playback stabilitiy, which by default is 100ms just like on Windows. The "buffer time" is an extra software ring buffer, and should be at least twice the size of the period buffer.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Ferdi

• World Citizen
« Reply #467 on: February 01, 2015, 12:38:36 pm »

Sorry, but I think you've convinced yourself.

Guess it will remain a mystery for me then. No worries.

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #468 on: February 01, 2015, 02:54:33 pm »

You can change it if you prefer something different.

I have done this.

sorepinky

« Reply #469 on: February 03, 2015, 10:40:38 pm »

I have been assisting a friend in setting up his Id here in Sydney, Australia.  For the sake of its possible return, he is "John from Sydney" known to JRiver's sales lady.

A Windows 7 PC stores his music files and runs MC20's library server.  The Id is connected via Ethernet to a common router.

There has been a few problems, from trying to determine a suitable audio device from an array of cryptic possibilities, to excessive latency in push mode.  With gapless playback, it was taking about 10 or more seconds to list the next track as No.2, so if the Next track button was pressed on JRemote or Gizmo during the first 10 or so seconds of the first track, it just wasn’t ready.   Deciding that the Id wasn't really suitable for him as a renderer,  I set it up to load the library from the PC and run in "pull" mode (something that I do here with a Windows 8 Lenovo Tiny PC that works really well).  Although the Id takes a little time to load the library, this no big deal.  When Play (on  JRemote or Gizmo) is pressed, all of the tracks then appear immediately for quick next track selection.

The Id is connected via USB to a SOtM dX-USB converter that works fine on a Windows laptop or Apple Mac Mini.  The audio driver finally selected was "front:CARD=S20,DEV=0[ALSA]” after seeing it mentioned earlier in this thread re another XMOS-based USB device.

So with everything generally stable and looking promising, the problem remaining is that when a singer sings a word with the letter S in it, there is very heavy crackling distortion.  It is much more than a general sibilance.

I have thoroughly searched these threads and can find references to crackling, but not with the Id.

Is there something that could be adjusted to remove the crackle?  He is playing FLAC files only.

Connected to the SOtM converter is an old Sony DAC/preamp that accepts 44 and 48 only, so I have set MC on the Id to convert to 44 and 48 where necessary.  The crackling was on ripped CDs at 44.  I was gonna try converting to 48 to see if that fixed it, but I'm guessing a bit there.

The Id arrived around Xmas and I saw that there was an update a day or so after delivery so I did that.  I will get him to update it again.

Perhaps I have left out detail here, but I can fill in any specific gaps if requested.

I was looking at going over to his place and giving it another shot this coming weekend. 

Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #470 on: February 04, 2015, 07:56:21 am »

Did you test without the USB convertor?  The sound problem you're having isn't one I recognize.  It's not normal.

You could also test with analog out.  That would tell you whether the problem is in MC or further down the line.

Did you try SOtM?  Does it work on Linux?

sorepinky

« Reply #471 on: February 04, 2015, 04:34:34 pm »

SoTM claims that it works with "Windows OS/Linux/MAC OS-X".

John's SOtM has been tested to work well on PC and Mac Mini, so we don't think the problem lies there.  Also his Sony DAC/preamp works fine with digital input from his CD player.

We did not try the analogue out of the Id.  Perhaps that's something we could try this weekend.

He received an email from your sales lady Deanna who kindly offered to accept its return, so maybe he would prefer to return it and buy a laptop than persist.  I hope he persists and we get it going properly else I feel that the Id has beaten us.

My hunch is that it might play nicely on 48kHz.  This is from experience that I had with a Focusrite 2i2 that crackled part way through a log sweep out of REW on a Windows laptop using 96, but did a fine job when set to 88.

Also, although we settled on the audio device that I mentioned in my previous post, there are two others that looks like possibilities that we did not try.  These are the second from top, and the last one in this photo which I took after attaching the SoTM (since I do not know how to capture an image on Linux):

The ones with "S20..." only appeared after attaching the SoTM.  Should we try those?

The one with "iec958.." produced sound, but only at a very low level requiring the Sony to be cranked up to full.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #472 on: February 04, 2015, 09:37:37 pm »

The device names are the hints that the ALSA driver gives us.
In general the front: devices are the hardware devices.
Anything that uses default or sysdefault are going through the system mixer which we want to avoid in general.
The iec one is spdif.

How the device reacts to any of these hints depends on the individual device driver.

if you have a relatively recent Id update there could be access to the alsa mixer control on either hidden option 13 or 14, can't quite remember which off the top of my head. The other is access to the wireless config tool.
You may have to resize the window that the mixer shows up in if you are in gui mode.

If you don't have that you could download the beta firmware update at the top of this board.

My Id works plays tracks instantaneously being pushed to when transitioning gaplessly.
I suggest you check the PC's DLNA server settings. There is no reason for conversion to be on when pushing to (or pulling from) the Id. Make sure that audio is set to "Original Format" in the DLNA server config.
Similarly if you are connecting the Id as a library server client to the PC, make sure "Don't Convert" is selected in Media Network->Client Options (when connected to a library server)->Audio

sorepinky

« Reply #473 on: February 04, 2015, 10:53:42 pm »

Thanks Bob and Jim.

OK we will stick with the current audio device "front:CARD=S20,DEV=0[ALSA]" and avoid the mixer.

On the Id I did set Audio Conversion to "convert if necessary" to PCM 16.  I did this because John has an old Sony DAC connected to the SoTM that I figured would not want to receive anything of higher bit depth.  In DSP Studio I also set every bitrate over 44 and 48 to downsample to either 44 or 48 for the sake of his Sony.  Now given that nearly all of his albums are ripped from CDs, I see that I perhaps ought to correct both his "serving" PC and the Id to "don't convert audio" or as you say "original format" (I assume you mean on the Id there as I don't see it on my Windows version).  I guess he will then need to convert any FLAC files on his HDD that were ripped from HDCD to 44/16 (one or two are at 44/24 with the padding that dBPoweramp put in there).

One other thing that I set on the Id was to play from memory.  Not for any perceived sound quality reason, but to shoot the whole track across the network in a burst instead of hoping on a real time network flow (this can ofcourse be observed under Windows Task Manager).  I do this at my place with the Lenovo which has much more RAM than the Id.  I'll turn that off for John.

Hopefully he hasn't sent it back already.  I'll call him tonight.

Cheers

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #474 on: February 05, 2015, 09:42:23 am »

We're in the process of adding support for external NAS and USB drives.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Id#NAS_and_USB_Drives

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #475 on: February 05, 2015, 09:51:35 am »

Thanks Bob and Jim.

OK we will stick with the current audio device "front:CARD=S20,DEV=0[ALSA]" and avoid the mixer.

On the Id I did set Audio Conversion to "convert if necessary" to PCM 16.  I did this because John has an old Sony DAC connected to the SoTM that I figured would not want to receive anything of higher bit depth.  In DSP Studio I also set every bitrate over 44 and 48 to downsample to either 44 or 48 for the sake of his Sony.  Now given that nearly all of his albums are ripped from CDs, I see that I perhaps ought to correct both his "serving" PC and the Id to "don't convert audio" or as you say "original format" (I assume you mean on the Id there as I don't see it on my Windows version).  I guess he will then need to convert any FLAC files on his HDD that were ripped from HDCD to 44/16 (one or two are at 44/24 with the padding that dBPoweramp put in there).

One other thing that I set on the Id was to play from memory.  Not for any perceived sound quality reason, but to shoot the whole track across the network in a burst instead of hoping on a real time network flow (this can ofcourse be observed under Windows Task Manager).  I do this at my place with the Lenovo which has much more RAM than the Id.  I'll turn that off for John.

Hopefully he hasn't sent it back already.  I'll call him tonight.

Cheers

Whether you are pushing to the Id or pulling from it, just stick to original format from the server and setup DSP studio on the Id to handle the sample rate range, etc.
Server side conversion is for devices that can only handle certain formats.
Client side of library server conversion is mainly for bandwidth and stream seeking issues.

sorepinky

« Reply #476 on: February 07, 2015, 02:11:52 am »

Went to John's as planned and tried the suggested settings (as well as trying 48kHz), but couldn't get it to play without crackling heavily on S's.  Can't say that the Id is to blame.  It might be an incompatibility with the SoTM hardware (which I have seen with SoTM gear before) or something downstream.  Nonetheless John's a bit over it and has decided to send the Id back.  Thanks for your help and John says thanks very much for offering to accept its return.

jd7744

• Recent member
« Reply #477 on: February 08, 2015, 07:29:10 pm »

A reply to member frefrefri's comments asking why something like the Id might be so useful. I start noting that MC is the acknowledged top of the line software for rendering clean digits from windows systems with 7 good and 8 better. Those comments come from Absolute Sound and well as Stereophile magazines in numerous articles on computer audio alternatives.

I've been looking for a better server/renderer for a while. I have sonos in one place with 4 units synchronized and a similar setup in another place with Logitech Squeezebox units. I use these systems for background music which plays virtually all the time. In both of those locations I have a high end audio system as well which I use for real listening. CJ ART pre and amps fed by Berkeley Alpha DAC S2 and into my little puppies, the wonderful Revel Studio's. My second setup is Krell, revel monitors and a mydac. I now use my main computers, which I build to fairly high audio quality specs, in each location to "serve" up the music each with juli@ cards. I use MC in both.

Trouble is I also use the computers for fairly active business and personal uses and I would prefer something that is dedicated music only, stays on all the time and can be controlled by ipad/phone. So the NUC fits for me. I admit that I'm playing with the Linux version but, given the idea, built a quick i5 windows version and that now runs MC through Sonos (which provides sync through all units in the house) with the choice of my music or created playlists from Pandora, Spotify and Sirius.

If we get this to run as cleanly as the windows version I would do two things. First, connect it to a high grade USB converter like the Berkeley or Empirical Audio and into the DAC, and, second, set some friends up with a great audio server/renderer at a price hard to beat (impossible at comparable USB audio quality) with the best software out there.

Congrats out to Bob and Jim for getting this where it is. Thanks to all the other folks out there who added to development through comments on this forum and I think we really have something here, high quality sound far surpassing Sonos or the like (not in the same league) at a great price.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #478 on: February 08, 2015, 09:36:05 pm »

Thanks for saying so.  It's Bob's work.  I'm just a spectator.

oon_the_kid

• Recent member
« Reply #479 on: February 10, 2015, 08:40:55 pm »

Hi,

I have a my JRiver Id for a few months now and other than the time when I switched DAC to a wyred4sound USB to spdif converter (got that fixed too eventually) everything sounded great.

I now want to try changing the upsampling reconstruction filter but I don't know how? From what I have read somewhere the JRiver is using the secret rabbit code reconstruction software, I am looking for one which which has a gradual low pass rather than a brickwall lowpass with minimal pre-post ringing. I am not computer engineering gifted so a step by step instruction would be really helpful.

Many thanks in advance

Oon

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #480 on: February 11, 2015, 11:33:33 am »

I now want to try changing the upsampling reconstruction filter but I don't know how? From what I have read somewhere the JRiver is using the secret rabbit code reconstruction software, I am looking for one which which has a gradual low pass rather than a brickwall lowpass with minimal pre-post ringing. I am not computer engineering gifted so a step by step instruction would be really helpful.

You can specify upsampling in DSP Studio > Output Format.  There's no secret magic -- we use the highest quality filters available and there's nothing to configure (except the rate you want).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

oon_the_kid

• Recent member
« Reply #481 on: February 12, 2015, 01:01:30 am »

Hi Matt,

I am sure it is a good one, but everybody might have their own preference. I believe you can insert your own vst filter plug in or something like that. But what I want to know is where I can get the filter(s) and where do I insert it?

I think the best way to describe what I would like to do can be described in this post

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?99088-Upsampling-Impressions&highlight=filter

But implement it in JRiver. Is there some sort of plug in where I could add on to JRiver and I could tweak on the upsampling/reconstruction filter.

Thanks.

Oon

Thanks.

Oon

Shin

« Reply #482 on: February 13, 2015, 05:57:45 pm »

Dear Jim JRiver, and forum members,

I bought Id last year and tried for some months then I changed JRMC20 on Windows as server, Id as renderer and JRemote on iPad as control point (Case 1 setting followed).

I usually rip a CD as one wav file with cue sheet. It's one of the reasons I'd been using JRiver.
Now I have a trouble playing these files. When I select any tracks from the album, the first track (from the beginning of ripped CDs) starts to play every time.
I set zone to Id in JRMC20 on Windows and cue directly inside MC, the result is same as Case 1.

However, there had been no trouble before I updated Id and JRMC20-Win on about Feb. 1st.

When I change setting to Case 2, it works well.

Case 1
Server: JRMC20 on Windows
Renderer: Id
control point: JRemote

Case 2
Server: Id
 set ID playing from MC on Windows
 set player on zone
Control point: JRemote

I experienced same situation when Linn DS was used as a renderer.

If you know how to fix it, please let me know.

Shin

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #483 on: February 20, 2015, 01:09:07 am »

Apparently one can disable Wi-Fi only in GUI mode under Wicd Network Manager window. However, when Wicd Network Manager is closed and reopened, or Id is rebooted to any mode, Wi-Fi is re-enabled.  And I could not find any obvious command in BIOS to disable Wi-Fi. Will there be a way in the future to disable the Wi-Fi adapter on the Id?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #484 on: February 20, 2015, 10:26:49 am »

Dear Jim JRiver, and forum members,

I bought Id last year and tried for some months then I changed JRMC20 on Windows as server, Id as renderer and JRemote on iPad as control point (Case 1 setting followed).

I usually rip a CD as one wav file with cue sheet. It's one of the reasons I'd been using JRiver.
Now I have a trouble playing these files. When I select any tracks from the album, the first track (from the beginning of ripped CDs) starts to play every time.
I set zone to Id in JRMC20 on Windows and cue directly inside MC, the result is same as Case 1.

However, there had been no trouble before I updated Id and JRMC20-Win on about Feb. 1st.

When I change setting to Case 2, it works well.

Case 1
Server: JRMC20 on Windows
Renderer: Id
control point: JRemote

Case 2
Server: Id
 set ID playing from MC on Windows
 set player on zone
Control point: JRemote

I experienced same situation when Linn DS was used as a renderer.

If you know how to fix it, please let me know.

Shin

What format are your cue/bin's in?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #485 on: February 20, 2015, 10:31:27 am »

Apparently one can disable Wi-Fi only in GUI mode under Wicd Network Manager window. However, when Wicd Network Manager is closed and reopened, or Id is rebooted to any mode, Wi-Fi is re-enabled.  And I could not find any obvious command in BIOS to disable Wi-Fi. Will there be a way in the future to disable the Wi-Fi adapter on the Id?
The wifi doesn't have an address and isn't associated, right? (looking at menu option 11).
Are you trying to completely disable the wireless? Even if the device driver isn't loaded it will still be powered up unless physically removed.

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #486 on: February 20, 2015, 12:48:56 pm »

The wifi doesn't have an address and isn't associated, right? (looking at menu option 11).
Are you trying to completely disable the wireless? Even if the device driver isn't loaded it will still be powered up unless physically removed.
The wifi doesn't have an address but it still appears to be active. I just wanted to turn off wireless connectivity without removing the card so that it is not constantly processing signals from other wireless devices in the neighborhood which can be seen in Wicd Network Manager (WNW). I assumed that I would be able to do this using  the switch off/on button in WNM, which apparently doesn't change anything.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #487 on: February 20, 2015, 01:24:20 pm »

Maybe he's looking for something like rfkill: https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/documentation/rfkill

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #488 on: February 20, 2015, 02:04:15 pm »

Maybe he's looking for something like rfkill: https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/documentation/rfkill
It's on there but not in the menu.
I just tested it. It claims the wifi is softblocked when I try to block it.
The interface isn't removed though and I didn't see anything interesting in dmesg to confirm that something actually happened.

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #489 on: February 23, 2015, 02:46:30 am »

I've been using the Id as a DLNA renderer in my home network for months. Just today my win 8.1 PC/Server running JRMC19 did not recognize the Id. So I checked Id status in GUI mode and got the “Trial Period Ended” message. I was able to restore license with registration code. After that, I rebooted the Id. This time the Id showed up in Windows File Explorer media devices and MC19. But I couldn't play music.  I clicked on Id webpage link in Explorer and noticed no audio devices were displayed to choosefrom. I rebooted Id to GUI mode and got the “Trial Period ded” message again. I repeated the process to no avail. I also noticed each time after restoring my license that no audio devices nor settings we available to choose from in GUI.

Do have an idea Why the Id doesn't remember my registration? And why the list of audio devices is gone?

I check for updates once a week, and the Id was running fine the past couple days using recent (?) update 64 until today. What do you suggest I do now? Thanks.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #490 on: February 23, 2015, 09:40:34 am »

I've been using the Id as a DLNA renderer in my home network for months. Just today my win 8.1 PC/Server running JRMC19 did not recognize the Id. So I checked Id status in GUI mode and got the “Trial Period Ended” message. I was able to restore license with registration code. After that, I rebooted the Id. This time the Id showed up in Windows File Explorer media devices and MC19. But I couldn't play music.  I clicked on Id webpage link in Explorer and noticed no audio devices were displayed to choosefrom. I rebooted Id to GUI mode and got the “Trial Period ded” message again. I repeated the process to no avail. I also noticed each time after restoring my license that no audio devices nor settings we available to choose from in GUI.

Do have an idea Why the Id doesn't remember my registration? And why the list of audio devices is gone?

I check for updates once a week, and the Id was running fine the past couple days using recent (?) update 64 until today. What do you suggest I do now? Thanks.
Sounds like the Id filesystem is corrupted.
I'd download the repair image (or beta image if you want the new disk menu) and first do a memory test.
If that's good, do a filesystem check from the restore menu.
If that's good, make sure you have a library backup (in /export/media or off the system on a usb key) and then do a firmware restore from the repair image.
If the backup license copy was corrupted you might want to re-enter the license key from that choice in the repair menu as well.
Finally if the Id boots to a black screen in text mode, re-run the repair image and do the boot repair option.

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #491 on: February 23, 2015, 10:30:41 am »

Sounds like the Id filesystem is corrupted.
I'd download the repair image (or beta image if you want the new disk menu) and first do a memory test.
where can I find links to the  downloads you refer to?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #492 on: February 23, 2015, 10:46:06 am »

where can I find links to the  downloads you refer to?
They are stickied in this forum.
The general instructions:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=94636.0
The Beta Firmware
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=95314.0

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #493 on: February 23, 2015, 11:12:58 am »

Thanks Bob--wasn't aware of the new Id forum.

85Duppie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #494 on: February 23, 2015, 01:27:59 pm »

I just received my id Friday and experimented with it over the weekend.  The instructions indicate you can change the audio output through Internet Explorer using the Media Devices option.  I could not find that in Explorer 11.  Is there a way to do it using Firefox or Chrome?  I connected a monitor to change to my usb output.  If one could log into the id through a network attached computer, it would be very helpful and convenient.

Once I got it playing, I noticed somewhere within albums and playlists, some tracks would not play.  Those that played worked fine, but I was discouraged that all tracks would not play.  The server I use is MC 19 on a computer running Ubuntu 14.04.  When I change the server back to Twonky on the NAS drive, it plays the tracks MC 19 would not.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I did receive a license key for MC 20 and I attempted to upgrade MC 19 to MC 20 on my server.  The install looks like it ran, but I cannot find where it did.  The only thing left is my MC icon that brings up MC 19.  Perhaps a successful upgrade to MC 20 could fix my problem.

My other question about the id is how do I back it up?  What do I do if the device fails and needs a new drive?
JRiver Id w MC 20.0.118, Samsung Galaxy Android Tablet running Bubble UPnP, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w BridgeII

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #495 on: February 23, 2015, 04:24:43 pm »

I just received my id Friday and experimented with it over the weekend.  The instructions indicate you can change the audio output through Internet Explorer using the Media Devices option.  I could not find that in Explorer 11.  Is there a way to do it using Firefox or Chrome?  I connected a monitor to change to my usb output.  If one could log into the id through a network attached computer, it would be very helpful and convenient.
Look at the Id zone in your Ubuntu MC.
Right-Click->Show Device Webpage->Audio Device
Once I got it playing, I noticed somewhere within albums and playlists, some tracks would not play.  Those that played worked fine, but I was discouraged that all tracks would not play.  The server I use is MC 19 on a computer running Ubuntu 14.04.  When I change the server back to Twonky on the NAS drive, it plays the tracks MC 19 would not.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?
If you are only sending to the Id, change the DLNA server settings on your MC 19 to NOT convert files. The Id should be able to play any of the files on your PC.
Since you are using an external DAC you will likely have to adjust the DSP studio settings to fit the sample rates that your DAC can handle.
I did receive a license key for MC 20 and I attempted to upgrade MC 19 to MC 20 on my server.  The install looks like it ran, but I cannot find where it did.  The only thing left is my MC icon that brings up MC 19.  Perhaps a successful upgrade to MC 20 could fix my problem.
Delete the MC19 icon, find the new MC 20 icon in the Application list and drag it to the desktop. Since you are using a non-supported disto you might have to get some help from the people who use that.
My other question about the id is how do I back it up?  What do I do if the device fails and needs a new drive?
There is a repair/reinstall stick online.

85Duppie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #496 on: February 23, 2015, 11:44:33 pm »

Baseball

Thank you for your response.  I looked in the applications section of Ubuntu and could not find an icon for MC 20.  Is the icon like the one for MC 19, A circular with the play button in the middle?  The only thing I remember seeing was a box icon that looked like the file download.  I will check for it again.

Should I update Ubuntu to 14.10?
JRiver Id w MC 20.0.118, Samsung Galaxy Android Tablet running Bubble UPnP, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w BridgeII

thraph

• Recent member
« Reply #497 on: February 24, 2015, 04:23:56 am »

Hi,

I use Qobuz. Is there a chance to play Qobuz through the Id in the near future ? (and also Desktop JRiver by the way) ?

Thank you

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #498 on: February 24, 2015, 07:06:52 am »

Hi,

I use Qobuz. Is there a chance to play Qobuz through the Id in the near future ? (and also Desktop JRiver by the way) ?

Thank you
Not at this time.  Not soon.

Shin

« Reply #499 on: February 25, 2015, 04:22:04 pm »

What format are your cue/bin's in?

Hi bob, sorry for late reply.

I rip CDs using Exact audio copy (EAC) and it generates an uncompressed wav format CD image file and a cue sheet file with its default setting like followed:

REM GENRE Music
REM DATE 1993
REM DISCID 930D130A
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v1.0b3"
CATALOG 4560124910310
PERFORMER "Gil Goldstein, Romero Lubambo"
TITLE "Infinite Love (remaster 2013)"
FILE "Gil Goldstein, Romero Lubambo - Infinite Love (remaster 2013).wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "My Foolish Heart"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Luisa"
    PERFORMER "Gil Goldstein, Romero Lubambo (w. Toninho Horta)"
    INDEX 00 05:36:30
    INDEX 01 05:39:30
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "The Phoenicians"
    INDEX 00 11:09:35
    INDEX 01 11:12:35

MC auto-imports these files into the library and works fine.

I tried JRMC19 for mac as a renderer, same thing happened with Id.

Is something wrong with server function of JRMC20 for windows?

Shin
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 26   Go Up