INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver not recognizing DLNA devices  (Read 1686 times)

gary gallegos

JRiver not recognizing DLNA devices
« on: August 30, 2014, 03:24:14 pm »

I am having issues with JRiver MC finding a newly added Device.
 I purchased a second PS Audio DSD dac and connected  through a Ethernet cable to the router as my other PS Audio Perfect Wave MK II Dac.

JRiver MC will see one or the other dac. If I shut one PS Audio dac off and wait 5 to 10 minutes.  The Dac that is on will show up and can be played using the music stored in Audio. SO,  I am trying to get MC to see both dacs at the same time.  I would like to have the option to A/B the music through both dacs.
I contacted Ps Audio and they have gone through multiple trouble shooting sessions with me for hours.
  Ps audio also changed some of the internal firmware to see if it would help.
 Still no luck.
I am looking for solutions and I am considering starting over again with a new dedicated computer just for the Music system.

One last question is how do I install MC 20 on a new computer and remove MC20 from my existing computer without having to by another KEY?
Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver not recognizing DLNA devices
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 03:51:58 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  What version of MC are you using?

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 03:55:34 pm »

I am having issues with JRiver MC finding a newly added Device.
 I purchased a second PS Audio DSD dac and connected  through a Ethernet cable to the router as my other PS Audio Perfect Wave MK II Dac.

JRiver MC will see one or the other dac. If I shut one PS Audio dac off and wait 5 to 10 minutes.  The Dac that is on will show up and can be played using the music stored in Audio. SO,  I am trying to get MC to see both dacs at the same time.  I would like to have the option to A/B the music through both dacs.
I contacted Ps Audio and they have gone through multiple trouble shooting sessions with me for hours.
  Ps audio also changed some of the internal firmware to see if it would help.
 Still no luck.
I am looking for solutions and I am considering starting over again with a new dedicated computer just for the Music system.
I'm not really sure about the PS Audio devices, but could it be something as simple as them both having the same name?
Are there IP address conflicts with them on your network? They should be seen as separate devices and have separate IPs, but stranger things have happened.

One last question is how do I install MC 20 on a new computer and remove MC20 from my existing computer without having to by another KEY?
Thanks
The Media Center license covers all computers that you own for personal use. You don't have to remove it from the old computer.

gary gallegos

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 06:28:29 pm »

I am using JRiver MC 20.

And Yes I have checked the IP address on both dacs. One dac reads 192.168.1.1.142
 And the other dac reads 192.168.1.109
 I do have the ability to assign each dac an individual number.
 I tried changing the last three digits to  .ooo on one player just to see if that would work.
Is it possible that I should change more of the digits instead of the last three?
I am willing to give it a try.
And I also have given the dacs/devices individual names.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 06:44:04 pm »

And Yes I have checked the IP address on both dacs. One dac reads 192.168.1.1.142
You may have typed that incorrectly. 

192.168.1.1.142 isn't a valid IP address.

192.168.1.142 is valid.

gary gallegos

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 07:04:25 pm »

The 192.168.1.1.142 isn't a valid IP address. This is how the Dac was programed.
I will change it to see if 192.168.1.142 makes a difference.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 09:15:52 pm »

Two things:

1) Your router will only route IP packets for IP addresses within its own "sub net". If you are giving manual IP addresses to your players that are not in the sub net then their packets will not be routed. Better to enable the DHCP service on your router and turn on the players "use DHCP" setting.

2) Every UPnP device has a so called uuid (universally unique identifier). If the device manufacturer has done his job properly then every instance of every product will have a different uuid, but often the device programmers get lazy and use a hard wired number (the assume nobody would have two instances of the same device). If that is the case then UPnP control points cannot differentiate between the two devices, and nothing will work. In that case you need to get the manufacturer to either fix the product or give you a refund.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up