INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo with Bluetooth  (Read 3190 times)

Bazza

• Recent member
Gizmo with Bluetooth
« on: August 31, 2014, 11:45:19 am »

I have searched the forum without success so hope you can advise me. After joining the JRiver camp in the MC18 era I have become comfortable streaming the stored music on my laptop to my PS Audio DirectStream DAC wirelessly and using Gizmo at times through my Android phone.  I now have upgraded to MC19 and soon will be taking delivery of a PS Audio Sprout (integrated amp with DAC) that has Bluetooth technology built into it.  Forgive my ignorance of Bluetooth which I have never used but will I be able to stream MC 19 to this Bluetooth equipped device using Gizmo through my Bluetooth equipped Android phone? If not what will I need to do to play my files wirelessly on this device?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo with Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 02:42:04 pm »

That should work.  Bluetooth, as you probably know, has a range of about 30 feet.

Bazza

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 04:19:59 pm »

Thanks very much Jim.  I know now to have the Bluetooth devices close to each other. :)

erniek

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 10:23:52 am »

How come my android phone is recognized by Bluetooth on my Asus Vivo but cannot connect from the phone even though it also recognizes the Vivo?
Is there an easier way to control my Vivo with my phone. I only want to control the Vivo to play JRiver and select the music.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 10:57:55 am »

If you want to control the Asus, which I assume is running JRiver MC, and have Gizmo on your phone, them you should be able to select the Asus as the server on your phone and the Asus as the zone to play in. This will be over your network, not bluetooth. Bluetooth is for streaming the audio.

Ken
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

erniek

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 12:09:03 pm »

So I have to use my FIOS server to connect? Why would I not be able to just do a direct connect to the Asus?

erniek

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 11:59:03 am »

What is the best possible way to control my PC with JRiver installed on it remotely and no internet access?

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 05:03:02 am »

If you want to play media back from your PC while controlling it remotely, you'll need at least a wifi network. Any DLNA playback software you put on your phone will require at least a wifi connection. If you want to use Gizmo, you'll need internet access as it checks the server code off a DB, but there are plenty of apps that will allow you to play to MC using DLNA.

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 06:32:40 pm »

If you want to use Gizmo, you'll need internet access as it checks the server code off a DB, but there are plenty of apps that will allow you to play to MC using DLNA.

Actually, you don't need internet access to use Gizmo. Of course, both the server and Android device need to be on the same network (router). Just use the MC server's ip address as the access code to connect in Gizmo:

mc-server-ip:52199

Example: 192.168.1.100:52199
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 07:31:26 pm »

You're right. My apologies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up