INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I get error when I try to sync my kitkat phone :(  (Read 3736 times)

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
I get error when I try to sync my kitkat phone :(
« on: September 03, 2014, 11:47:24 am »

I can't put the "storage mode". I only can put "MTP" mode.

When I try to sync I get many errors and some m4a files it don't sync.

How to solve it?

thank you

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: I get error when I try to sync my kitkat phone :(
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 01:09:06 pm »

It should sync fine in either mode. What errors are you receiving?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 01:13:05 pm »

What model of phone?  Are they these kinds of errors:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89449.0

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 01:21:21 pm »

Hi,

I have OnePlus with android 4.4.4 (CyanogenMod 11S).

The errors:

1) when I connect my phone to j river I need wait too many time for see the list of audio-files inside of the phone.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8y-hqUqRJttUEJBbEpBcy05QW8/edit?usp=sharing

2) when I sync any files are not synced. When I try to sync another time I get the same problem.
3) when I sync, for some files, I get error:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8y-hqUqRJttWHYxclgwSnRzRzA/edit?usp=sharing

4) I get a error message similar to this:

how to solve it? is it possible use m3u or m4u list? I prefer m4u list!

thank you

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 01:28:51 pm »

I get the exact same errors.  I get pages of those tagging errors every time I try to sync my Note 3.

I have a lot of files on my phone (64GB SD card); when I first connect the phone and navigate to it in drives and devices, MC takes about twenty minutes to half an hour before displaying the files, and then throws pages of those tagging errors.  After that I can sync, but the sync doesn't always detect existing files on the phone correctly.

It's been this way for me for a few months, and I've switched to "syncing" my phone using windows file transfers.  

Some of the folks in the thread I linked above were seeing the same issue. I'm not aware of a MC workaround at the moment.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 01:32:30 pm »

1) when I connect my phone to j river I need wait too many time for see the list of audio-files inside of the phone.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8y-hqUqRJttUEJBbEpBcy05QW8/edit?usp=sharing

This is normal. I wish it was faster too.

2) when I sync any files are not synced. When I try to sync another time I get the same problem.
3) when I sync, for some files, I get error: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8y-hqUqRJttWHYxclgwSnRzRzA/edit?usp=sharing
4) I get a error message similar to this:

Are you using FlexRAID?

how to solve it? is it possible use m3u or m4u list? I prefer m4u list!

That should be irrelevant.

I get the exact same errors.  I get pages of those tagging errors every time I try to sync my Note 3.

I have a lot of files on my phone (64GB SD card); when I first connect the phone and navigate to it in drives and devices, MC takes about twenty minutes to half an hour before displaying the file contents, and then throws pages of those tagging errors.  After that I can sync, but the sync doesn't always detect existing files on the phone correctly.

It's been this way for me for a few months, and I've switched to "syncing" my phone using windows file transfers. 

Some of the folks in the thread I linked above were seeing the same issue. I'm not aware of a MC workaround at the moment.

That's strange. I have a Nexus 5 running literally hot off the presses android (slimkat) and have never had this issue. Could you try enabling USB debugging mode in developer options and seeing if that helps (I always have my phone in USB debugging mode).

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 01:47:57 pm »

@Bryan - I'm not using flexraid or any other disk management system. I tried enabling USB debugging for exactly this reason, and I left it on for a variety of reasons; it didn't make a difference

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 01:57:44 pm »

If I enable "USB debugging" I get the same problem:

This is the problem:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8y-hqUqRJttVXlBYTNDcGktNDQ/edit?usp=sharing

When I had my old phone with SD-Card (64GB) I didn't have any problem. My old phone have android 4.1 and I could use FAT file-system in my SD-card. Now I can't use FAT file-sytem. Google has forbidden FAT file-system for don't pay copyright to microsoft for each phone. Is not possible enable FAT in android 4.4.4 (I think). My one+ have 64GB.

I get the exact same errors.  I get pages of those tagging errors every time I try to sync my Note 3.

I have a lot of files on my phone (64GB SD card); when I first connect the phone and navigate to it in drives and devices, MC takes about twenty minutes to half an hour before displaying the files, and then throws pages of those tagging errors.  After that I can sync, but the sync doesn't always detect existing files on the phone correctly.

Also I have a lot of files in my phone. And yes, I have the same problem than you. I can see the same: very slow for show the files inside the phone and tagging errors.

How do you do for create the m3u without sync? is it possible create m4u lists?

This is normal. I wish it was faster too.

this is not normal my friend. With my old phone with android 4.1 I could sync without this problems. Now I need wait many minutes and before was instantaneous.

Are you using FlexRAID?

I don't know what is it  :D
RAID for SD? my phone don't have SD card.

That should be irrelevant.

this is very relevant my friend. If you use m3u in a phone with UTF (unicode system of characters) and you use files with special chars like òäëéñç... this audio-files are not played in the playlist (but this files are synced); the path of the file have strange symbols and it is not correct. You need save the playlist with UTF format with notepad for don't have this problem.

That's strange. I have a Nexus 5 running literally hot off the presses android (slimkat) and have never had this issue. Could you try enabling USB debugging mode in developer options and seeing if that helps (I always have my phone in USB debugging mode).

I've tried withe USB debuggin mode and I've can't solve it.

In J river 20 this problem persist??

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 01:58:50 pm »

@Bryan - I'm not suing flexraid or any other disk management system. I tried enabling USB debugging for exactly this reason, and I left it on for a variety of reasons; it didn't make a difference

I wonder if it has to do with the SD card.

Looks like it may be an Android 'issue' in KitKat:
http://www.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes#content

this is very relevant my friend. If you use m3u in a phone with UTF (unicode system of characters) and you use files with special chars like עהכיסח... this audio-files are not synced. You need save the playlist with UTF format with notepad for don't have this problem.

You are thinking of .m3u8 (m3u with unicode support), not m4u (which is some bogus iTunes 'proprietary' playlist format for AAC/MPEG-4 files).

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 02:10:39 pm »

So if that's the case it should be as simple as writing to the special sandbox folder that's writeable, right?  I'll try and tinker when I get home.

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 02:13:19 pm »

You are thinking of .m3u8 (m3u with unicode support), not m4u (which is some bogus iTunes 'proprietary' playlist format for AAC/MPEG-4 files).

you are right. Thank you for the clarification   :D I thought that m4u was open, not propietary.

Any developer of JRiver in here?? in jriver 20 this will be fixed?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2014, 02:18:49 pm »

cron,
I see a similar error, but the sync still works.  We'll investigate.

I removed your duplicate post.

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 02:22:48 pm »

cron,
I see a similar error, but the sync still works.  We'll investigate.

I removed your duplicate post.

thank you JimH.

one thing. the files that I get "tag error" are recorded inside the memory of the phone. but jriver detect that the files are not inside in the phone. So MC try to record this files (another time) and after we get the "tag error".

Pages: [1]   Go Up