INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wavein error trying to record on line-in  (Read 761 times)

Kerouac

wavein error trying to record on line-in
« on: February 04, 2002, 06:52:12 am »

I know there are similar postings out there regarding a wave-in error messge when trying to record on line-in. (for example, "Can't record with V8.0  by tevans 01-24-2002 08:51:17 P.M.")...The responses to these postings all seem to say "contact me" from "johnt" for test program and a fix. So I am posting the same in hope that I can get answer as well.

I am using (MJ 8.0.196) with Win2k.  In recorder settings, my device is "Crystal Sound Fusion" and I have tried both Line In and Mixer as my source.  I am trying to rip songs from my Minidisc player which is hooked up to the line-in jack on my computer. One thing which seems strange -- when I play the MD player I can hear it immediately on my system speakers without any music software running -- does this mean line-in is always "on"? and perhaps if the soundcard is not full duplex this is causing the problem?   How would I isolate what background app might be running that allows the line-in to just play?

Thanks in advance for help,

Lee

Raymond

RE:wavein error trying to record on line-in
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2002, 08:12:14 am »

It seems that your soundcard have a physical connection from line-in to line-out internally. There is nothing a software can do about it. But I might be wrong.

To record using MJ, after you had set up the recording setting within MJ, open up the Windows Volume Control (the speaker icon at the task bar) and go to Options -> Properties -> Recording, make sure the source (line-in) is checked and click OK. Now in the Recording Control dialog, make sure the source (line-in) is Selected.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:wavein error trying to record on line-in
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2002, 12:07:02 pm »

Kerouac,

This will be fixed in the next build. Thanks for the information and testing via email!

- John T.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up