INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where did sync go?  (Read 2875 times)

acmeseed

• Recent member
Where did sync go?
« on: September 26, 2014, 09:51:57 pm »

Hello,

I am using Gizmo with MC, for the life of me I can't find the option to synchronize the database. I remember it would pop up as part of the menu when I pressed the button on my phone that would bring up the menu, but now I can't.

Could you tell me where to find this?

I will greatly appreciate your response.

Mike.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Where did sync go?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2014, 07:34:55 am »

You must have authentication turned on on the server to sync between two computers.  Is that what you need?

Gizmo has an option to cache files locally so your phone can load itself before you're out of range from your wireless network.  Try the menu button on the phone.

acmeseed

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 12:55:28 pm »

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your reply. I do have authentication turned on at the server and I am not catching files locally on the phone. I can play all the music that is in the MC library prior to my last synchronization, but any new music added to the library after that does not show up and I do not know where to go to initiate the sync. I know that I had previously initiated this process and it had allowed the Gizmo to show any added files.

I do not know if I am explaining this clearly, I am new to Gizmo and MC, please let me know if this is not clear.

Regards,

Mike.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 01:10:37 pm »

Gizmo should not have to sync. Is your Gizmo pointing to the right Server?
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

acmeseed

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 01:21:47 pm »

Thanks,

Yes, it is pointing to the right server, I only have 1 running. If it does not have to sync, is there something I am missing that is preventing new music added to the library from showing up?

I may be going nuts, but I seem to remember during the last couple of weeks having to initiate a re-synch to the server for the music to show up.

Regards,

Mike.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 01:39:12 pm »

Do you have anything in "Tools - Options - Media Network - Advanced - ...Customize views for Gizmo & Web Gizmo" that might be blocking the new files?

acmeseed

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2014, 02:27:43 pm »

I have not changed the Options to customize the views, but I quickly looked at it and I don't see anything there, I'll look at it more carefully when I get back home; as far as I know that is all default, the only things I have changed is the auto import and the delay between songs.

Also, my apologies about the option to 'sync' I think I was getting it confused with the WinAmp remote app that I tried and did not like.

One thing pops in my head, a couple of days ago I started MC and it went through an installation, I assume an update from .17 to .20 ?

Could this added a new feature that may be causing this?

Thanks for all your replies.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2014, 02:53:32 pm »

20.0.17 is the latest public build. Check your versions again ;). You are using MC20 correct? None the less, an update is not the cause. I checked my Gizmo just now and it is seeing files I just imported.

Ken

acmeseed

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2014, 04:02:22 pm »

Sorry for the version confusion, the version I downloaded and installed on 9/13 is 20.0.10 and the one running now is 20.0.17, that little installation that ran automatically did update it to .17.

I just exited MC now and came back in and the files are showing up in my phone. Is there a possibility that if MC is running and you import files without exiting they will not show up on Gizmo until you run MC again?

Anyway, problem is resolved, thank so you much for your feedback.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 04:12:31 pm »

Could be a fluke, but you should not have to restart MC to get new files to show up. Glad it is working.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up