INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP to dlna  (Read 3008 times)

dallasjustice

• Junior Woodchuck
DSP to dlna
« on: July 31, 2014, 07:33:42 pm »

Dsp to dlna
I've been playing with a SOTM SMS-100. I tried unsuccessfully to use DIRAC on my server and output via DLNA to the SOTM unit.

For those that aren't familiar with DIRAC: DIRAC applies the DSP filter at the output. Typical setup is JRiver--->DIRAC WASAPI---->ASIO or kernel DAC device.

With SMS-100 DLNA as the endpoint, I select JRiver ASIO for the DIRAC output, as DIRAC lacks DLNA. When the SMS-100 is configured, it automatically creates a DLNA zone in JRiver which is the default zone assigned to the DLNA device. This cannot be changed.

I can set up 2 JRiver instances and loopback through one of the instances using JRiver ASIO driver. I can easily select JRiver ASIO as the output for DIRAC and the signal loopsback into the first instance of JRiver. However, for some reason, the JRiver ASIO driver will not work when looped back into the DLNA zone JRiver instance. I also tried linking another zone to the DLNA zone and that doesn't work either.

Unless DIRAC updates their software to enable DLNA or JRiver updates their software to allow JRiver ASIO loopback through a DLNA zone, the SMS-100 isn't going to work with DIRAC.

I think this is a limitation within JRiver. JRiver won't allow the ASIO loopback only into a DLNA zone. I also noticed that convolution and all other DSP is disabled inside the DLNA zone.

It would be great if JRiver (or DIRAC) could address these issues, as I believe there are many folks who want to stream to a DLNA device and use DSP in the process. DLNA seems like a very promising advance in CA. I just hope that it brings some of the more advanced features of CA along with it.

Michael.

firedog

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: DSP to dlna - Can't someone from JRiver respond?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 01:19:57 pm »

Thanks for reading and I hope responding

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DSP to dlna
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 01:46:37 pm »

I don't think DSP can be applied to DLNA at this time.

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 02:09:26 pm »

Are you (firedog) the same person as the OP -- confused.

AFAIK it is not possible for MC to push third party streams to DLNA -- even if looped back to itself.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

firedog

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 07:40:16 pm »

Are you (firedog) the same person as the OP -- confused.

AFAIK it is not possible for MC to push third party streams to DLNA -- even if looped back to itself.

No, I'm not the OP, just saw the thread was started a while back and hadn't gotten a response.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 09:55:15 am »

I was wondering about exactly the same thing a short time ago and got some answers on this topic. The lack of DSP support for DLNA has made me stop using DLNA.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re:
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 08:03:55 am »

Should be possible since todays build 20.0.27. They added the ability to use  DSP-Settings with an DLNA Server.
Pages: [1]   Go Up