INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Improved customer experience process??  (Read 1316 times)

adlelare

• World Citizen
Improved customer experience process??
« on: October 17, 2014, 04:31:58 pm »

Jim, et al.,

as someone who recently suffered through a couple of really bad JRiver TV PVR failures, i found the interaction with you folks a bit "odd", as you kept asking me for "crash logs", which quite frankly given what was going on was not a priority.  But can't you folks implement an automated "crash log" process that occurs without the user having to do something.  i suspect "crashing" unless it becomes a regular occurance catches most users off guard (IMC having used the audio for years with no hiccups i didn't even know of this until requested by your staff)...if this could be implemented i suspect (after me signing up for your new "customer experience process") you folks would automatically get all the info you are looking for and you would get it all the time (not just when someone gets around to posting on this site and ...).  Heck i suspect many like me (as my HTPC is really only used as an HTPC) would be agreeable to giving you access to operating parameters (like CPU, GPU, Memory, etc.) if it helps improve development/performance.  Regards.

Jack Fate 318

• World Citizen
Re: Improved customer experience process??
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 06:23:30 pm »

thanks for bringing this up ,wanted to go to mc20 I got 18 and same thing happened to me back then .I just gave up after months of crashes & a lot of work.

sorry to hear its the same still

still good for music tho

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 01:45:14 am »

Many crashes are caused by drivers or hardware.  This guide, thanks to glynor, will help you solve most problems.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Troubleshooting_Guide

Here's a recent one, for example:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92474.msg638018#msg638018

daveyravey1972 found that removing a tuner card solved his TV problem.

Daveyravey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 02:33:46 am »

Yes i had 2 dual tuners on a T2 card the other an S2 card and for some reason the S2 card was causing MC to crash randomly. Yaobing saw the crash log and said something not MC was causing the programme to close I suspected my tuner was suspect and it was.....
To be fair to Jim he is right since i have removed 2nd tuner MC20 is stable and i am a happy bunny again ! I will however update this post when i install a new S2 card

Try removing certain hardware to isolate the hardware is not causing the issue.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 09:15:50 am »

I'm going to close this thread.  Please start a new thread with a topic that describes the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up