INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio settings for TV  (Read 919 times)

Mr_X

Audio settings for TV
« on: January 30, 2002, 10:30:39 pm »

How do I choose the audio source for TV channels? I tried right click/devices/audio capture filter and set the "pin" to CD-Audio (the proper input) but nothing changes.
I have sound in the ATI TV player.

Ok, this is weird... I run the ATI player, I get sound. I close the player and open MJ, and voila, sound! I add a channel, and go to that channel, sound is gone! Close MJ, run ATI player, sound is back. Open MJ, sound is back again.

What's going on???

Ubae

RE:Audio settings for TV
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2002, 03:50:40 am »

I also am not getting sound from tv in 8.0.195.

Yaobing

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2002, 06:18:40 am »

I am going to make some changes so you can configure audio more easily. Meanwhile if you have WDM driver, you should see "Second Crossbar..." in the "Options" submenu (right-click in the video area).

Choose "Audio Decoder Out" from the drop-down menu in the "Output" panel, then select "Audio Tuner In" from the drop-down menu in the "Input" panel. Also check Link Related Stream check box. Click OK.

If you do not have WDM driver, try play with any available Audio option in the Options submenu.

If nothing works, please wait for the next build.

Yaobing

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2002, 06:27:15 am »

Sorry. My changes did not make into MJ version 8.0.196 yesterday.
They will be in the next build.

Mr_X

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2002, 05:37:30 pm »

Thanks for the info, I'll try that.

The menu options that you get from right-clicking the active TV screen are daunting. I don't understand much of them. Any chance you could explain what Capture Filters, Capture Pins, Video Crossbars and Second Crossbars are and the various options mean?

Mr_X

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2002, 06:05:19 pm »

The Second Crossbar setting changes fixed the audio.

I've noticed that the MJ player (for TV) runs the CPU at about 50 - 70%, whereas the ATI player is about 10 - 15%. Any chance of that changing in the future? Playback gets jerky above 70% (I can't run another program and watch TV using MJ)

Mr_X

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2002, 05:00:48 pm »

bump...
Pages: [1]   Go Up