INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC20 WDM driver performance problem  (Read 1545 times)

bblue

• Galactic Citizen
MC20 WDM driver performance problem
« on: October 31, 2014, 08:53:09 pm »

Starting with the update before 30 (27?) the WDM driver, which was working perfectly here, now stutters significantly on system generated sounds, may or may not play them at all if short, but behaves generally well if playing from a browser (using default device) except for a little stutter occasionally.  It seems a little worse on 30, but the character is the same.

It seems to be best at 5 to 10msec MC output driver delay (Wasapi Exclusive).  Generates 1/2 frequency or sub-harmonics if you use minimum hardware delay, but plays without stutter then.  Taking it up to 500msec doesn't make much difference.

In an earlier release I was sampling in the WDM zone DSP, everything up to 96k when it was working correctly (no stutters), but now it's somewhat better at 44k.

Convolution is normally enabled in DSP but it doesn't matter whether that is enabled or not.

There is a 'wdm' player zone defined, and it is currently associated with a playback device different from the standard audio player zone.  They both work independently even though there is a zoneswitch definition that should switch off audio or video playback in favor of wdm, and vice versa, which I believe used to work correctly.  The trigger is [Filename]=[live:////ipc".  Has that changed?

--Bill

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC20 WDM driver performance problem
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 12:01:09 am »

I can confirm both of these.
With the first, it's a real problem when trying to play music via the Tidal music player, as it stutters at the start of every track.

With the second, the trigger still works, but I think Zone Switch may be broken in the current version.
I'm seeing a lot of strange behavior which is going to need a big write-up in a separate post.

jkladwig

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 01:26:18 am »

I was also having stutter issue until I set sampling on the WDM driver to 48K.

atlings

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 05:23:06 am »

The MC20 driver seems to overwrite my other WDM drivers (for a usb to spdif interface) - every time i update i have to reinstall the drivers, which is a pain. On my other pc, I get no sound after updating MC20. Please make these drivers optional...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 06:34:51 am »

The MC20 driver seems to overwrite my other WDM drivers (for a usb to spdif interface) - every time i update i have to reinstall the drivers, which is a pain. On my other pc, I get no sound after updating MC20. Please make these drivers optional...
You can install MC from the command line with a /NODRIVER switch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up